This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
    I'm pretty moderate, considering you have guys in this forum (on both ends of the spectrum) who say we should blow up the whole system and start over. Against that backdrop, there's not a nickel's worth of difference between you and me. Hell, I love my country.
    I love my country too, I'm just not as Hyperbolic as you......
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
      considering there's only a handful of moderate to conservative posters here, it shouldnt be hard for you to list a few names. I'm curious also.
      Following Reds lead, I can state unequivocally, I am NOT in favor of the alt-right. And I do understand it's definition as it's used today.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Following Reds lead, I can state unequivocally, I am NOT in favor of the alt-right. And I do understand it's definition as it's used today.
        I hope no one is looking my way...........I'm on the complete other end of the spectrum Alt Left (can I make that term up?)
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          I love my country too, I'm just not as Hyperbolic as you......
          I would remind you that hyperbole in the defense of liberty is no vice!
          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

I would remind you that hyperbole in the defense of liberty is no vice!
            However when used as an inaccurate portrayal of another, it's well, careless at the very least and irresponsible at its worst.

How about this, go back and actually use my words and their intent when trying to demean me and/or what I say or don't.'

It's completely up to you if you want to continue this petty bullshit or not.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• and more today

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...itism-question

Comment

Okay, there are 5461 people in Edgerton according to the 2010 census. Of those, 51.2% are women. Of those women, approximately 61.2% are between the ages of 18 and 64. That comes out to 1711. The population has trended steadily upwards over the last hundred years. I'm comfortable with that estimate.

And please don't call me Trump.
                Lol! That is the best response ever. Wow, someone went all Wiki on me! I'm not even sure why I chose Edgerton!!! I drive through a couple times a year but it sure don't look that populated (he said is his best Wisconsin accent).
                I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

I'm pretty moderate, considering you have guys in this forum (on both ends of the spectrum) who say we should blow up the whole system and start over. Against that backdrop, there's not a nickel's worth of difference between you and me. Hell, I love my country.
                  I don't love my country. I'm just using in a sort of "County with benefits" kind of way until the perfect country for me comes along.
                  I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    However when used as an inaccurate portrayal of another, it's well, careless at the very least and irresponsible at its worst.

How about this, go back and actually use my words and their intent when trying to demean me and/or what I say or don't.'

It's completely up to you if you want to continue this petty bullshit or not.
                    And with this bat-shit crazy post, you finally made the 'do not disturb' list.
                    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                      I don't love my country. I'm just using in a sort of "County with benefits" kind of way until the perfect country for me comes along.
                      I know better than that. Guys from our generation remember the film "Fatal Attraction".

Comment

I know better than that. Guys from our generation remember the film "Fatal Attraction".
                        Well, I'm always careful wrap my junk when going out around the country.

Ok that's it thanks for coming tonight. Remember to tip tie waiters. And now I'll shoe myself out!

Ronald Reagan

Comment

All too well, thanks. I'll probably have nightmares tonight.

On a serious note, sorry to hear about the missed opportunity. I expect you'd have performed exceptionally well.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Bless you Shep Smith...courage and integrity.

Fox News anchor Shepard Smith on Thursday criticized President Trump for bashing reporters gathered at a lengthy Thursday press conference, calling on him to answer legitimate questions from news outlets.

"(Trump) keeps repeating ridiculous throwaway lines that are not true at all and sort of avoiding this issue of Russia as if we're some kind of fools for asking the question. Really?" Smith said. "Your opposition was hacked and the Russians were responsible for it and your people were on the phone with Russia on the same day it was happening and we're fools for asking the questions?"

Trump was repeatedly asked by reporters from different publications about reported conversations between his campaign aides and Russian officials. Trump blasted such stories as "fake news" and berated journalists.

"Russia is fake news. Russia — this is fake news put out by the media," he said at one point.

Trump maintained that he is not aware that any of his campaign aides had any improper communications with Russian officials.

"No sir," Smith continued. "We are not fools for asking this question, and we demand to know the answer to this question. You owe this to the American people. Your supporters will support you either way. If your people were on the phone, what were they saying? We have a right to know, we absolutely do and that you call us fake news and put us down like children for asking these questions on behalf of the American people is inconsequential. The people deserve an answer to this question at very least."

Smith also defended CNN reporter Jim Acosta, who pressed Trump for answers on several points. Acosta and Trump have frequently sparred at past press conferences. Thursday Trump said he was upgrading CNN from "fake news" to "very fake news."

Smith defended Acosta during the segment Thursday, calling him "an accomplished reporter, a guy I've never met, but a good reporter."
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

And with this bat-shit crazy post, you finally made the 'do not disturb' list.
                              Crazy?

Ok I guess you can play dumb all you want and if being on your DND list prevents your obvious issues with anything I say from continually derailing the topic. Excellent.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                                Bless you Shep Smith...courage and integrity.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...d-about-russia
                                I was particularly impressed with this, especially coming from Fox News.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X