This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    If Trump is impeached who would the repubs want to run in his place?

Who do the dems have that can beat that person?
    Presumably it would still be Trump on the ballot, which is why he will be impeached but the Republicans in the Senate will choose not to remove him from office.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• What if -- he gets impeached and removed.....and then runs as an independent?

Comment

• "The acting US ambassador to Ukraine testified that he was told that the release of US military aid to the country was dependent on Ukraine publicly vowing to investigate Joe Biden and his son as well as the 2016 election, a new report said Tuesday.

Testimony from William Taylor contradicted President Trump’s denial that there was a quid pro quo and that he used the nearly $400 million as leverage for personal political gain, the Washington Post reported."

The acting US ambassador to Ukraine testified that he was told that the release of US military aid to the country was dependent on Ukraine publicly vowing to investigate Joe Biden and his son as we…

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          "The acting US ambassador to Ukraine testified that he was told that the release of US military aid to the country was dependent on Ukraine publicly vowing to investigate Joe Biden and his son as well as the 2016 election, a new report said Tuesday.

Testimony from William Taylor contradicted President Trump’s denial that there was a quid pro quo and that he used the nearly $400 million as leverage for personal political gain, the Washington Post reported."

https://nypost.com/2019/10/22/us-dip...n-2016-probes/
          how can these people be so disloyal!?!?
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            how can these people be so disloyal!?!?
            Traitors, everyone one of them!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Our president is now comparing the impeachment process to a lynching. Just another Tuesday in Trumpland.
              So Trump is despicable, awful, odious, abhorrent... how about Uncle Joe? His excuse at the end of this is pathetic.

Originally posted by CNN
              "Impeachment is not 'lynching,' it is part of our Constitution," the former vice president said in a tweet on Tuesday. "Our country has a dark, shameful history with lynching, and to even think about making this comparison is abhorrent. It's despicable."

In an appearance on CNN in October 1998, however, Biden said the impending impeachment proceedings against then-President Bill Clinton could be viewed as a "partisan lynching."

"Even if the President should be impeached, history is going to question whether or not this was just a partisan lynching or whether or not it was something that in fact met the standard, the very high bar, that was set by the founders as to what constituted an impeachable offense," Biden said.

The Biden campaign declined to comment. Later on Tuesday night, Biden apologized for his words in a tweet.

"This wasn't the right word to use and I'm sorry about that," Biden said. "Trump on the other hand chose his words deliberately today in his use of the word lynching and continues to stoke racial divides in this country daily."
              CNN -- Joe Biden Said In 1998 That Clinton Impeachment Could Be Seen As 'Partisan Lynching'
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                So Trump is despicable, awful, odious, abhorrent... how about Uncle Joe? His excuse at the end of this is pathetic.

CNN -- Joe Biden Said In 1998 That Clinton Impeachment Could Be Seen As 'Partisan Lynching'
                It was a hyperbolic and insensitive analogy then as now, obviously.

It is no secret that Biden has long been a gaffe machine, even when he was sharper than he is now. It is only against someone like Trump that so overwhelming dwarfs his gaffes with his own that he'd have a chance. Against a normal candidate, Biden's own long history of gaffes would get tons more play. Against Trump though, all they'd be used as is a thin shield against his own comments. But there are differences in frequency, proportionality and intent that would make those comparisons weak. Still, it is obviously one more thing to consider, just as HRC's defense of her husband were used as a shield by Trump to protect himself from all of his own infidelities and sexual assault claims.
                Last edited by Sour Masher; 10-23-2019, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• Biden apologized shortly after saying partisan lynching. Did Trump apologize? Did Trump say partisan lynching, or just lynching? Also, Trump has daily used his office to gaslight, with some dozen tweets plus a day simply lying in his disparagement of who he perceives to be his enemies. His enemies namely being not just political opponents, but media, press, law enforcement, and people of dark skin. In trying to take a shot at Biden by equating his not same thing to trump, you are in effect defending evil in form of Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                    Biden apologized shortly after saying partisan lynching. Did Trump apologize? Did Trump say partisan lynching, or just lynching? Also, Trump has daily used his office to gaslight, with some dozen tweets plus a day simply lying in his disparagement of who he perceives to be his enemies. His enemies namely being not just political opponents, but media, press, law enforcement, and people of dark skin. In trying to take a shot at Biden by equating his not same thing to trump, you are in effect defending evil in form of Trump.
                    No, he's just trying to say that Biden is also evil. He's been saying it for awhile now. I disagree, but it certainly is hypocritical of Biden. Nonetheless, equating Biden with Trump because of a comment he made 20 years ago is just as idiotic and despicable as those who equated Clinton with Trump four years ago.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                      Biden apologized shortly after saying partisan lynching. Did Trump apologize? Did Trump say partisan lynching, or just lynching? Also, Trump has daily used his office to gaslight, with some dozen tweets plus a day simply lying in his disparagement of who he perceives to be his enemies. His enemies namely being not just political opponents, but media, press, law enforcement, and people of dark skin. In trying to take a shot at Biden by equating his not same thing to trump, you are in effect defending evil in form of Trump.
                      Trump hasn't apologized for anything he's said or done during his presidency...I'm pretty sure he's never apologized for anything in his life or if he has, those records are sealed like his tax returns.
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        No, he's just trying to say that Biden is also evil. He's been saying it for awhile now. I disagree, but it certainly is hypocritical of Biden. Nonetheless, equating Biden with Trump because of a comment he made 20 years ago is just as idiotic and despicable as those who equated Clinton with Trump four years ago.
                        Allow me to clarify. I actually think the uproar over Trump's use of the word "lynching" is unreasonable. Although it's an indelicate use of the term, Trump has never shown a deft use of language, to say the least.

Of course, using the terms "lynching" or "lynch mob" was much more common in 1998 than today, and carried much less taboo. I don't think either Biden or Trump are very thoughtful or artful speakers, but I don't think in this case it's much of an indictment of either. It would be nice if one of Trump's horrible flaws wasn't mimicked by Biden though.

I actually think it shows how the media has lost the right wing by overhyping personal mistakes. Especially attacking him on this issue, essentially using non politically correct language. He wins on issues like that.
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• So Trump's lawyer today argued that he can't be prosecuted even if he shot someone in the street. It's nice that Republicans have abandoned any sense of reality in their defense of their cult-leader.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            So Trump's lawyer today argued that he can't be prosecuted even if he shot someone in the street. It's nice that Republicans have abandoned any sense of reality in their defense of their cult-leader.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...someone-055648
                            He also said “Once a president is removed from office, any local authority” could prosecute him.

I mean, I'm okay with that in this particular case... as long as we can agree for that to be done shortly

Comment

• So any never Trump republicans here? Our potus thinks you are human scum. Truly, he is a leader that brings grace and dignity to the office and honor and respect to America around the world. It is no wonder that so many still back him so passionately. Why some even want to take up arms to defend him against impeachment! Truly, only a leader who has succeeded in Making America Great Again would engender such fierce loyalty. It is such a relief to me that my kids now get to grow up in great America and not the cespool it was just a couple of years ago.

Comment

• MLB umpire Rob Drake, a full-time ump since 2010, tweeted out that if Trump got impeached he would “grab his AR-15 and start a CIVAL WAR (sic).” Naturally, Repubs on social media came to his defense immediately, [wrongly] saying he can’t be punished by MLB because of Freedom of Speech. I wonder if they said the same about Colin Kaepernick? Hmmmm.

Comment

Working...
                                X