This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    I really hope the protestors come well protected.
    I hope the panthers show up armed to the teeth
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
      My wife is heading out of town for a couple of weeks, so I am bacheloring for awhile. I wonder never subject my wife to this, but I have this weird fascination to watch Trump's Rally tomorrow night. I disagree with him on so many issues, and find him to be absolutely horrible person. As a pure communications event I want to watch this rally from his first statement until his last. I want to understand where people find the connection.

When Trump was doing daily press conference it was the highlight of my day, as I could rage watch those. I'd get angry and laugh at the same time.

Is it odd that I want to watch this tomorrow. I'm a moth to a flame...
      Train wrecks are fascinating
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        Train wrecks are fascinating
        I actually would look for written transcripts because then they are even less coherent - you play "try to find a sentence" or "try to find a complete thought" or "what was that again"

Comment

• Thing is about Tulsa--It's complete open carry--loaded or unloaded and NO license required.

National Guard being deployed ahead of the rally, any wagers about Tiny's Militia friends showing up as welt to defend their messiah?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Thing is about Tulsa--It's complete open carry--loaded or unloaded and NO license required.

National Guard being deployed ahead of the rally, any wagers about Tiny's Militia friends showing up as welt to defend their messiah?
            I"m not saying something bad's gonna happen ... but it sure seems that all the ingredients are being put in place ...
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              I"m not saying something bad's gonna happen ... but it sure seems that all the ingredients are being put in place ...
              Thing is, you're gonna have Trump Supporters, Militia who may or may not support Trump, but will be locked and loaded, Anti Covid folks who again, may or may not support Trump but think Covid is a myth or social distancing and the like are trampling their rights all either IN Tula now or arriving tonight or tomorrow for a rally (which is said to have about 20K in attendance but there will be a lot more than that out and about)a few blocks from where tens of thousands (they have estimated over 100K) people in town celebrating Juneteenth, in addition of the protestors there who are-- Anti Trump, Pro Covid Protection (maybe not anti Trump) anti Milita (again, maybe not anti trump), BLM, anti Police brutality etc, etc all starting in their respective places, but whom are sure to co mingle at sometime over the next 48 hours.

Not to mention the POtuS's threat to meet the protestors with violence and Tulsa's track record on race relations and yeah--it's a powder keg.

If they can avoid any major incident, it'll be a miracle, that said--I just hope the body count stays in single digits.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Jeffrey Berman, the US Attorney for the Southern District, was abruptly replaced by Barr tonight.

Coincidentally, he was investigating Rudy Giuliani.

The corruption of this regime knows no bounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Jeffrey Berman, the US Attorney for the Southern District, was abruptly replaced by Barr tonight.

Coincidentally, he was investigating Rudy Giuliani.

The corruption of this regime knows no bounds.
                  Berman is refusing to step down. This should be good.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Berman is refusing to step down. This should be good.
                    Finally! Someone with a backbone who will stand up to Trump. I've never heard of this Berman guy, but i like him already.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• the rally is like jones town. or coronalapalooza or bio-terrorism expo 2020. ppl shouldn't watch it. it might be like the 1968 democratic convention. maybe it will be like Kent state. maybe a helicopter will swoop in and use the wind of the rotor blades to disperse crowds and lose control and crash. maybe 19000 ppl inside will become infected.

I can understand why ppl underestimate viruses... I thought before we would need another 4 years of trump to change. but that was before the virus. the combination of the virus + Trump accelerated the social upheaval happening. if I was smarter I would've predicted this year being a watershed moment in our country's history. like the civil rights movement or women voting. i'd rather not focus on cultural things but economic ones instead. because I think inequality is a more encompassing issue.

the one thing I did most the last 20 years was I always had a lot of time for myself. almost too much time. I had my moments but never as bad as the restlessness in the country now. ppl can't handle life without competition, or strife, or idleness. I don't think I ever thought it would be our achilles heel. Time.. everyone's always in a rush to get things done. they can't sit still even in middle of a bad virus. put together enough inequality and time to think about life and the result is social upheaval.

i can support Biden now. even tho he has mostly been wrong about every foreign decision he's ever made. I actually still support invading Iraq. I wish things had gone different but Saddam had to go eventually. Libya was a bad idea. I was wrong about that. letting China in the WTO was wrong. i don't think i want Susan Rice as a VP. but i can see Biden with her. he'll end up choosing her.

and Donald Trump will eventually get the coronavirus like Boris Johnson. the worst thing would be if he died from the coronavirus and escaped future history's assessment of his presidency. but you know Trump served a purpose -together with the coronavirus, all the chess pieces in the world fell in place. it will help us decide on what everyone needs to focus on and repair our (everyone's) world faster.

but call the rally today for what it is. it's Jonestown.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post

and Donald Trump will eventually get the coronavirus like Boris Johnson. the worst thing would be if he died from the coronavirus and escaped future history's assessment of his presidency
                        I'd be ok with it.

Comment

• Trump campaign officials said that more than a million people had registered to attend the rally, and one local official stated that they expected 100,000 to show up near the arena.

Looks like about 990,000+ stayed home:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Trump had to cancel his address to the overflow crowd outside the arena because....there wasn't any.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Looks like my local minor league team draws a bigger crowd.

Someone is gonna be so fired for this!!

Comment

• Geoffrey Berman, the US Attorney for the Southern District, resigned on Saturday after initially telling reporters "I'm just here to do my job" when he arrived at his office that morning.

The brief holdout is being considered a victory for Berman who said he was leaving "In light of Attorney General William Barr's decision to respect the normal operation of law" by appointing Berman's current deputy Audrey Strauss as acting replacement instead of Barr's initial choice of US attorney in New Jersey Craig Carpenito. It is expected that Strauss will continue the investigation of Trump attorney Rudy Guiliani, while Carpenito would have likely closed the case.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X