Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the police officers injured in yesterday’s Trump Riots has died.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      One of the police officers injured in yesterday’s Trump Riots has died.
      I heard one of the 4 deaths yesterday was someone who tasered themselves. Gave me a bit of joy.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• This is a feelgood clip going around.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• The "I got maced" woman is now getting meme'd hard.

Comment

• Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
              This would be even better if they sampled the rapper Mace in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                This would be even better if they sampled the rapper Mace in it.
                You mean Ma$e? I thought the same thing. They got a JPG of him in there at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                  That and the fact they are idiots.
                  We live in a country that's half full of idiots. They tend to support their own kind. How do you think Trump got elected? But, i'm thinking that the Republican National Committee will never again allow anyone named Trump (or Kushner) to get their nomination.
                  Last edited by madducks; 01-08-2021, 01:27 AM.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    We live in a country that's half full of idiots. They tend to support their own kind. How do you think Trump got elected? But, i'm thinking that the Republican National Committee will never again allow anyone named Trump (or Kushner) to get their nomination.
                    That's if the GOP can survive all of the damage that Trump has done to the party.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I don't think they wanted Trump to begin with, how exactly are they going to stop them if the MAGAts refuse to abandon them?
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        I don't think they wanted Trump to begin with, how exactly are they going to stop them if the MAGAts refuse to abandon them?
                        Not sure exactly. But, there has to be a way as long as they have another decent candidate to put their support behind. I don't think they had any good options in 2016.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Not sure exactly. But, there has to be a way as long as they have another decent candidate to put their support behind. I don't think they had any good options in 2016.
                          They were claiming it was strongest field ever when the primaries began. Just look at the polls. Trump ain't going anywhere. The media and political elites are once again claiming that this is the final straw but MAGA-stan knows better. And until they're punished like the traitors they are, they will continue to poison our country.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            They were claiming it was strongest field ever when the primaries began. Just look at the polls. Trump ain't going anywhere. The media and political elites are once again claiming that this is the final straw but MAGA-stan knows better. And until they're punished like the traitors they are, they will continue to poison our country.
                            Yeah, I don't see any path to victory for any Republican in the near-term without at least partially embracing the Trump crowd.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                              Yeah, I don't see any path to victory for any Republican in the near-term without at least partially embracing the Trump crowd.
                              The only way back for the Republican party is to divide and conquer. Keep slicing off the ones who are willing to be sliced. This week it was McConnell and Graham. Others will follow.

Trump will never - NEVER - cede leadership to anyone not named Trump. He'll stir up trouble forever and humiliate Cruz (again) and Hawley and anyone else who presumes to court his cult following. So that'll never work.

It would be easiest if Trump had to run for president from a jail cell. But maybe that's just a pipe dream.

Otherwise, the Democrats can help the Republican party from becoming an all-out Fascist affair. How? First, by signing up enough new voters in red/purple states like Texas and Ohio enough to keep Republicans honest and punish any lunatic-right statewide candidate. Stacey Abrams showed how in Georgia. Second, in those deep-red districts where no Democrat can ever win, the Democrats can nominate on their ticket any "responsible" Republican who is defeated by a Trumpist lunatic in a primary. When you have a moderate Republican against a lunatic, the Democratic minority can exercise power that it cannot do when the party nominates a "traditional" Democrat in these districts. Once government is free of Trumpist lunatics like Louie Gohmert, Marjorie Taylor Greene,
                              and the like, it can get back to governing and force these creatures back under the rocks from which they emerged.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boone View Post
                                The only way back for the Republican party is to divide and conquer. Keep slicing off the ones who are willing to be sliced. This week it was McConnell and Graham. Others will follow.

Trump will never - NEVER - cede leadership to anyone not named Trump. He'll stir up trouble forever and humiliate Cruz (again) and Hawley and anyone else who presumes to court his cult following. So that'll never work.

It would be easiest if Trump had to run for president from a jail cell. But maybe that's just a pipe dream.

Otherwise, the Democrats can help the Republican party from becoming an all-out Fascist affair. How? First, by signing up enough new voters in red/purple states like Texas and Ohio enough to keep Republicans honest and punish any lunatic-right statewide candidate. Stacey Abrams showed how in Georgia. Second, in those deep-red districts where no Democrat can ever win, the Democrats can nominate on their ticket any "responsible" Republican who is defeated by a Trumpist lunatic in a primary. When you have a moderate Republican against a lunatic, the Democratic minority can exercise power that it cannot do when the party nominates a "traditional" Democrat in these districts. Once government is free of Trumpist lunatics like Louie Gohmert, Marjorie Taylor Greene,
                                and the like, it can get back to governing and force these creatures back under the rocks from which they emerged.
                                The idea of nominating a moderate Republican is ultra red districts to put more of test to the fascist crazies that quote Hitler and think lizard people pedophiles rule the world is brilliant...it will never happen, as the Republican would not want to run as a D and the Dems would never support them, but I think it is a great idea. I mean, they kind of do that now by nominating DINOs (my own district did that, and it worked last time, but this time it looks like he lost to the loon he beat last time (Brindisi is down 12 votes right now). But going even farther to put forth true conservatives that are not insane could work better.

The ads here were crazy, though, and they worked. Trump was blasting Brindisi for being a fake Republican, even though he is a Democrat. He says in ads that Brindisi promised to be conservative but was a radical leftist who voted with Pelosi almost 90% of the time--shocking that a Democrat with vote with Dems most of the time! And it looks like it worked. Claudia Tenney's entire ad campaign was attack ads and the only position I ever heard was that she stood with Trump. And it worked.

Comment

Working...
                                X