This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nots View Post
    Trumps pee party. I guess linked is the wrong word. Cited? Commented based on speculation? Acknowledged? Embraced? Hoped ?
    Pick one of thise
    LOL..I did cite the allegations that Trump did indeed have a strange party in Russia, I can assure you that it was NOT sourced from 4 chan. There were plenty of other sources...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      You and PC again...The IRS also refers to them as undocumented aliens. Also all non citizens are referred to as "aliens".

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/inte...volving-aliens
      Call them what you want there either documentation or not. It's choosing a nice word because illegal could be offensive - even if it's the truth.
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
        Call them what you want there either documentation or not. It's choosing a nice word because illegal could be offensive - even if it's the truth.
        I hesitate to butt in, cause this is a mini-thread I'm not sure I want to join, but I don't think "documented" or "undocumented" doesn't mean whether we can document whether they exist or not. I think it means whether there is documentation of their residency status, e.g. citizen, visa, green card, etc. Documented immigrants can be any of these, and subcategories, such as permanent-residents-but-not-citizens, people who can stay here so long as they are working for universities, etc.

When someone doesn't have documentation of their residency status, that doesn't prove that they came into the country illegally. It would be damn near impossible to prove a certain person came in illegally, unless you have a witness who saw them. But if they don't have "papers", that makes them subject to ICE jurisdiction. Everybody assumes the undocumented immigrants entered illegally, and it is a pretty good assumption, but it is just that - an assumption.

This also helps explain why many people use the term "undocumented" instead of illegal. It is semantics in a sense, but in a sense it is much more than that. Not having your papers sometimes tells only part of the story, and "illegals" is a harsh generalization.
        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Okay, the "campaign rally" is about to start. We need to divide into three groups. Group 1 takes a shot every time he says "media". Group 2 takes a shot every time he says "fake". Group 3 takes a shot every time he says "dishonest". We all take two shots if he says "Hillary" and three shots if he says "fine-tune(d) machine".

Which group are you in?
          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
            Okay, the "campaign rally" is about to start. We need to divide into three groups. Group 1 takes a shot every time he says "media". Group 2 takes a shot every time he says "fake". Group 3 takes a shot every time he says "dishonest". We all take two shots if he says "Hillary" and three shots if he says "fine-tune(d) machine".

Which group are you in?
            I'm afraid I'd die of alcohol poisoning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              I'm afraid I'd die of alcohol poisoning.
              Proving that Lu...Redbirds Fan is a uniter...I must completely agree.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• I'm crying uncle. He didn't say Hillary, did he?

I noticed one thing. Trump said many times during the campaign that he had a secret plan to defeat ISIS that he couldn't tell us about until he was elected. Turns out the secret plan was to tell Mad Dog Mattis to come up with a plan.

Melania looked nice. I still don't understand the use of the Rolling Stones song.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                  Um, you go boy. You keep fighting the good fight (as you define it) because you're apparently very good at it, so long as no one disagrees. I wasn't aware that I was a fan of a Beitbart, but thank you for telling me.

For someone who claims to be a big fan of Bill Maher you apparently have no appreciation for humor. Not that Bil Maher is that funny, but whatevs.
                  I just thought it was interesting that the same type of "look at all the butthurt, snowflake social justice warriors" blah blah blah... That's a theme the right wingers like to kick around on here, and it's interesting to me that the leading voice of White Nationalism in the US does the exact same type of trolling.

I didn't say that you read Breitbart. I said it was interesting that you guys all repeat the talking points and mantras of the far right, even though most of the right wingers on here identify more as either fiscal conservatives or libertarians. The same tactics used by Milo YianNAZI really reminded me of you guys, so I thought I'd give a shout-out. Again, not saying you're a racist, not saying your jokes about projecting "liberal safe-space crybabies" are necessarily harmful on their own. Just saying, it's exactly what Milo does in the interview with Bill Maher, and exactly what they talk about in the article I linked to.
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                    You know that the from the loftiest peaks of the moral high ground where extremists on the left like teenwolf live, you can see all things, even those things that haven't happened yet. It's sort of like the movie Minority Report, in which they could predict who is going to commit a crime and lock them up before they ever did. Even though we haven't gone there, nibblenuts like teenwolf, know that from our posting history that we are likely to go there at some point. Therefore, he needs to eradicate the vermin that he perceives us to be, before we do something like crazy like have a conversation and voice counter-opinion. Teenwolf for President.
                    "nibblenuts" is homophobic and I'm triggered, so I won't be having this conversation. I'm going back to my safe space.

