Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noo, cbb, read as many times as you need, or not. i have several times across several separate posts slowly explained what i said. its possible you simply want to be argue, or you cannot process what I have said 5 times over several posts. when i initially said the throw away line of asking for definition of alt-right, a new term born from this election, I was not thinking even paleo, or anyone.

i was thinking we have striking differences in opinion that just does not make sense unless we have different definitions of that term, on basic social issues that we should have moved beyond decades ago, that are hard for me to wrap head around, there i said it 6 times. so i asked what does this mean to you, lets repeat it a few more. i should keep responding to you because you are so important that i need to coddle you until you are satisfied? you are not someone i wish to engage with, you are coming from a poisoned stance, anything you utter is from a point of looking for ill, and needing to be snarky. you do not exist, poof, gone, 1st person ever on the not worth responding to list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post

EDIT: I don't know of anyone, in either party, or as an Independent, who has ever advocated open borders. I may be wrong on that, but unconditional entry into our country by anyone who can manage to fly, swim or stagger up to our border is something I do not remember being proposed.
      It may not have been proposed, but we know where the undocumented workers are and we mostly turn a blind eye for econic or emotion reasons. Isnt that more or less an open border policy?

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
        It may not have been proposed, but we know where the undocumented workers are and we mostly turn a blind eye for econic or emotion reasons. Isnt that more or less an open border policy?
        Not so much, because you are talking about people who are already here. I haven't seen anything to suggest that we are turning a blind eye and letting just anyone in. As a matter of fact, the border patrol was massively increased over the last eight years. I think it was doubled.

And there is part of the problem. How many cabinet appointees, Democrats and Republicans, have been tripped up by having undocumented household workers they didn't pay taxes on? (Even Trump's pick for Secretary of Labor, for crying out loud. How ironic is that?) How many big builders and contractors use undocumented immigrants as part of their labor force? That seems to be a different matter, though. Those aren't the type of "illegals" we need to get rid of, are they?
        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
          noo, cbb, read as many times as you need, or not. i have several times across several separate posts slowly explained what i said. its possible you simply want to be argue, or you cannot process what I have said 5 times over several posts. when i initially said the throw away line of asking for definition of alt-right, a new term born from this election, I was not thinking even paleo, or anyone.

i was thinking we have striking differences in opinion that just does not make sense unless we have different definitions of that term, on basic social issues that we should have moved beyond decades ago, that are hard for me to wrap head around, there i said it 6 times. so i asked what does this mean to you, lets repeat it a few more. i should keep responding to you because you are so important that i need to coddle you until you are satisfied?
          "Maybe the problem is that alt right is acceptable to some here" - gcstomp

All I asked for was who you were referring to and you go on these long rants that make about as much sense as paleoman's rants.

you are not someone i wish to engage with, you are coming from a poisoned stance, anything you utter is from a point of looking for ill, and needing to be snarky. you do not exist, poof, gone, 1st person ever on the not worth responding to list.
          Nevertheless, I persisted.
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
            I knew I could count of all of you....
            Always got your back buddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
              NO -

Lets say there are 10 million illegals here. Why not figure out how to get this group legalized and assimilated and see where we end up after that. Then lets figure out how we get the best of the best from other countries.
              We already do that, why do you think that the top 100 or so tech companies filed a friend of the court brief opposing Trumps Muslin ban? Because we already take other countries best and brightest...

And BTW, we already have pretty extreme vetting of immigrants, they are NOT the issue. The number of illegals in the US hasn't changed since 2009, in other words, it's a static population. 2/3rds of the undocumented aliens have lived here for over a decade...

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• The term illegals is intentionally negative. People are just people, some undocumented, some not. The issue of ripping families apart that have lived here for years, who have raised children born in this country, and who are employed is mixed and emotional to me. The past weekend ICE agents had raids, gathered up hundreds of people who were in settled families, a flag went up for instances of a driving violation.

