Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI I agree this woman should not be in our country. But there are broader issues to consider, which is why pointing out her particular situation doesn't add much to the debate.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
      And if she hadnt have been here illegally..........

Again - it is sad that she was assaulted. She is still here illegally and should be sent back to her country of origin.
      Your first comment is obnoxiously dumb. You are essentially saying it's sad but it's her fault. You're on a roll today.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Thanks DMT.

I will agree that these situations are difficult. However, it seems we have made our bed based on our lax enforcement of our immigration laws. Both sides are complicit in the lack of enforcement and are motivated in various ways.

It is my position that we need to step back and deal with the mess we have currently before we continue to add to it.
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Thanks DMT.

I will agree that these situations are difficult. However, it seems we have made our bed based on our lax enforcement of our immigration laws. Both sides are complicit in the lack of enforcement and are motivated in various ways.

It is my position that we need to step back and deal with the mess we have currently before we continue to add to it.
          That is not how reality works.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Because now all undocumented victims of domestic violence will be afraid of reporting.
            I agree that is sad, but it's also a bi-product of being in this country illegally 7 times and committing (at least) 3 crimes. What do you say
            to the victims of those crimes and to the (likely) future victims of her crimes?
            EDIT: Didnt see yoir previous response

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
              I agree that is sad, but it's also a bi-product of being in this country illegally 7 times and committing (at least) 3 crimes. What do you say
              to the victims of those crimes and to the (likely) future victims of her crimes?
              The same thing I'd say to any victim. I'm sorry this happened to you and hopefully the system delivers justice to the perpetrator.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                We either have immigtation laws or we dont and they should apply equally big builders and small farmers as well as all other types of industry. Maybe the American union labor force wouldn't be in such decline if we made big builders hire union workers at a fairly negotiated rate
                Then you'd be against Right to Work policies?
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

That is not how reality works.
                  This is the biggest cop out answer.

If we as a country decided that we wanted to deal with the "undocumented/illegal" immigrants that are here as a means of expediting citizenship. We can do it. In reality we as a country decided not to enforce our immigration laws and now we are trying to figure out how to deal with that mess. So stop new messes - and deal with what we have on the current plate.

We as a country get to define what happens in our borders - no one is dictating our immigration policy. We still own and govern all that is within the borders of our country. We can make citizenship for the millions here a reality and still keep people from adding to the problem. The reality currently is that neither party wants to deal with issues for fear of offending some ethnic group (voting block) or because they may not be able to get the labor as inexpensively.
                  It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

The same thing I'd say to any victim. I'm sorry this happened to you and hopefully the system delivers justice to the perpetrator.
                    So she should be deported.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                      Then you'd be against Right to Work policies?
                      Having a Job is not a right. Having a job is means by which you engage in consensual transactions in order to earn money or obtain goods. If you cant find a means to provide services in education, law, human resources, welding, dry walling, singing or whatever other careers exist then to quote Animal House - "The world needs ditch diggers too."

The idea that I exist therefore I should get things is just pure crap.

Comment

If we as a country decided that we wanted to deal with the "undocumented/illegal" immigrants that are here as a means of expediting citizenship. We can do it. In reality we as a country decided not to enforce our immigration laws and now we are trying to figure out how to deal with that mess. So stop new messes - and deal with what we have on the current plate.

We as a country get to define what happens in our borders - no one is dictating our immigration policy. We still own and govern all that is within the borders of our country. We can make citizenship for the millions here a reality and still keep people from adding to the problem. The reality currently is that neither party wants to deal with issues for fear of offending some ethnic group (voting block) or because they may not be able to get the labor as inexpensively.
                        No, making a comment that we should stop all immigration for a couple years while we figure it out is the cop out. It's so absurd I'm not sure why I'm responding to it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

So she should be deported.
                          Yes, she should have been.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

The idea that I exist therefore I should get things is just pure crap.
                            Things like food, health care, and housing?

Sorry, the idea that human beings should be denied the basic necessities of life just because they can't afford it for whatever reason is pure crap. If we're still alive when robots eliminate a huge portion of the jobs currently being done, let's revisit this statement.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Things like food, health care, and housing?

Sorry, the idea that human beings should be denied the basic necessities of life just because they can't afford it for whatever reason is pure crap. If we're still alive when robots eliminate a huge portion of the jobs currently being done, let's revisit this statement.
                              Which is why we take care of the young - feed them, clothe them, provide them a place to sleep and play. We also educate them so that they can learn skills in order to then be on their own. Who ever said deny them food?

Give a man a fish he can eat for a night - Teach him to fish and he can eat for life.

Comment

Agree, especially the last sentence. I think those are probably the two of the three biggest reasons why nothing ever happens.
                                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X