For real though, raise the level of discourse.

I didn't have the time earlier in this thread to respond to you talking about some liberal poster who thanked the other libs without shouting out the conservative voices in the discussion. chancellor, In The Corn, Pogues, sometimes yourself... and others I'm forgetting right now are often reasonable, respectable, thoughtful voices on here that I value the contribution of, but your whining about the lack of a shout-out to any right wingers is pretty self-centred and petty. I wanted to give a shout out to a few posters that were posting great links in the past few weeks and you had to make it an issue that I didn't mention you? Dude, I've been on Rotojunkie since the 90's, my favourite posters list goes hella long. You feel bad you didn't get a mention? Sad.

You're taking this all a little too personally. I hold no beef, as I know things get heated in here. I also don't presume to know much about any posters in here personally, and I'd prefer to debate what's posted rather than making things personal. Please have some more respect. Sorry for not being more responsive to you in this thread (genuinely, as I know it takes time to write a response and it sucks being ignored, and I ignored your responses to my posts a few times, so my bad), I haven't had the time to engage consistently. Carry on reading whatever source you like, just be aware that the correspondent on Bill O'Reilly who claimed that Trump's racist and anti-semitic, authoritarian sh*t-show of a solo press conference this week was "Just Trump having fun!". So my concern is that stereotyping lefties as a bunch of crybabies unworthy of consideration at all... that's all part of what it takes to make you normalize this ignorant, white nationalist agenda. "Trump being Trump". "Milo being Milo". It's not just Breitbart, it's the consensus opinion on Fox News. So there's a bleeding over from Breitbart to the mainstream right wing that I find very worrisome.
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                      I just thought it was interesting that the same type of "look at all the butthurt, snowflake social justice warriors" blah blah blah... That's a theme the right wingers like to kick around on here, and it's interesting to me that the leading voice of White Nationalism in the US does the exact same type of trolling.
                      the shoe was on the other foot 8 years ago. Lots of liberals trolled conservatives calling them butthurt. I think that was one of Jason's favorite words back then.
                      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                        the shoe was on the other foot 8 years ago. Lots of liberals trolled conservatives calling them butthurt. I think that was one of Jason's favorite words back then.
                        Butthurt, Snowflake, and the like are one thing, but a direct name call like "nibblenuts" is pretty uncalled for, IMO. Now, maybe that's a word that's in standard use in certain arenas that I don't frequent, but I like to hope that we've gone beyond name calling here. You can call me butthurt all day long and it's no big deal, just as I refer to Trump as the cheeto hued leader. I just thought that direct shots were out of bounds at this point...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Butthurt, Snowflake, and the like are one thing, but a direct name call like "nibblenuts" is pretty uncalled for, IMO. Now, maybe that's a word that's in standard use in certain arenas that I don't frequent, but I like to hope that we've gone beyond name calling here. You can call me butthurt all day long and it's no big deal, just as I refer to Trump as the cheeto hued leader. I just thought that direct shots were out of bounds at this point...
                          I wasnt replying to the nibblenuts thing. I was letting teenwolf know that the roles were perfectly reversed 8 years ago.
                          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I wasnt replying to the nibblenuts thing. I was letting teenwolf know that the roles were perfectly reversed 8 years ago.
                            I think that we're all aware of that, but the "nibblenuts" thing is the word that stood out. I doubt that any of us would, or have taken real exception to being called butthurt, or snowflake. Those are generally tems that are tossed about in a more generic way.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I think that we're all aware of that, but the "nibblenuts" thing is the word that stood out. I doubt that any of us would, or have taken real exception to being called butthurt, or snowflake. Those are generally tems that are tossed about in a more generic way.
                              I didnt reply to teenwolfs post about nibbles and he didnt mention that in the post I quoted.

Comment

I didnt reply to teenwolfs post about nibbles and he didnt mention that in the post I quoted.
                                LOL...yup, you're right.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X