Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Well, an article on if Trump will leave peacefully if he loses has to have him losing as an outcome, though.

While I don't really watch CNN or MSNBC or any other non-Fox News channel, I don't believe any commentator has said this was a slam dunk win for Biden.

OTOH, nearly ALL of my Facebook feed Trumpies are proclaiming this as a slam dunk Trumpy win, polls be damned. I had one guy, a kid I grew up with who's now a doctor, proudly proclaiming the only way Biden could win was if the election was rigged. LOL, where I have heard that before??
      Of the four most righties I know, One slam dunk Trump, the other getting very sure Trump is losing. Then 2 more thinking a Trump loss. So of the 4 it is 1-3 winning vs. losing.

Believe them and Trump is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Of the four most righties I know, One slam dunk Trump, the other getting very sure Trump is losing. Then 2 more thinking a Trump loss. So of the 4 it is 1-3 winning vs. losing.

Believe them and Trump is done.
        You're asking the wrong question. Out of 4 Trumpers, how many will bring their guns out to the protest after Trump declares victory? Will Biden prefer to "fight it out" and watch violence take over as legitimate political expression? Or will Biden concede? I mean, Gore conceded before votes were counted under far less pressure than Biden will face. I'm not optimistic.

This shouldn't be close, but Biden insists on courting "sane Republicans", based on personal conduct, and R's don't care. There's no mass exodus of R's. So will Biden get the kids out while refusing to offer them anything tangible? I don't think so. Biden will keep the electoral college results close enough that Trump mucks it enough to retain power.

While Biden could have stated his support for his party platform aspects that help people today, he instead decided to spit in progressives faces yet again, saying "the only person calling to defund the police is Donald Trump".

Biden's team is touting the endorsement of former Republican Governor of Michigan, Rick Snyder. The fucking cartoon villain who destroyed his public water utilities and spread lead poisoning for a couple bucks, then covered it up for months impacting the health of many... they'd sooner vote him onto death row than into office. Yet Biden has no scheduled Michigan visits! Its like he's trying to lose! How am I wrong?
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          You're asking the wrong question. Out of 4 Trumpers, how many will bring their guns out to the protest after Trump declares victory? Will Biden prefer to "fight it out" and watch violence take over as legitimate political expression? Or will Biden concede? I mean, Gore conceded before votes were counted under far less pressure than Biden will face. I'm not optimistic.

This shouldn't be close, but Biden insists on courting "sane Republicans", based on personal conduct, and R's don't care. There's no mass exodus of R's. So will Biden get the kids out while refusing to offer them anything tangible? I don't think so. Biden will keep the electoral college results close enough that Trump mucks it enough to retain power.

While Biden could have stated his support for his party platform aspects that help people today, he instead decided to spit in progressives faces yet again, saying "the only person calling to defund the police is Donald Trump".

Biden's team is touting the endorsement of former Republican Governor of Michigan, Rick Snyder. The fucking cartoon villain who destroyed his public water utilities and spread lead poisoning for a couple bucks, then covered it up for months impacting the health of many... they'd sooner vote him onto death row than into office. Yet Biden has no scheduled Michigan visits! Its like he's trying to lose! How am I wrong?
          I didn't ask any questions. 3 of them had a brief conversation after a golf game.

The one that predicts a Trump landslide was from a friend on the phone and that came from my comment that Trump was in Kenosha.

Once again we have another crappy election.

Biden should win on the platform that he ain't Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Biden should win on the platform that he ain't Trump.
            It is a hell of a platform. If that ain't enough for the country, the country isn't the place I hope it is. I hope we find out ASAP. The idea of a long, multi-week election vote count is excruciating to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              It is a hell of a platform. If that ain't enough for the country, the country isn't the place I hope it is. I hope we find out ASAP. The idea of a long, multi-week election vote count is excruciating to me.
              Seriously, I wouldn't vote for him personally, but I can completely understand how voters given a choice between a proactive leader like Trump offering to solve all their problems and punish those they deem responsible for their misery, and one offering empathy and no more mean tweets, the Trump choice makes sense. Empathy doesn't matter, Republicans even view it as a weakness, so the whole "soul of the nation" appeal is something right wingers actively do not want. Maybe they're smart in this case because "the soul of the nation" is actually not a tangible thing. At least when Trump threatens China or Mexico or Portland or whatever, he's doing something real and not just saying meaningless pablum. Thinking that Americans who are suffering and claiming that if they don't choose "nothing" over Trump they are bad people, thats not right. Low information working class rubes and crackheads are Trump's base. The shat upon. They want vengeance, they don't want empathy.

Even the Q-anon crap makes sense in a vacuum. You have Trump insinuating he's hunting down pedophiles within the deep state, even though he's supporting real life pedo's and rapists as well, it doesn't have to be consistent.

I have been asking myself lately, "does the US deserve another Trump term?" On the individual level, no sane left winger deserves another Trump term, but on the large scale, I think the country as a whole deserves to suffer. When a government spends over half its resources on military and police state expansion that exceeds all funding of everything else, you are a failed state. Start over. Biden wants everything to keep going as is, fly that plane right into the mountain. Last recession, when Mnuchin stole thousands of homes from California home owners through illegal and unethical tricks, how many years did Kamala Harris put him away for? Oh right, she declined to charge him against the recommendations of her own department. So when you offer different overseers to the continuation of the destruction of the country as the only alternative, expecting something different seems silly.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• 10% of Americans have contemplated suicide recently.

15% of Americans have long term debt from health care expenses, 50% of Americans fear medical bankruptcy, something that only exists in America.

(No time for links to these stats right now, but if anyone wants them I'll get them later)

With Trump's moratorium on evictions until the end of the year, a financial cliff is piling up of renters to evict. Projected evictions of 10x the last recession, and surely foreclosure crisis when renters can't pay. This will be a living nightmare.

