X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
    Ive covered this....... I DONT CONDONE IT
    I think giving him a pass is pretty much condoning it. In fact, it is the definition of condone.

con·done /kənˈdōn/

verb: accept and allow (behavior that is considered morally wrong or offensive) to continue; approve or sanction (something), especially with reluctance

synonyms: allow, let pass, turn a blind eye to, overlook, forget
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• I DONT CONDONE WHAT HE IS DOING!!!! HE is not the only President that controlled the messaging. I dont condone either control.
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
        I think giving him a pass is pretty much condoning it. In fact, it is the definition of condone.

con·done /kənˈdōn/

verb: accept and allow (behavior that is considered morally wrong or offensive) to continue; approve or sanction (something), especially with reluctance

synonyms: allow, let pass, turn a blind eye to, overlook, forget
        I think the confusion here is related to baldgriff choosing to make an observation I would hope none here agree with, vs him actually stating HE agrees with it. He was careful to say "he gets a pass..." Not that HE (baldgriff) gives him a pass. He ends the sentence saying, "I don't condone it, just making an observation," which I took to me that he isn't giving Trump a pass, but thinks that is the reason others are giving him a pass. Baldgriff was responding to my inability to see any justification from anyone to give him a pass on this, but giving a theory about why Trump fans aren't blinking at this behavior.

That defense/clarification out of the way, I can go back to vehemently disagree with almost every thing baldgriff says . For instance, I agree with others that comparing Obama to Trump on this is very much a false equivilancy for a variety of reasons, and only acts to normalize extremely disturbing and brazen behavior from Trump.

Comment

• Well you all know how I feel--If you don't denounce something, you condone it through your silence.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            Just imagine if Obama had held a presser with all the major networks except Fox News.

Oh the Outrage!
            didnt something like that happen?
            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
              didnt something like that happen?
              Not when he was President.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                This guy is stating from experience about a seven year process that went to the Supreme Court. Sounds like being prosecuted to me.
                No, he was not prosecuted. Risen was subpoenaed by the Bush administration in 2008 in connection with an espionage, U.S. v. Sterling. The Obama Risen fought his subpoena all the way to the Supreme Court, but lost.

From Wiki:

The Supreme Court rejected his appeal during June 2014,[14] leaving Risen facing the possibility of jail depending upon whether the federal prosecutors choose to pursue his testimony. He has stated that he will continue to refuse and is willing to go to jail.[15]

In October 2014, Attorney General Eric Holder, speaking at a Washington, D.C. event, stated “no reporter’s going to jail as long as I’m attorney general.”[16]

In January 2015 The New York Times reported that Risen "will not be called to testify at a trial", which ended a seven-year legal fight over whether he could be forced to identify his confidential sources.

As it turned out, federal prosecutors called Risen in a pre-trial to ask if he wrote the book and if he had confidentiality agreements with his sources. Holder wouldn't let them ask who his sources were. If they had asked, he would have had to identify them or go to jail for contempt.
                If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  I think the confusion here is related to baldgriff choosing to make an observation I would hope none here agree with, vs him actually stating HE agrees with it. He was careful to say "he gets a pass..." Not that HE (baldgriff) gives him a pass. He ends the sentence saying, "I don't condone it, just making an observation," which I took to me that he isn't giving Trump a pass, but thinks that is the reason others are giving him a pass. Baldgriff was responding to my inability to see any justification from anyone to give him a pass on this, but giving a theory about why Trump fans aren't blinking at this behavior.

That defense/clarification out of the way, I can go back to vehemently disagree with almost every thing baldgriff says . For instance, I agree with others that comparing Obama to Trump on this is very much a false equivilancy for a variety of reasons, and only acts to normalize extremely disturbing and brazen behavior from Trump.
                  Well, then, baldgriff gets a pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    Not when he was President.
                    weird, I remember Fox getting shut out for a day and some of the other networks reporters protested.
                    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                      weird, I remember Fox getting shut out for a day and some of the other networks reporters protested.
                      In 2008 he excluded a couple of reporters on a flight, but that was during the 2008 campaign before he was elected. Other than that, there's no record of anything similar to what the current Admin did today.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• The thing is to keep your eye on the ball, all of this Trump nonsense about the press and being the enemy of the people is nothing more than a cheap magicians trick. What they're scared about is the press finally connecting the dots to Russia and the Trump connections there. The story is slowly being uncovered, and the Trump people are trying everything to distract from that.

And really, enough with the "well he did it too" nonsense...it doesn't matter. What matters is that it's happening now, and it can't be condoned or excused.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          The thing is to keep your eye on the ball, all of this Trump nonsense about the press and being the enemy of the people is nothing more than a cheap magicians trick. What they're scared about is the press finally connecting the dots to Russia and the Trump connections there. The story is slowly being uncovered, and the Trump people are trying everything to distract from that.

And really, enough with the "well he did it too" nonsense...it doesn't matter. What matters is that it's happening now, and it can't be condoned or excused.
                          Trust me when I say--Nothing gets past me.

Not that I'm a savant because anyone with half a brain and an inkling of how the mind works can see through this bullshit.

They'll face the music because people like us won't allow them to do otherwise.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                            Well, then, baldgriff gets a pass.
                            Thanks Lucky!
                            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                            Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Hey, no worries. I'm just glad you didn't condone it.

Comment

• Backing out of the Correspondents dinner.

Dude must be grabbing himself by himself.

Pussy.

Just in case some of you didn't get it.

Fucking thin skinned coward,

He won't last the year.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X