This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
    The simplest, most common sense explanation is that Trump wants those states to end their lock downs.
    So give them funding and tests.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
      We’ll be can’t have it both ways. On one hand he says it’s the state’s responsibility and now he wants shit to open. Pick a position and stop using language that incites people to ignore the best practices recommended by scientists. He’s acting like a child. Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.
      Nothing new here.
      “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
        We’ll be can’t have it both ways. On one hand he says it’s the state’s responsibility and now he wants shit to open. Pick a position and stop using language that incites people to ignore the best practices recommended by scientists. He’s acting like a child. Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.
        I very much doubt Trump has read Thomas Paine, or very much of anything that doesn't have his own name in it.
        Last edited by Sour Masher; 04-19-2020, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          I very much doubt Trump has red Thomas Paine, or very much of anything that doesn't have his own name in it.
          I don't think he can read.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
            I don't think he can read.
            Yes, but can he red? . I can't type good.

Comment

Yes, but can he red? . I can't type good.
              I was going to let that one pass, dude.

Comment

• What if Trump was an air traffic controller?:

"United 542, you have traffic somewhere in front of you, over there , a bunch of miles, actually a lot of miles, some people would say not many miles, but I like to think of it as a lot.

The traffic is at the same altitude as you are; I was the first to notice it, before anyone else noticed it, and you should be showing me more respect for providing the separation services that I give you.

We have many contingencies, the best contingencies, many altitudes that we can assign you. But I’m only here as a backup, the pilot should have the same altitudes so we don’t have to use my stockpile of altitudes.

I know the other airplane is getting closer and we have to act quickly, but the previous controller at this sector, yesterday, left everything a mess. I could turn you or make your airplane go up or down, as we say, go up or down, because planes are designed to do that like those beautiful Wright brothers intended.

A lot of people are saying that I make the best traffic calls and provide fantastic separation and the safety.

And now, I’ll turn you over to Mike Pence......."

Comment

• Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
                  What if Trump was an air traffic controller?:

"United 542, you have traffic somewhere in front of you, over there , a bunch of miles, actually a lot of miles, some people would say not many miles, but I like to think of it as a lot.

The traffic is at the same altitude as you are; I was the first to notice it, before anyone else noticed it, and you should be showing me more respect for providing the separation services that I give you.

We have many contingencies, the best contingencies, many altitudes that we can assign you. But I’m only here as a backup, the pilot should have the same altitudes so we don’t have to use my stockpile of altitudes.

I know the other airplane is getting closer and we have to act quickly, but the previous controller at this sector, yesterday, left everything a mess. I could turn you or make your airplane go up or down, as we say, go up or down, because planes are designed to do that like those beautiful Wright brothers intended.

A lot of people are saying that I make the best traffic calls and provide fantastic separation and the safety.

And 100 years from now, many people will be saying that I was the greatest air traffic controller there ever was, and they would be right.

Comment

• Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
                    What if Trump was an air traffic controller?:

Nicely playerd.

Comment

• What if he loses the election in November? Any reason to think that he will willfully walk away and let the new president takeover

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                        What if he loses the election in November? Any reason to think that he will willfully walk away and let the new president takeover
                        I think he has to. I still have enough faith in our system that he won't be allowed to stage a take over. I do have a friend who fully believes he will fight it, with violence, if he can get the support from the military and citizens. I just don't see it. Even the sycophantic followers would have to see what a dark turn that would be for our country--the end of our democracy. He may want to, but no way he will be allowed.

Comment

What if he loses the election in November? Any reason to think that he will willfully walk away and let the new president takeover
                          Nope, in fact I mentioned this long ago--If/when he loses you're going to see him call his minions to arms and they, as you've seen over the past few days, will be more than happy to oblige.
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I think he has to. I still have enough faith in our system that he won't be allowed to stage a take over. I do have a friend who fully believes he will fight it, with violence, if he can get the support from the military and citizens. I just don't see it. Even the sycophantic followers would have to see what a dark turn that would be for our country--the end of our democracy. He may want to, but no way he will be allowed.
                            Allowed? He does whatever he wants to, doesn't matter what's allowed or suggested to him. He was warned his Liberate tweets might actually be illegal by staff and he ignored them.

He's the ex you have to have dragged away by the cops because they just won't acknowledge that--It's Over!
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• first of all - I too agreed with you years ago on thsi

But we are all forgetting a teeny tiny detail - you think that the voting system won't be hacked and corrupted in the first place - remember the commissions to look into foreign interference in elections - oh wait they never happened

Comment

first of all - I too agreed with you years ago on thsi

But we are all forgetting a teeny tiny detail - you think that the voting system won't be hacked and corrupted in the first place - remember the commissions to look into foreign interference in elections - oh wait they never happened
                                Well, yeah, that could happen. But you asked what would happen if he lost, not if he won by cheating. Now, if he lost, I'm sure he will claim that the election was hacked to justify a revolt, but I just don't see it happening. And allowed is the right word. His old, fat orange self isn't going to Rambo his way through everyone. He needs the full support of the armed forces on his side to go against election results and the law. Him whining about losing and getting a few thousand militia types behind him won't do a darn thing except get some people killed needlessly.

Comment

Working...
                                X