Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is what I think is an accurate transcript for Trump's speech in Minneapolis last night - hard to read, impossible to follow - there are just no complete thoughts or ideas and the rambling - wow

just scroll to about halfway and start reading

https://www.rev.com/blog/donald-trum...ctober-10-2019

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
      Here is what I think is an accurate transcript for Trump's speech in Minneapolis last night - hard to read, impossible to follow - there are just no complete thoughts or ideas and the rambling - wow

just scroll to about halfway and start reading

https://www.rev.com/blog/donald-trum...ctober-10-2019
      I made it a few paragraphs in, but I can't even get through it. I'm not even being sarcastic, he sadly sounds like my grandmother when she was suffering from Alzheimer's before she died. Just total rambling.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
        I made it a few paragraphs in, but I can't even get through it. I'm not even being sarcastic, he sadly sounds like my grandmother when she was suffering from Alzheimer's before she died. Just total rambling.
        That is what he often sounds like to me. I use one 90 second long rambling sentence on the Iran nuclear deal from July 2017 as an example of inchoerences and lack of cohesion in my writing class.

Comment

• the frustrating aspect here is, yes, trump is incoherent. his every utterance displays unhinged, angry, thought fragments with lies as the fuel to deliver hate towards anything not feeding his self created world view. but the trumpers (people who claim to be not trump supports, but at every turn support trump with absurdly weak whatabout arguments), they will say, ah ha, so you just have issue with his course language, with his speaking his mind.

holy hell there needs to be a collective awakening with holding 2 thoughts at once. on one hand, his speech demonstrates trump is unhinged, with a broken moral compass. thats all that is being pointed out with the hate clan rally he had last night. on other hand, at issue is trump lies constantly, breaks law at every turn, and has used every bit of time in his office to further his personal wants, vengeance, cover up, personal profit etc rather than even remotely attempting to act as a president and fulfill his oath to office. putin investment has been a home run.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
            the trumpers (people who claim to be not trump supports, but at every turn support trump with absurdly weak whatabout arguments)
            I've seen you use this phrase a couple times now. I'm not familiar with that type - everyone I know who supports trump does so unabashedly. And the term "trumpers" is typically used just in the general sense for those who support trump (not people who claim not to).

Is your version of the term widely used? I haven't seen it before but I may have just missed it.

Comment

• no ken my use of term is not used. hell nothing has real meaning now, until this shakes out with trump losing election, but refusing to step down and instead incites riots, then we can get real clarity on where people stand.

if you took a complete inventory of every single poster on this hot topics section, every name who posted in past year, you will see lots of support for trump,or defense of trump actions or words, but no self described trump supporters. it is same in real life, you will never have someone describe themselves as a racist, but they are a good percent of population.

Comment

no ken my use of term is not used. hell nothing has real meaning now, until this shakes out with trump losing election, but refusing to step down and instead incites riots, then we can get real clarity on where people stand.

if you took a complete inventory of every single poster on this hot topics section, every name who posted in past year, you will see lots of support for trump,or defense of trump actions or words, but no self described trump supporters. it is same in real life, you will never have someone describe themselves as a racist, but they are a good percent of population.
                Must be a geographical thing, tons of people where I live support Trump and don't hide it in any way.

What you are describing is the fact that this board leans heavily left and the only remnants of Trump support in any form or fashion are those moderates who can put up with him.

But if you want to use a term to describe closet Trump supporters, lets not use trumpers, use something else - trump closeters or whatever catchy name you can come up with - because "trumpers" is an established term and it causes confusion when you use it differently.

Comment

• the fact that this board leans heavily left and the only remnants of Trump support in any form or fashion are those moderates who can put up with him

I do not agree that this statement is true. heavily left, that seems very off? but not important so we can disagree without further swatting at waves.

Does the following feel true to you, as it does to me? People all think of themselves as good and hard working people, trying to get through life best they can? I mean think of yourself, think of your family, think of whoever, people do not wake up and think, I am going to be a dick and hurt others, right? they may think, how am i going to pay this bill, or what can i do to get through this painful day. or maybe like me they have a strong self defense streak, someone hits me I hit back 10 times harder and am puzzled they seem confused at result.

How do we have groups of people who can hear the trump rally, where you can break down his every sentence as a lie, or furthering hate, dare I say evil, or simplly attacks for sake of diversion, and yet 40% of pop weave a web of excuses such as see this is a guy using rough real non politician talk, and cheer him?

Comment

the fact that this board leans heavily left and the only remnants of Trump support in any form or fashion are those moderates who can put up with him

I do not agree that this statement is true. heavily left, that seems very off? but not important so we can disagree without further swatting at waves.
                    What part do you disagree with? There are only a handful of regular posters (or less) remaining that are on the right, but many lefties. How is that not a heavy left lean

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                    Does the following feel true to you, as it does to me? People all think of themselves as good and hard working people, trying to get through life best they can? I mean think of yourself, think of your family, think of whoever, people do not wake up and think, I am going to be a dick and hurt others, right? they may think, how am i going to pay this bill, or what can i do to get through this painful day. or maybe like me they have a strong self defense streak, someone hits me I hit back 10 times harder and am puzzled they seem confused at result.

