This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    All too well, thanks. I'll probably have nightmares tonight.

On a serious note, sorry to hear about the missed opportunity. I expect you'd have performed exceptionally well.
    Red, you can call me "Trump" because I said I'd show myself out snd didn't, so...so I'm a liar. Any way, I agree with Chance. You and I, whether you remember it or not, went through some tough career turns around the same time about six years ago. You were kind enough to offer great words of encouragement. At least, someone named Lucky offered those words, and they were/are appreciated. Sometimes the best outcomes are the ones that didn't seem to go your way at the time.
    I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
      Red, you can call me "Trump" because I said I'd show myself out snd didn't, so...so I'm a liar. Any way, I agree with Chance. You and I, whether you remember it or not, went through some tough career turns around the same time about six years ago. You were kind enough to offer great words of encouragement. At least, someone named Lucky offered those words, and they were/are appreciated. Sometimes the best outcomes are the ones that didn't seem to go your way at the time.
      Thanks to you and to Chance. I remember that now that you mention it, and I'm glad to hear that I said something nice then.

Being a criminal court judge isn't a great way to make a living down here, but there is always the feeling of doing everything you can to support and defend the Constitution. I still have some opportunities to do that.

I did try to eliminate any internet footprint. I am neutral in my work, but admittedly "left of center" in my personal beliefs, so I didn't want to take any chances.

(True story...I was in the final three for a great job after the tough career turns you mentioned, bb. I was at dinner with two of the hiring committee. One of them asked me what was the number one problem in America. I thought about it a minute and said "crime". "No", he said. "Really, what is the thing that is killing America?" I didn't know whether to go with unemployment, immigration, the deficit...I went with "education". "Obamacare!" he shouted. I laughed. I couldn't help it. I didn't get the job. I don't want that to happen again.)
      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
        Thanks to you and to Chance. I remember that now that you mention it, and I'm glad to hear that I said something nice then.

Being a criminal court judge isn't a great way to make a living down here, but there is always the feeling of doing everything you can to support and defend the Constitution. I still have some opportunities to do that.

I did try to eliminate any internet footprint. I am neutral in my work, but admittedly "left of center" in my personal beliefs, so I didn't want to take any chances.

(True story...I was in the final three for a great job after the tough career turns you mentioned, bb. I was at dinner with two of the hiring committee. One of them asked me what was the number one problem in America. I thought about it a minute and said "crime". "No", he said. "Really, what is the thing that is killing America?" I didn't know whether to go with unemployment, immigration, the deficit...I went with "education". "Obamacare!" he shouted. I laughed. I couldn't help it. I didn't get the job. I don't want that to happen again.)
        I had a distinctly different problem. After my mess I never thought anyone would hire me and before long, without trying, I had four job offers. Two President and Two Sr. Lender positions. I didn't want to go on interviews. But one guy kept calling me as I laid on a couch feeling my sorry for myself. I meet with him and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't convince that I wasn't the droid that he was looking for. I was in such a deep dark place, but I "successfully" talked another out of pursuing me. The other two got tired of waiting. The dope who kept after me, undeterred by my woe and self-pity, is now the best boss I've ever had. So sometimes good things happen to bad...er, sad people. He allowed me some redemption and grace, for which I am deeply grateful 5 years later. It's not quite my dream job, but it's darn close, although there are days!!! You'll find yours too.
        I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Bless you Shep Smith...courage and integrity.
          Yes, it takes courage to stand up for what you believe, especially when you know you are going ot anger your core audience. I admire Smith for this and wish him well, but there seems to be a ground swell of anger against him, and Fox fans wanting him off the network, because he dared to express any criticism for their guy. I'm seeing him called a traitor, like Megyn Kelly, who needs to be exiled to one of the fake news outlets like she was (i.e. any source that isn't Fox or Breitbart). Some folks seem so desperately tied to "their guy" winning and being right, that no amount of facts, even when presented by those they otherwise respected will ever shake their unwavering devotion. They can't even admit he is ever wrong, about anything, ever. Everything must be spun no matter what. I mean, you don't have to abandon the guy or rip up for GOP card to admit he may be wrong once in awhile. This defend everything at all costs mentality is such a sad thing to see. It's like they fear that if they admit they see even the slightest crack in the facade, their whole world will come crashing down, and if they deny the cracks are they, somehow, they won't really exist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
            I had a distinctly different problem. After my mess I never thought anyone would hire me and before long, without trying, I had four job offers. Two President and Two Sr. Lender positions. I didn't want to go on interviews. But one guy kept calling me as I laid on a couch feeling my sorry for myself. I meet with him and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't convince that I wasn't the droid that he was looking for. I was in such a deep dark place, but I "successfully" talked another out of pursuing me. The other two got tired of waiting. The dope who kept after me, undeterred by my woe and self-pity, is now the best boss I've ever had. So sometimes good things happen to bad...er, sad people. He allowed me some redemption and grace, for which I am deeply grateful 5 years later. It's not quite my dream job, but it's darn close, although there are days!!! You'll find yours too.
            That's such a great story. It made my night. I know exactly where you were coming from, too. No matter how advanced we are and how modern our caves may be, guys still have a tendency to equate self worth with being able to hunt for the tribe.
            If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Yes, it takes courage to stand up for what you believe, especially when you know you are going ot anger your core audience. I admire Smith for this and wish him well, but there seems to be a ground swell of anger against him, and Fox fans wanting him off the network, because he dared to express any criticism for their guy. I'm seeing him called a traitor, like Megyn Kelly, who needs to be exiled to one of the fake news outlets like she was (i.e. any source that isn't Fox or Breitbart). Some folks seem so desperately tied to "their guy" winning and being right, that no amount of facts, even when presented by those they otherwise respected will ever shake their unwavering devotion. They can't even admit he is ever wrong, about anything, ever. Everything must be spun no matter what. I mean, you don't have to abandon the guy or rip up for GOP card to admit he may be wrong once in awhile. This defend everything at all costs mentality is such a sad thing to see. It's like they fear that if they admit they see even the slightest crack in the facade, their whole world will come crashing down, and if they deny the cracks are they, somehow, they won't really exist.
              Just give it long enough and this House of Cards and it's cracks is coming down--Hard.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• still campaigning

http://www.avclub.com/article/vote-t...account-250486

and you can fill it out if you want - https://gop.com/mainstream-media-accountability-survey/

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                  Oh, hell. Let's make it simple. Everyone in favor of the alt-right, raise their hands!

(Somebody tell me if anyone raises their hands. If it's PaleoMan, he's on my "do not disturb" list.)
                  Im not an "alt-right". However I do believe that there are certain positions within it that I would agree with. I am far from racist, but Im sure if I say anything about our immigration policy I will be called racist.
                  It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                  Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                    Im not an "alt-right". However I do believe that there are certain positions within it that I would agree with. I am far from racist, but Im sure if I say anything about our immigration policy I will be called racist.
                    I don't know. Why don't you give it a shot?

Comment

• Can we stop calling them "undocumented" when they are "illegal".
                      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

can we stop calling them "undocumented" when they are "illegal".
                        raciphobist!
                        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                          Maybe the problem is that alt right is acceptable to some here
                          still waiting for you to tell us who you're talking about. Remember, you said the alt right is kkk without hoods so I'm really curious who here is kkk.
                          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Can we stop calling them "undocumented" when they are "illegal".
                            RACIST! You said them and they this is patently wrong and showing your true hatred of anything or anyone that is different than you.

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                              raciphobist!
                              racitypist! You type faster than me!

Comment

• I knew I could count of all of you....

Comment

Working...
                                X