X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I suppose that doesn't necessarily rule out what you proposed
    I can think of nothing more narcissistic than believing there is a higher power who favors you above all other human beings. It is a very, very simple belief system that does not require a full blown religion. You don't have to do anything, worship, good deeds. All you have to do is keep winning. That is what the higher power wants and the fact that you do is all the proof you need that you are chosen, blessed, special. It also explains his distaste for weakness, his dismissiveness of those who have died or been captured during war. I think it explains a lot about his attitudes about himself and others. I don't think it means he really thinks about that higher power at all, or has ever read the bible or anything. It is just a thought in the back of his mind that he is special and deserves all the good in his life.

If you read the eulogy he gave at his father's funeral, the same belief was there. The eulogy was all about how special his father thought he was, and how his father's greatest accomplishment was in producing Donald Trump. He lamented that he was having his greatest year when he heard the news. The eulogy wasn't about his father at all, it was all about him. His belief in himself is total, and frankly, it helped him become POTUS--many people believe that much confidence cannot be completely unfounded, and so believe that someone claiming to be that great with such complete confidence must be great. I wonder if that belief is faltering at all right now.

Comment

• It is interesting to see the gamut of speculation on the left. Many seem convinced he is near death without evidence. Others, again, without evidence (or logic imo), are speculating he is faking it (like the friends texting Joy Reid, though like Trump often is, she was careful not to make the claim herself). My perspective is that he looked well in that video, it is very early in this illness, so I expected nothing different. There is no telling what turn the virus will take in him, but those speculating on him already being seriously ill seem to be off based on the video and the fact that he walked into Walter Reed on his own legs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        I can think of nothing more narcissistic than believing there is a higher power who favors you above all other human beings. It is a very, very simple belief system that does not require a full blown religion. You don't have to do anything, worship, good deeds. All you have to do is keep winning. That is what the higher power wants and the fact that you do is all the proof you need that you are chosen, blessed, special. It also explains his distaste for weakness, his dismissiveness of those who have died or been captured during war. I think it explains a lot about his attitudes about himself and others. I don't think it means he really thinks about that higher power at all, or has ever read the bible or anything. It is just a thought in the back of his mind that he is special and deserves all the good in his life.

If you read the eulogy he gave at his father's funeral, the same belief was there. The eulogy was all about how special his father thought he was, and how his father's greatest accomplishment was in producing Donald Trump. He lamented that he was having his greatest year when he heard the news. The eulogy wasn't about his father at all, it was all about him. His belief in himself is total, and frankly, it helped him become POTUS--many people believe that much confidence cannot be completely unfounded, and so believe that someone claiming to be that great with such complete confidence must be great. I wonder if that belief is faltering at all right now.
        I don't care enough to read the eulogy he gave at his father's funeral or really anything else he wrote or said. I will leave it at that.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Sen. Thom Tillis & Kellyanne Conway tests positive for corona

Comment

• All of the chickens are coming home to roost.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Sen. Thom Tillis & Kellyanne Conway tests positive for corona
              Trump's campaign manager Bill Stepien has also tested positive.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Grassley refusing to get tested, these fucking slugs.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Sen. Ron Johnson tests positive

Comment

• Trump has now been given Remdesivir in addition to his earlier treatments. It looks like they are throwing everything at him, except hydroxychloroquine....which has really pissed off Stella Immanuel, who Trump famously touted, that said hydroxychloroquine cures COVID-19: https://www.newsweek.com/hydroxychlo...idness-1536161

Trump seemed very impressed by Dr. Immanuel at the time, but seems to be taking the medical advice of the best doctors in the world right now over the lady who claimed that demons caused infertility and impotence, among other ailments.
                    Last edited by Sour Masher; 10-03-2020, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      Trump has now been given Remdesivir in addition to his earlier treatments. It looks like they are throwing everything at him, except hydroxychloroquine....which has really pissed off Stella Immanuel, who Trump famously touted, that said hydroxychloroquine cures COVID-19: https://www.newsweek.com/hydroxychlo...idness-1536161

Trump seemed very impressed by Dr. Immanuel at the time, but seems to be taking the medical advice of the best doctors in the world right now over the lady who claimed that demons caused infertility and impotence, among other ailments.
                      Despite not following Immanuel's advice, Trump is responding well to treatment and doing great, according to his doctor. Who knew the best care by the best doctors following the best practices, taking the best medicine supported by research and trained professionals was a good way to go?

I hope a good outcome here will lead Trump to tout trust in science and medical professionals going forward, and to use his position and power to ensure as many Americans get the sort of treatments working for him as possible, following the guidance and recommendations of trained professionals. It seems when push comes to shove he has the good sense to trust them, regardless of his previous pronouncements that he knows more than professionals in a variety of fields, including medicine.

Comment

• Chris Christie tests positive.

China Virus? Nah, this is without a doubt the Trump Flu.

Trump's doctor just announced they are "72 hours into Trump's diagnosis." That means, unless he misspoke, he was diagnosed with covid Wednesday morning. Which means he went to events (Minn. rally, NJ fundraiser) while KNOWING he had the virus. If a normal person did that, they would be thrown in jail.

Sept 21: "The virus affects virtually nobody. It's an amazing thing."

Comment

• Trump's announcement of the Supreme Court Justice nominee at the White House Rose Garden last Saturday has become a super-spreader event. This photo shows people in attendance who have contracted COVID so far:

People highlighted in pink have tested positive:

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• And Senator Thom Tillis wears a mask!

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Tough call where this video belongs. Lyrics are about fantasy baseball and wishing Trump ill, so i figured "hot button" was the best fit.

I know BuckyBuckner and a few others loved The Weakerthans way back when, so maybe I'll cross-post.

I manage my fantasy baseball team better
                              Than I manage my anger these days.
                              I'd trade my best pitcher for a draft pick
                              And a picture of the President writhing in pain.
                              Its a weird thing to wish for but I can't stop wishing
                              Refreshing the browser some day.
                              If I live long enough and the world doesn't end
                              my wish will come true in a way.
                              And he'll die like we all die, in pain or asleep.
                              And we'll still have our fantasy baseball.
                              And the next fascist fucker in line for the job
                              of demolishing hope for us all.
                              So I'm putting in love now.
                              I'm putting in faith.
                              Putting fear on a long-term IL.
                              I'm going outside. I'm gonna help organize
                              something better. Something beautiful.
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                                Tough call where this video belongs. Lyrics are about fantasy baseball and wishing Trump ill, so i figured "hot button" was the best fit.

I know BuckyBuckner and a few others loved The Weakerthans way back when, so maybe I'll cross-post.

I manage my fantasy baseball team better
                                Than I manage my anger these days.
                                I'd trade my best pitcher for a draft pick
                                And a picture of the President writhing in pain.
                                Its a weird thing to wish for but I can't stop wishing
                                Refreshing the browser some day.
                                If I live long enough and the world doesn't end
                                my wish will come true in a way.
                                And he'll die like we all die, in pain or asleep.
                                And we'll still have our fantasy baseball.
                                And the next fascist fucker in line for the job
                                of demolishing hope for us all.
                                So I'm putting in love now.
                                I'm putting in faith.
                                Putting fear on a long-term IL.
                                I'm going outside. I'm gonna help organize
                                something better. Something beautiful.
                                I am gonna check out the Weakerthans. Thanks for sharing this.

Comment

Working...
                                X