Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup, I said it, and I will stand by it.

I use to give Trump the benefit of the doubt. When Charlottesville happened, I thought what Trump said was okay, until he doubled down on the statement. In my view, it was at that point he realized that his dog whistling was a hit with his base, and he became an abject racist! The "China Flu" is no different. He is doing more damage than he realizes.

Let's be honest, has America ever been a weaker position in your life time? COVID-19 is worse the 9/11 in weakening our country. If one of our enemy's ever wanted to attack, now is the time.
    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post

Let's be honest, has America ever been a weaker position in your life time? COVID-19 is worse the 9/11 in weakening our country. If one of our enemy's ever wanted to attack, now is the time.
      Russia is doing that by disseminating false news and information. I think that is the sort of thing we will continue to see--disinformation, propaganda, cyber attacks, etc. No one wants a direct bombs and planes conflict with the US, pandemic or not.

Comment

Yup, I said it, and I will stand by it.

I use to give Trump the benefit of the doubt. When Charlottesville happened, I thought what Trump said was okay, until he doubled down on the statement. In my view, it was at that point he realized that his dog whistling was a hit with his base, and he became an abject racist! The "China Flu" is no different. He is doing more damage than he realizes.

Yeah trump's a racist and he uses race baiting, base entertaining slurs all the time.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Yup, I said it, and I will stand by it.

19% mortgage rates
          Double digit inflation
          Russia rolling thru Afghainstan
          Unemployment around 11%
          Stock market under 1000
          Gasoline rationing on odd/even dates
          Oil prices at an all time high
          44 Americans being held hostage in Iran for over a year
          Yes, it has

Thinking an enemy is going to attack is just plain silly

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
            19% mortgage rates
            Double digit inflation
            Russia rolling thru Afghainstan
            Unemployment around 11%
            Stock market under 1000
            Gasoline rationing on odd/even dates
            Oil prices at an all time high
            44 Americans being held hostage in Iran for over a year
            Yes, it has

Thinking an enemy is going to attack is just plain silly
            Russia knew back then that they were out-gunned and out-manned, and their leader was as unhinged as their current, neither was our's as our current.
            "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
            - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
            - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Russia knew back then that they were out-gunned and out-manned, and their leader was as unhinged as their current, neither was our's as our current.
              Ok, i will keep an eye out for the attacks

Comment

• i don't want to point out fox news talking points, but in Taiwan they call it the Wuhan Flu. so saying China flu is overboard. also, the WHO said over two months ago when this started there was no human to human transmission. i pointed out there was a month and a half ago in my original post about this. except that was after China already knew there was. China is one of the biggest investors in the WHO next to the US.

and i'd rather not say bad things about the WHO. but this is like science fiction exchanging brown envelops of money in a parking garage stuff. when both knew weeks too, a month beforehand, it was human to human transmissible. it's a crime. you can't sugarcoat it. incidentally Taiwan has kick ass medical infrastructure, but because of China's government policies, they aren't and weren't allowed to help. the WHO shuns Taiwan. failing to take some responsibility or hold the people that covered it up means that it will happen again.

you know are NOT racist when you watch WWII history and see Japan hauling off the Chinese people and children and killing them. the most horrible thing in the world. it was as bad as Germany. that was then and this is now. but lets at least hold China's leaders and the WHO some culpability for this virus.

i don't agree with ignorant people like Nigel Farage talking right now. why newsweek would give him a mantel i don't know. he doesn't even have his facts straight.

and it's entirely possible that someday the same thing will originate and happen in the US. the H1N1 outbreak recently REEMERGED in the Americas. and who knows where H5N1 originally developed. but the fact is that has been around now for decade. so now it no longer matters where it originally was born, what matters is if there is an outbreak that the world is alerted if it becomes human to human transmissible and information like that isn't delayed by the people the world relies on and trusts.

but it won't happen like that. it will always be covered up no matter where it happen because economic interest is more important to everyone in charge. until it becomes a pandemic. and everyone points fingers except at the very people who covered it up for their own economic interests. this is why incidents like this will keep happening in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  If anyone votes for this clown after his press conference yesterday, where he uttered the words that will live for all eternity: "I take no responsibility," then shame on them. Enough is enough with this loser.
                  His base just doesn't care. I've tried to have intelligent conversations with some and they honestly said it doesn't matter to them at all. They are happy and content even though he will never be confused with being a LEADER.

Comment

• Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
                    His base just doesn't care. I've tried to have intelligent conversations with some and they honestly said it doesn't matter to them at all. They are happy and content even though he will never be confused with being a LEADER.
                    Trumpers think that he's doing a great job and blame the media and the Democrats for anything that he does wrong.
                    Last edited by madducks; 03-22-2020, 09:13 PM.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                      It wasn’t a racist term until Trump used it, then it was. Guess folks need to get a political gain out of a crisis.
                      Which of the following is also racist:
                      Spanish Flu, West Nile Flu, Lyme’s Disease, Asian Flu?
                      Lymist :|

hey, dont forget Ebola and MERS!
                      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Yeah you're right Trump's not racist at all. Thanks for clarifying that.
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• is it just me or is Trump actually looking over the shoulders of the experts speaking at the news conference at their notes like someone that didn't study for a test and is hoping to find some answers?

Comment

• ok he just called Iowa and like 6 other states countries. oops

Comment

• oh he just alluded to the flu and car accidents having more deaths. guess they didn't get the memo if you don't shelter people in place for the next 2-3 months there will be over 2 million deaths. it's not going to work. social distancing isn't going to work. this virus is just too contagious. this is only just starting.

Comment

• I doubt we can afford to shelter in place the next three weeks. If we want to salvage something from the economy, we need to get people back to work soon. Until then, I have to carry a letter that says my job has been designated emergency essential.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X