All of these people suffering honestly won't impact the election much. People suffering the most are the least likely to vote, and if they do it won't be Biden. Especially when they aren't offered anything but warm and fuzzies as alternative. Bernie could have drawn them out.

Comment

• It isn't like Biden and his team are unaware of their lack of connecting with the youth vote so far. They are trying, and are not just offering pablum (though the word empathy is a big part of the message, it iisn't the whole message)--they are trying to offer specific solutions to differentiate from Trump: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...Lzj?li=BBnb7Kz

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    It isn't like Biden and his team are unaware of their lack of connecting with the youth vote so far. They are trying, and are not just offering pablum (though the word empathy is a big part of the message, it iisn't the whole message)--they are trying to offer specific solutions to differentiate from Trump: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...Lzj?li=BBnb7Kz
                    This article proves all of my points.

The campaign is working overdrive to depict Biden and now his vice presidential pick, Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), as the candidates of compassion as they seek to woo socially conscious millennials and Generation Z voters amid dual crises: the coronavirus pandemic and a national reckoning on race.

“The empathy these generations have for other, often voiceless Americans — that’s the same empathy that Biden has,” said Della Volpe.

The campaign is betting that young voters, hit hardest by the economic crisis as coronavirus derails life on college campuses and job prospects for many recent graduates, will identify with Biden’s personal story once they get to know him. “It’s powerful when young voters understand his story, his empathy — and how the challenges and trauma in his life have shaped his political views," Della Volpe said. "All of that makes him a genuinely kind person but it has much more meaning in a political context — especially with younger people who remind me that they are living through two recessions and in a dystopia at the same time.”
                    There's nothing concrete offered within this article. It just keeps saying they're working overtime and trying their best and whatever. Promote $15/hr thats in your goddammit platform! They are losing the youth vote because they offer them nothing.

Comment

• Yep, they offer them nothing, other than what's in their platform. Do you ever read the shit you type out loud? Try it because maybe it'll help you understand how stupid it sounds.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                        Seriously, I wouldn't vote for him personally, but I can completely understand how voters given a choice between a proactive leader like Trump offering to solve all their problems and punish those they deem responsible for their misery, and one offering empathy and no more mean tweets, the Trump choice makes sense. Empathy doesn't matter, Republicans even view it as a weakness, so the whole "soul of the nation" appeal is something right wingers actively do not want. Maybe they're smart in this case because "the soul of the nation" is actually not a tangible thing. At least when Trump threatens China or Mexico or Portland or whatever, he's doing something real and not just saying meaningless pablum. Thinking that Americans who are suffering and claiming that if they don't choose "nothing" over Trump they are bad people, thats not right. Low information working class rubes and crackheads are Trump's base. The shat upon. They want vengeance, they don't want empathy.

Even the Q-anon crap makes sense in a vacuum. You have Trump insinuating he's hunting down pedophiles within the deep state, even though he's supporting real life pedo's and rapists as well, it doesn't have to be consistent.

I have been asking myself lately, "does the US deserve another Trump term?" On the individual level, no sane left winger deserves another Trump term, but on the large scale, I think the country as a whole deserves to suffer. When a government spends over half its resources on military and police state expansion that exceeds all funding of everything else, you are a failed state. Start over. Biden wants everything to keep going as is, fly that plane right into the mountain. Last recession, when Mnuchin stole thousands of homes from California home owners through illegal and unethical tricks, how many years did Kamala Harris put him away for? Oh right, she declined to charge him against the recommendations of her own department. So when you offer different overseers to the continuation of the destruction of the country as the only alternative, expecting something different seems silly.
                        Translation: I'm morally superior but I believe millions of people should suffer.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

• So Woodward has Trump ON TAPE admitting he's been lying about COVID the entire time. He's a fucking sociopath and his supporters have no more excuses. Monsters all of them.

President Donald Trump admitted he knew weeks before the first confirmed US coronavirus death that the virus was dangerous, airborne, highly contagious and “more deadly than even your strenuous flus,” and that he repeatedly played it down publicly, according to legendary journalist Bob Woodward in his new book “Rage.”
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            Yep, they offer them nothing, other than what's in their platform. Do you ever read the shit you type out loud? Try it because maybe it'll help you understand how stupid it sounds.
                            Calling me stupid again, such mature discourse. Quote the article and prove your point, smart guy. Always so devoid of substance. It makes me laugh.

Also, i specifically hope Trump is elected so that you suffer. If the rest of Americans are affected, I guess they're just collateral damage. But I'll enjoy every ounce of your suffering. You deserve it. I'll feel bad for the rest of America, but I'll concentrate on the bright side of your personal suffering.

Not one person has addressed the fact that $15/hr is in the platform and Biden NEVER mentions it... you refuse to address his team's promotion of Snyder's endorsement... you're unwilling to argue on facts, just hurl personal insults. You bring nothing.

Comment

• Biden may not bring it up as much as you would like lately, and maybe he should, but he has been calling for $15 minimum wage since his very first campaign speeches back in April 2019 and has lauded it as something we should be doing for many years, saying it is long overdue. It isn't some capitulation to those more progressive, it is one issue he seems to actually believe and want to push. The message is out there, and is pretty clear and explicit. I don't get how a voter can miss that Biden is for a $15 minimum wage?

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/bi...ech-2019-04-29

Comment

• Here is Biden talking about NY raising min wage to $15 four years ago. He has been strong in his support for a min wage hike for many years now. It seems a weird thing to focus on suggesting he is trying to hide from that part of his platform (I could see it more for something else, but Biden has always been for this). I guess you are saying, he needs to remind folks that he has always been for this? Any voter with any info on Joe Biden should know he is for this.

Comment

Working...
                                X