The heartbreaking story I just heard was "A hearing in El Paso County in Texas went from ordinary to “unprecedented” last week when half a dozen Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents showed up at a courthouse where an undocumented woman was seeking a protective order against the boyfriend she accused of beating her." and as a clarification, had no current outstanding state warrants. We cannot treat people like subhumans, as if we have a right to beat someone, and if they seek protection, we can rip them out of only life they have known for years, and deport them to a country where they know no one, and may not even speak that language. Not everything is black and white, we need to have people in authority able to discern the grey, unless we are heartless fanatics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                  Not so much, because you are talking about people who are already here. I haven't seen anything to suggest that we are turning a blind eye and letting just anyone in. As a matter of fact, the border patrol was massively increased over the last eight years. I think it was doubled.

And there is part of the problem. How many cabinet appointees, Democrats and Republicans, have been tripped up by having undocumented household workers they didn't pay taxes on? (Even Trump's pick for Secretary of Labor, for crying out loud. How ironic is that?) How many big builders and contractors use undocumented immigrants as part of their labor force? That seems to be a different matter, though. Those aren't the type of "illegals" we need to get rid of, are they?
                  We either have immigtation laws or we dont and they should apply equally big builders and small farmers as well as all other types of industry. Maybe the American union labor force wouldn't be in such decline if we made big builders hire union workers at a fairly negotiated rate

Comment

• How can you make a statistical analysis of "undocumented" peoples.
                    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

The term illegals is intentionally negative. People are just people, some undocumented, some not. The issue of ripping families apart that have lived here for years, who have raised children born in this country, and who are employed is mixed and emotional to me. The past weekend ICE agents had raids, gathered up hundreds of people who were in settled families, a flag went up for instances of a driving violation.

The heartbreaking story I just heard was "A hearing in El Paso County in Texas went from ordinary to “unprecedented” last week when half a dozen Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents showed up at a courthouse where an undocumented woman was seeking a protective order against the boyfriend she accused of beating her." and as a clarification, had no current outstanding state warrants. We cannot treat people like subhumans, as if we have a right to beat someone, and if they seek protection, we can rip them out of only life they have known for years, and deport them to a country where they know no one, and may not even speak that language. Not everything is black and white, we need to have people in authority able to discern the grey, unless we are heartless fanatics.
                      While she certainly does not deserve to be beaten and the assaulter should go to jail, according to this article, she had previously deported 6 times following arrests for false imprisonment, assault and stealing mail. Why should we make a place in this country for someone who won't obey our laws? And please save your outrage about other cases, this is the one you chose to highlight and this is the one to which I am responding.
                      The detention alarmed county officials who fear that that the arrest will scare undocumented victims of domestic abuse.

Comment

• yea i get you nots. you are probably right, i have a soft spot for domestic abuse cases and feel thats a raw deal.

Comment

yea i get you nots. you are probably right, i have a soft spot for domestic abuse cases and feel thats a raw deal.
                          I am with you on domestic abuse....how Bobby Cox skated after he beat the crap out of his wife bothers me to this day. But I also feel for the person this women assaulted and the person she falsely imprisoned as well, and I have zero problem with her being returned home.

Comment

• Please quit with trying to take the "moral high ground". If she had been deported 6 times it seems pretty clear that she shouldnt be here. Is it unfortunate that she got abused? Of course. She is here illegally - ergo under our laws she should again be deported.

The guy that did it should also be charged for the crimes that he committed.

That damn rule of law thing that we so greatly cherish here in the good old USA.
                            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                              While she certainly does not deserve to be beaten and the assaulter should go to jail, according to this article, she had previously deported 6 times following arrests for false imprisonment, assault and stealing mail. Why should we make a place in this country for someone who won't obey our laws? And please save your outrage about other cases, this is the one you chose to highlight and this is the one to which I am responding.
                              http://www.elpasotimes.com/story/new...ourt/97965624/
                              Because now all undocumented victims of domestic violence will be afraid of reporting.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• And if she hadnt have been here illegally..........

Again - it is sad that she was assaulted. She is still here illegally and should be sent back to her country of origin.

Comment

Working...
                                X