This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Good lesson for media - leave yourself at the mercy of tech oligarchs and your shutdown can come at any time.
    When you enable hateful rhetoric, you should be shut down regardless of political affiliation.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• WTF is Bill Belichick getting the Medal of Freedom for!??!
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        WTF is Bill Belichick getting the Medal of Freedom for!??!
        He is one of the greatest Patriots of our generation!!
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Humiliating the Jets for 20 years or so qualifies him in my eyes.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Turning a blind eye to and refusing to cooperate with investigations into the sexual assault of college kids under his watch? Oh wait, no, that's the other guy getting the medal, Gym Jordan. Yeah, no idea why Darth Belichick is getting it. The medal is already tarnished beyond recognition anyway, just like everything else Trump has gotten his tiny little hands on.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• The fallout continues.

Stripe is no longer processing credit card payments for the Trump campaign, Shopify stopped operating online stores for the Trump Organization and the campaign and the PGA announced it is pulling a major golf tournament from one of his properties.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                The fallout continues.

Stripe is no longer processing credit card payments for the Trump campaign, Shopify stopped operating online stores for the Trump Organization and the campaign and the PGA announced it is pulling a major golf tournament from one of his properties.
                Does anybody know which PGA associated courses Trump owns? I would think that would be a big deal... he doesn't own anything irreplaceable, does he?

I think Judge Jude is the golf nut around these parts. This snippet got me curious.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                  Does anybody know which PGA associated courses Trump owns? I would think that would be a big deal... he doesn't own anything irreplaceable, does he?
                  He owns at least two very much irreplaceable courses with a pretty storied gold history - Doral in Florida, and Turnburry in Scotland. He owns a bunch of others, but I'm not sure how they rate.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• his choice in golf course sites and designers is one of the few things where he's anywhere near as good as he claims.

I attended the 2017 US Women's Open at Trump National Bedminster in central Jersey. (it's located on the former estate of John DeLorean - best remembered for his car in the "Back to the Future" movie.)

for those who don't know, a majority of the top few dozen players on the LPGA Tour are Asian - mainly from South Korea. so they didn't seem to "get" the whole Trump controversy.

as with the men's Tour, no doubt the majority of American players are conservative - and Trump is seen as a major benefactor to promoting women's golf. nobody boycotted, iirc.

the 2022 PGA Championship was about as precious a pearl that Trump had to look forward as there was, to across all of his businesses. it's one of the four annual "majors" (with The Masters, The U.S. Open, and British Open) and it's no secret that Trump - frowned upon as vulgar by the REAL country club blueblood set over the years - saw this as his ticket at last into the elite golf "big time." I can't overstate how much of a kick in the nuts this is for him.

Trump National Doral in Miami indeed is his most famous U.S. course. it hosted a PGA Tour event annually for more than 50 years before the event was relocated to - wait for it, wait for it, wait for it - Mexico in 2017.

the Turnberry course in Scotland first hosted the British Open in 1977, when a young Tom Watson took down Jack Nicklaus for the Claret Jug. its 4th and so far final time as host was in 2009 - that's the one where a 59-year-old Watson preposterously only needed a par on the final hole to make worldwide sports history. sadly, he couldn't quite do it, and lost in a playoff.

the British golf royalty announced back in 2015 that it had no interest in playing on any Trump-owned courses due to his "tone."

Trump also has two courses in Dubai.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      his choice in golf course sites and designers is one of the few things where he's anywhere near as good as he claims.

I attended the 2017 US Women's Open at Trump National Bedminster in central Jersey. (it's located on the former estate of John DeLorean - best remembered for his car in the "Back to the Future" movie.)

for those who don't know, a majority of the top few dozen players on the LPGA Tour are Asian - mainly from South Korea. so they didn't seem to "get" the whole Trump controversy.

as with the men's Tour, no doubt the majority of American players are conservative - and Trump is seen as a major benefactor to promoting women's golf. nobody boycotted, iirc.

the 2022 PGA Championship was about as precious a pearl that Trump had to look forward as there was, to across all of his businesses. it's one of the four annual "majors" (with The Masters, The U.S. Open, and British Open) and it's no secret that Trump - frowned upon as vulgar by the REAL country club blueblood set over the years - saw this as his ticket at last into the elite golf "big time." I can't overstate how much of a kick in the nuts this is for him.

Trump National Doral in Miami indeed is his most famous U.S. course. it hosted a PGA Tour event annually for more than 50 years before the event was relocated to - wait for it, wait for it, wait for it - Mexico in 2017.

the Turnberry course in Scotland first hosted the British Open in 1977, when a young Tom Watson took down Jack Nicklaus for the Claret Jug. its 4th and so far final time as host was in 2009 - that's the one where a 59-year-old Watson preposterously only needed a par on the final hole to make worldwide sports history. sadly, he couldn't quite do it, and lost in a playoff.

the British golf royalty announced back in 2015 that it had no interest in playing on any Trump-owned courses due to his "tone."

Trump also has two courses in Dubai.
                      Thanks for the insights. Anything thats a kick in the nuts to Trump is music to my ears.

I know Scotland is keeping him from his course there right now, using Covid regulations as the impetus. Methinks the excuse is a little convenient right now, but it makes me laugh regardless.
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        He is one of the greatest Patriots of our generation!!
                        I see what you did there, even if the rest of these lumps didn't.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          I see what you did there, even if the rest of these lumps didn't.
                          Epiphany?
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• This has to be some of the clearest evidence yet of the absolute idiocy, selfishness, and inhumanity of some Trump supporters.

Someone carved TRUMP into the back of a Manatee in Florida. Sickening.

Comment

• Sorry, this news clip is better.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                Epiphany?
                                More like a slow golf clap...
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X