Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope you guys are well stocked on aluminum foil.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
      I hope you guys are well stocked on aluminum foil.
      Nah, that is a conspiracy of the aluminum foil cartel. The only way to really protect yourself is saran wrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Nah, that is a conspiracy of the aluminum foil cartel. The only way to really protect yourself is saran wrap.
        I see through your saran wrap conspiracy

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
          I see through your saran wrap conspiracy
          I set up the dunk, and you good sir, slammed it home.

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
            I hope you guys are well stocked on aluminum foil.
            I'd wager I'm right
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              I'd wager I'm right
              You really think all the branches of the military, command and rank and file, see Trump as some sort of deity above the law? If the SC calls the election and say he has to go, they they will rebel against the rule of law that is the foundation of the Republic, and back a dictator for life wannabe? It would take more than some, it would take the majority to place Trump above the law.

I don't see it happening. Voter suppression to the max. Gaming the system any way he can. Yes and Yes. Him claiming the votes were hacked if he loses, also yes. But if the election is called by the courts, him having the clout and support for what would essentially be the destruction of our democratic system of government, no.
              Last edited by Sour Masher; 04-20-2020, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• 100%, though, if he loses, he will claim he didn't really lose. I'm not sure the exact form of that denial, but he will spin it in some way, for sure. I'd bet anyone anything I have on that.

Comment

You really think all the branches of the military, command and rank and file, see Trump as some sort of deity above the law? If the SC calls the election and say he has to go, they they will rebel against the rule of law that is the foundation of the Republic, and back a dictator for life wannabe? It would take more than some, it would take the majority to place Trump above the law.

I don't see it happening. Voter suppression to the max. Gaming the system any way he can. Yes and Yes. Him claiming the votes were hacked if he loses, also yes. But if the election is called by the courts, him having the clout and support for what would essentially be the destruction of our democratic system of government, no.
                  I said nothing about the police or military. I'm saying the people you see out in protest right NOW defying the stay at home orders, the Amon Bundy and MAGA types will fill the streets if he calls and they'll be armed. To date they haven't be engaged by law enforcement/authorities, but just remember Ruby Ridge. There will be violence if he loses. AND he'll love it that people are willing to die for him.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I said nothing about the police or military. I'm saying the people you see out in protest right NOW defying the stay at home orders, the Amon Bundy and MAGA types will fill the streets if he calls and they'll be armed. To date they haven't be engaged by law enforcement/authorities, but just remember Ruby Ridge. There will be violence if he loses. AND he'll love it that people are willing to die for him.
                    Oh, I thought you were suggesting he could actually stay in power, by calling his minions to arms.If all you mean is he will try to call some citizens to fight and possibly die for his ego, I could see it. Some poor fools may get their pea shooters and make some noise, and some of those poor souls may lose their lives if they do, and I do believe he would secretly (or openly) feel pleased that people fought for him, even though they died needlessly. I'd be surprised if there were more than a few incidents, though, with maybe as many deaths as a bad soccer riot. Push comes to shove, I don't see people dying for this man, especially for no good end or reason.

Comment

Oh, I thought you were suggesting he could actually stay in power, by calling his minions to arms.If all you mean is he will try to call some citizens to fight and possibly die for his ego, I could see it. Some poor fools may get their pea shooters and make some noise, and some of those poor souls may lose their lives if they do, and I do believe he would secretly (or openly) feel pleased that people fought for him, even though they died needlessly. I'd be surprised if there were more than a few incidents, though, with maybe as many deaths as a bad soccer riot. Push comes to shove, I don't see people dying for this man, especially for no good end or reason.
                      True because anyone who has to parade around in camo with an AR-15 to prove his manhood/patriotism is a coward.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

There was violence in several cities when he won too, right? I imagine there will be violence if he wins this time too.

Last edited by nots; 04-21-2020, 05:35 AM.

Comment

• Conflating much?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• [QUOTE=GwynnInTheHall;371800]Conflating much?[/QUOTE
                            Nope, just giving my opinion and backing it up with precedent, not hype.

Comment

• [QUOTE=nots;371803]
                              Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              Conflating much?[/QUOTE
                              Nope, just giving my opinion and backing it up with precedent, not hype.
                              Opinion or not, you're still conflating Armed Resistance by those intent to subvert the rule of law (Keep Trump in the White House) with protesters who were not armed, who's intent was to voice their displeasure with the results of a lawful election (Not to Remove trump) Was there random violence as occurs often during protest rallies? Yes, but to equate throwing a brick with an AR-15 and lawful protesters with Armed Milita (Amon Bundy and the Like) is

Conflating.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• [QUOTE=GwynnInTheHall;371820]
                                Originally posted by nots View Post

Opinion or not, you're still conflating Armed Resistance by those intent to subvert the rule of law (Keep Trump in the White House) with protesters who were not armed, who's intent was to voice their displeasure with the results of a lawful election (Not to Remove trump) Was there random violence as occurs often during protest rallies? Yes, but to equate throwing a brick with an AR-15 and lawful protesters with Armed Milita (Amon Bundy and the Like) is

Conflating.
                                And you are conflating actual things that happened to things your imagination thinks (hopes?) might happen.
                                Hypothesizing.

Comment

Working...
                                X