This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Donald - F*** you

Today at a joint press conference with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, a reporter asked about the “sharp rise in anti-Semitic incidents across the United States" since Trump’s election.

It was the opportunity for Trump to condemn anti-Semitism in the United States. Here’s Trump’s response:
    “Well, I just want to say that we are, you know, very honored by the victory that we had -- 316 electoral college votes. We were not supposed to crack 220. You know that, right? There was no way to 221, but then they said there's no way to 270. And there's tremendous enthusiasm out there. I will say that we are going to have peace in this country. We are going to stop crime in this country. We are going to do everything within our power to stop long simmering racism and every other thing that's going on. There's a lot of bad things that have been taking place over a long period of time. I think one of the reasons I won the election is we have a very, very divided nation, very divided. And hopefully, I'll be able to do something about that. And I, you know, it was something that was very important to me. As far as people, Jewish people, so many friends; a daughter who happens to be here right now; a son-in-law, and three beautiful grandchildren. I think that you're going to see a lot different United States of America over the next three, four or eight years. I think a lot of good things are happening. And you're going to see a lot of love. You're going to see a lot of love. OK? Thank you.”

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
      Hey Donald - F*** you

Today at a joint press conference with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, a reporter asked about the “sharp rise in anti-Semitic incidents across the United States" since Trump’s election.

It was the opportunity for Trump to condemn anti-Semitism in the United States. Here’s Trump’s response:
      “Well, I just want to say that we are, you know, very honored by the victory that we had -- 316 electoral college votes. We were not supposed to crack 220. You know that, right? There was no way to 221, but then they said there's no way to 270. And there's tremendous enthusiasm out there. I will say that we are going to have peace in this country. We are going to stop crime in this country. We are going to do everything within our power to stop long simmering racism and every other thing that's going on. There's a lot of bad things that have been taking place over a long period of time. I think one of the reasons I won the election is we have a very, very divided nation, very divided. And hopefully, I'll be able to do something about that. And I, you know, it was something that was very important to me. As far as people, Jewish people, so many friends; a daughter who happens to be here right now; a son-in-law, and three beautiful grandchildren. I think that you're going to see a lot different United States of America over the next three, four or eight years. I think a lot of good things are happening. And you're going to see a lot of love. You're going to see a lot of love. OK? Thank you.”
      What's the over/under on when he will stop mentioning the election in every press conference?

"It's gonna take a lotta love
      To change the way things are
      It's gonna take a lotta love
      Or we won't get too far"
      Neil Young
      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
        "There won't be a Republican president for the next 12 years at the very least. You might not agree, but you'd be wrong to do so---again" GITH (11/9/2012)
        Lmao, thank you lucky. I bet my wife either you or Hornsby would search for this exact statement. I'll enjoy the massage she now owes me.

Face it bro, you just can't quit me.

I actually thought about mentioning this but and should have anticipated the depth of your butthurt. Still, I'll take being wrong once in my rotojunkie career for the win.

Rofl, I need to save this one for posterity.

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
          1.02 - "The GOP is fucked, there's no chance in hell they come close to winning the White House with their current cast of characters." GITH (1/15/2016)

Damn, wrong again

Actually, this is similar enough to count as the same statement.

So, I call double jeopardy.

But it's nice to have your attention.

Keep digging guys
          Last edited by Hodor; 02-15-2017, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
            Lmao, thank you lucky. I bet my wife either you or Hornsby would search for this exact statement. I'll enjoy the massage she now owes me.

Face it bro, you just can't quit me.

I actually thought about mentioning this but and should have anticipated the depth of your butthurt. Still, I'll take being wrong once in my rotojunkie career for the win.

Rofl, I need to save this one for posterity.
            No problem. There's a database now.
            If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
              No problem. There's a database now.
              Don't know what that means, but you go boy.

Comment

Hey Donald - F*** you

So what are you mad about here?
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Comment

• LOL....this continues to be a shitshow of epic proportions. Most despised owner in baseball looks to be Ambassador to France. Jeff Loria, owner of the Miami Marlins is likely to be named to the spot. I guess feerless leader is serious about screwing up NATO...
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      LOL....this continues to be a shitshow of epic proportions. Most despised owner in baseball looks to be Ambassador to France. Jeff Loria, owner of the Miami Marlins is likely to be named to the spot. I guess feerless leader is serious about screwing up NATO...
                      everyone who gives to Trump enough money (or a family member) wins a prize (see Devos for example - or see ... - or see ...) the list keeps growing

Comment

LOL....this continues to be a shitshow of epic proportions. Most despised owner in baseball looks to be Ambassador to France. Jeff Loria, owner of the Miami Marlins is likely to be named to the spot. I guess feerless leader is serious about screwing up NATO...
                        If this is the cost of getting Loria to sell the team, it's well worth it.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Thanks for a thoughtful reply to my question. It's interesting that Illinois mirrors Minnesota so much, large rural area acreage wise, but low population. Large urban area where the population is located, so they control government for the most part. Every once in a while Minnesota surprises and tilts the legislature to GOP controlled, but that in turn is stymied by a Democratic Governor. The funny thing is that people don't like facts...Minny has had an economic resurgence under a totally Democratic Governor and Legislature...but the people decided to follow the nation tread, and go Republican for both the local House and Senate. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

On your 1-5 list, do they really believe that they're going to get any of that now that we're a month into the new administration?
                          Wisconsin seems to be doing fairly well with GOP control of all branches. Chance would know better but that's my impression as a ex-pat Cheesehead.
                          I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            If this is the cost of getting Loria to sell the team, it's well worth it.
                            It's not unusual to pass out diplomatic plums to old buddies, but typically the recipients are either pretty qualified or they get Lower Slobovia as their post. I'm not sure what Loria's bona fides are, but if the fish are any indication....

Comment

Hey Donald - F*** you

I, like CBB, am wondering exactly what's wrong with this? I didn't hear him deliver this, so. Aye I'd change my mind if he were completely dismissive, but from the txt above, meh. If you're suggesting he could've use the opportunity to tell the nation to stop doing this "in his name," WWOD (what would Obama do) or WWHD (Hillary)? He ain't no Obama; public speak'n ain't his thang. He has no elegance or eloquence and talks like a narcissist. Me, My, I, Trump, etc. When Ferguson occurred Obama parsed himself words and give mild support to Police, while still trying to balance that with the need to show support to the minority communities impacted. And, I think the difference was his elegance and empathy vs. Trumps New York hard talk.
                              I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                                I, like CBB, am wondering exactly what's wrong with this? I didn't hear him deliver this, so. Aye I'd change my mind if he were completely dismissive, but from the txt above, meh. If you're suggesting he could've use the opportunity to tell the nation to stop doing this "in his name," WWOD (what would Obama do) or WWHD (Hillary)? He ain't no Obama; public speak'n ain't his thang. He has no elegance or eloquence and talks like a narcissist. Me, My, I, Trump, etc. When Ferguson occurred Obama parsed himself words and give mild support to Police, while still trying to balance that with the need to show support to the minority communities impacted. And, I think the difference was his elegance and empathy vs. Trumps New York hard talk.
                                Not answering for Swampy, but to me, the crowing about how well he did in the election (hint, he didn't, he won, but barely) was totally unnecessary if the question was about the rise in anti-semitism. Other than that, meh, he could have come out a lot stronger against the rise in hate crimes, but as you said, he's not necessarily an eloquent speaker. He simply has to let the election results go, he won, end of story.
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X