This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
    the other day I watch frontline about the campfire California forest fire, fire in paradise. it was pretty scary. although like 65 people died and 60k escaped. the cause was climate change and the power company not shutting off old lines when a hazard developed. the actual footage was 'hell on earth' type stuff. one firefighter got a bulldozer and cleared roads. just the idea of evacuating a hospital at the last minute as entire towns burned down.

and Trump says today California needs to clean their forest floors. and you wonder why republicans lost California. if I was one of the people from those towns, I'd be angry and offended.
    Republicans will never win California, that's besides the point.

Today, Dopey says he will cut off aid to California. Frankly, he treats Russia or Saudi Arabia better than he does Americans who didn't vote for him. There will be a day of reckoning for Dopey and the rest of the GOP, hopefully very soon.

Comment

• Gordon D. Sondland recounted how he told Ukrainian officials that military aid was tied to their commitment to investigations President Trump wanted.

In his updated testimony, Mr. Sondland recounted how he had discussed the linkage with Andriy Yermak, a top adviser to President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine, on the sidelines of a Sept. 1 meeting between Vice President Mike Pence and Mr. Zelensky in Warsaw. Mr. Zelensky had discussed the suspension of aid with Mr. Pence, Mr. Sondland said.

“I said that resumption of the U.S. aid would likely not occur until Ukraine provided the public anticorruption statement that we had been discussing for many weeks,” Mr. Sondland said in the document, which was released by the House committees leading the inquiry, along with the transcript of his original testimony from last month.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
        https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/05/u...ent-trump.html

In his updated testimony, Mr. Sondland recounted how he had discussed the linkage with Andriy Yermak, a top adviser to President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine, on the sidelines of a Sept. 1 meeting between Vice President Mike Pence and Mr. Zelensky in Warsaw. Mr. Zelensky had discussed the suspension of aid with Mr. Pence, Mr. Sondland said.

“I said that resumption of the U.S. aid would likely not occur until Ukraine provided the public anticorruption statement that we had been discussing for many weeks,” Mr. Sondland said in the document, which was released by the House committees leading the inquiry, along with the transcript of his original testimony from last month.
        So this guy, a big Trumpy donor before being named to his position, lied to defend Trump before being caught in his lie because his colleagues decided to tell the truth. Sad.

Comment

• Down goes Stone. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Trump will probably pardon him, eventually. Sad.

Comment

• Trump defends Joe Biden against North Korean attacks, even against Trump's favourite insult, "a dog"? I have to give Trump credit on this one issue. He's a moron, and seems more motivated by the potential of a NK nuclear treaty leading to a 2nd presidential term than his ambitions of global peace.

But when you contrast it with a jackass like Biden, continuing to provoke NK for Trump's peace talks, after once claiming that he would wipe them out if they acquired nuclear weapons. Trump has done the same, but he usually falls back to the love letters relationship dynamic because he's looking for that win.

Trump defends Joe Biden
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
              Trump defends Joe Biden against North Korean attacks, even against Trump's favourite insult, "a dog"? I have to give Trump credit on this one issue. He's a moron, and seems more motivated by the potential of a NK nuclear treaty leading to a 2nd presidential term than his ambitions of global peace.

But when you contrast it with a jackass like Biden, continuing to provoke NK for Trump's peace talks, after once claiming that he would wipe them out if they acquired nuclear weapons. Trump has done the same, but he usually falls back to the love letters relationship dynamic because he's looking for that win.

Trump defends Joe Biden
              You really count that back handed "defense" as sincere? Come on. It was just a way for Trump to highlight and amplify NK using language they think will make Trump happy. Trump used the tweet to call NK's dear leader Mr Chairman, while calling Biden sleepy and slow. Oh, and he said absolutely squat about Mr Chairman saying Biden should be beaten to death with sticks, or that fact that NK seems to think that is the humane way to not only deal with political rivals, but dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                You really count that back handed "defense" as sincere? Come on. It was just a way for Trump to highlight and amplify NK using language they think will make Trump happy. Trump used the tweet to call NK's dear leader Mr Chairman, while calling Biden sleepy and slow. Oh, and he said absolutely squat about Mr Chairman saying Biden should be beaten to death with sticks, or that fact that NK seems to think that is the humane way to not only deal with political rivals, but dogs.
                Trump not endorsing beating Biden to death with a stick shows a new level of restraint for him.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Trump not endorsing beating Biden to death with a stick shows a new level of restraint for him.

Well put, I cannot argue with that

Comment

• Calling marijuana a "gateway drug" is an egregious unforced error.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      Calling marijuana a "gateway drug" is an egregious unforced error.
                      Yeah, most folks have moved beyond that narrative. It makes him look dated. Of course, so do his dentures following out, him forgetting names and dates and details of stories, and his eye blood vessels bursting during debates.

Comment

• Looks like Trump is hiding some kind of medical issue.

Had an unscheduled medical exam that he explained very strangely in a tweet:

"Visited a great family of a young man under major surgery at the amazing Walter Reed Medical Center. Those are truly some of the best doctors anywhere in the world. Also began phase one of my yearly physical. Everything very good (great!). Will complete next year."

Who gets their yearly physical in 2 phases? Last physical was in Feb. New reports coming in that he went in with chest pain. The source is named and appears legitimate.

Trump also has nothing scheduled in his itinerary the next couple of days, nor did he have anything scheduled today. I definitely said Trump would be dead from a heart attack before the end of his term. However, I'm guessing this was just an anxiety attack, since he was only there for 2 hours, and he's a speed freak under impeachment, so that makes the most sense to me.

Comment

Looks like Trump is hiding some kind of medical issue.

Had an unscheduled medical exam that he explained very strangely in a tweet:

"Visited a great family of a young man under major surgery at the amazing Walter Reed Medical Center. Those are truly some of the best doctors anywhere in the world. Also began phase one of my yearly physical. Everything very good (great!). Will complete next year."

Who gets their yearly physical in 2 phases? Last physical was in Feb. New reports coming in that he went in with chest pain. The source is named and appears legitimate.

Trump also has nothing scheduled in his itinerary the next couple of days, nor did he have anything scheduled today. I definitely said Trump would be dead from a heart attack before the end of his term. However, I'm guessing this was just an anxiety attack, since he was only there for 2 hours, and he's a speed freak under impeachment, so that makes the most sense to me.
                          Interesting. I suspect you are right. I would say this is another example of his dishonestly, but I'd expect and forgive this from any politicians. You have to maintain the illusion of good health as long as you can.

Comment

• as much as I'd like to, I wouldn't read too much into this; whereas the rest of us have to go to get our bloodwork done in advance of a medical, for a president it wouldn't surprise me if that (and other pre-tests) are done as part of a phase 1 at a hospital.
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                              as much as I'd like to, I wouldn't read too much into this; whereas the rest of us have to go to get our bloodwork done in advance of a medical, for a president it wouldn't surprise me if that (and other pre-tests) are done as part of a phase 1 at a hospital.
                              The reporting makes Trump's story look extremely suspicious. Here's an article that covers it pretty well:

https://heavy.com/news/2019/11/trump-chest-pain/

Comment

• So Volker and now Sondland destroy any remaining doubts that Trump is guilty of bribery. Hopefully the public wakes up so pressure on Republican Senators to remove becomes overwhelming.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X