This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    He's a pompous ass but certainly not an idiot.
    yeah thats probably more accurate. Couldnt think of a better word at the moment.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
      You know that the from the loftiest peaks of the moral high ground where extremists on the left like teenwolf live, you can see all things, even those things that haven't happened yet. It's sort of like the movie Minority Report, in which they could predict who is going to commit a crime and lock them up before they ever did. Even though we haven't gone there, nibblenuts like teenwolf, know that from our posting history that we are likely to go there at some point. Therefore, he needs to eradicate the vermin that he perceives us to be, before we do something like crazy like have a conversation and voice counter-opinion. Teenwolf for President.
      heh, youre a lot more creative than me. Or you're drinking early today!
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Again, the problem is many faceted. Just about all urban schools are underfunded, overworked, and underpaid. My point was that blaming undocumented immigrants for the plight of the system is simply wrong. Are they a part of the problem? but to what extent we don't know. Here's your quote:

Which makes it sound like the neglect is happening because of illegal immigration...

I think that Glen's post touched on the subject in many ways that I didn't. It's just not fair to blame a specific group without factual evidence that they're the cause of the problem.

And yes, I do believe that it's a political issue and little more at this point. Trump may have gotten elected because he played on peoples fears, it certainly didn't hurt him. I'd like to see a study done on the net positive/negative that undocumented people bring to this country. I don't know how it could be measured, but it certainly would be interesting.
        You asked for proof of the neglect, which I provided from a source very sympathetic to your point of view. I never said nor implied that undocumented kids are the sole cause of the problem with Phila schools, but i stand by my point that they are a drain on the schools budgets. It's much more than a political talking point.

Comment

• No, I asked for proof that the undocumented kids were the source of the neglect, because this is what you said in your original post:

How is it right to neglect these students of Philadelphia, and especially the documented immigrant students, and provide them less than they are entitled to because some folks didn't immigrate legally?
          Everyone who lives in an urban are knows that there are problems with the public school systems, but you provided no proof to back up your assertion that illegals were the source of the problem. Now, I've agreed that everything that drains the system is a part of the issue, but to what percentage?

And it's very much a political talking point, IMO, more than a major issue.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

No, I asked for proof that the undocumented kids were the source of the neglect, because this is what you said in your original post:

Everyone who lives in an urban are knows that there are problems with the public school systems, but you provided no proof to back up your assertion that illegals were the source of the problem. Now, I've agreed that everything that drains the system is a part of the issue, but to what percentage?

And it's very much a political talking point, IMO, more than a major issue.
            If you can't make the leap from thousands of extra kids in the district being a drain on resources then I can't help you. Seems rather obvious that more kids with the same amount of money is going to cause problems. A lot of problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
              If you can't make the leap from thousands of extra kids in the district being a drain on resources then I can't help you. Seems rather obvious that more kids with the same amount of money is going to cause problems. A lot of problems.
              No, you can't help me, because you provide no facts to back up your assertions. It's a pretty simple thing that I'm asking for...what may seem obvious, may not actually be the case.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

No, you can't help me, because you provide no facts to back up your assertions. It's a pretty simple thing that I'm asking for...what may seem obvious, may not actually be the case.
                No, I can't help you because you are unwilling to admit that 48,500 additional students requires more teachers or a greater number of students per classroom and requires additional support stuff or a reduction in services all of which negatively impacts the educational experience.

Comment

• How can you provide statistical information about undocumented people. You do see the irony there right?
                  It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                  Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

No, I can't help you because you are unwilling to admit that 48,500 additional students requires more teachers or a greater number of students per classroom and requires additional support stuff or a reduction in services all of which negatively impacts the educational experience.
                    No, you can't help me because I ask for facts, not speculation. You can't provide the facts, your speculation is meaningless...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                      How can you provide statistical information about undocumented people. You do see the irony there right?
                      No, there is no irony...if they're in the system, there is a record of who they are, and where they live.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

No, you can't help me because I ask for facts, not speculation. You can't provide the facts, your speculation is meaningless...
                        So says the man who linked a 4chan article, lol

Comment

• So then they arent undocumented - which is the pc term - they are illegal aliens.

I mean they are either undocumented or they arent.
                          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

So says the man who linked a 4chan article, lol
                            I did? When and where?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I did? When and where?
                              Trumps pee party. I guess linked is the wrong word. Cited? Commented based on speculation? Acknowledged? Embraced? Hoped ?
                              Pick one of thise

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                                So then they arent undocumented - which is the pc term - they are illegal aliens.

I mean they are either undocumented or they arent.
                                You and PC again...The IRS also refers to them as undocumented aliens. Also all non citizens are referred to as "aliens".

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X