How do we have groups of people who can hear the trump rally, where you can break down his every sentence as a lie, or furthering hate, dare I say evil, or simplly attacks for sake of diversion, and yet 40% of pop weave a web of excuses such as see this is a guy using rough real non politician talk, and cheer him?
                    A lie based on what? If you start out by believing Trump then you think the media is the enemy, so what are you using to determine that what he's saying is a lie? And in the whatabout climate, even if they find something wrong, they look at the other side and think that they are just as bad (based on the garbage they are being fed).

Ultimately for a lot of people it comes down to how the election effects them individually. Oh, you work in the oil industry and you hear that the left wants to take measures to protect the environment - gotta protect yourself and stay with Trump - so now anything he says you'll rationalize as positive. Or you have the conservative who focuses on the 2nd amendment, or abortion, and assumes the worst case from the other side because of what they are being fed by the right's talking points.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      What part do you disagree with? There are only a handful of regular posters (or less) remaining that are on the right, but many lefties. How is that not a heavy left lean
                      I don't think that's true. There are a lot of posters here who can't stand Trump but are hardly lefties in the overall political scheme of things. I would count myself among them. The fact that Teenwolf has about 40% of the posts in this forum doesn't reflect the posting demographic on this website if you're counting posters rather than posts.

For example, revo and steve can't stand Trump, but I don't think either of them are heavy left leaners.
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        I don't think that's true. There are a lot of posters here who can't stand Trump but are hardly lefties in the overall political scheme of things. I would count myself among them. The fact that Teenwolf has about 40% of the posts in this forum doesn't reflect the posting demographic on this website if you're counting posters rather than posts.
                        Oh I know you aren't a lefty, but you aren't righty either. I'm also not a lefty and I similarly can't stand Trump.

Lets look at the Election 2020 thread - it's entirely about what candidate we should put forth to take down Trump - there's zero discussion about whether we as a board would support whomever wins the dem primary vs Trump. It is a slam dunk that this board would vote for the dem candidate over Trump, overwhelmingly (and thank goodness).

It's a heavy left lean in my opinion. Not that there's anything wrong with it. But if you bring up talking points, it's rare that you get equal discussion from both sides of the aisle, because there simply aren't many on the right side.

Comment

• I mean there was a thread for righties to post http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...-leaning-RJers - I guess either they didn't want to post in the thread or there really aren't many of them. Going through the first few pages:

In the Corn - "I don't know that there are many right-leaning RJ'ers around anymore. While I consider myself very in the middle, and I've answered this before, here is my answer"

nots - "Compared to most of the board, I guess we qualify as right leaning, though out in the real world no one would believe that."

GITH - "Thanks for the responses and yes unfortunately you're about what we have left on the right"

Gregg - "I think we got rid of those guys, at least the true ones. The half hearted ones we got to keep it to themselves."

You - "I'll vote for the Democrat in 2020, and it won't matter which candidate"

I don't really see any other righties there.

I know 1J and Chance were righties, but they are basically gone, at least from our discussions.

Who are the heavy right leans to balance out TW, GITH, Revo, DMT and others on the left if we are not a heavy left board?

Comment

It's a heavy left lean in my opinion. Not that there's anything wrong with it. But if you bring up talking points, it's rare that you get equal discussion from both sides of the aisle, because there simply aren't many on the right side.
                            So you are saying there are too many on the wrong side ?
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              So you are saying there are too many on the wrong side ?
                              Haha... I mean, it's a Donald Trump thread, and that sounds like something he'd say, so sure, let's go with it.

Comment

I mean there was a thread for righties to post http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...-leaning-RJers - I guess either they didn't want to post in the thread or there really aren't many of them. Going through the first few pages:

In the Corn - "I don't know that there are many right-leaning RJ'ers around anymore. While I consider myself very in the middle, and I've answered this before, here is my answer"

nots - "Compared to most of the board, I guess we qualify as right leaning, though out in the real world no one would believe that."

GITH - "Thanks for the responses and yes unfortunately you're about what we have left on the right"

Gregg - "I think we got rid of those guys, at least the true ones. The half hearted ones we got to keep it to themselves."

You - "I'll vote for the Democrat in 2020, and it won't matter which candidate"

I don't really see any other righties there.

I know 1J and Chance were righties, but they are basically gone, at least from our discussions.

Who are the heavy right leans to balance out TW, GITH, Revo, DMT and others on the left if we are not a heavy left board?
                                So I would agree there isn't much actual pro-Trump representation on this board any more. Most of the remaining pro-Trump postings here are meant to keep all of us "lefties" from our TDS.

My point was that my perception of the politics here is that if you represented 0 with extreme liberal, 50 in the middle, and 100 with extreme conservative, that I think a lot of our posters who are still around fall into the 30-60 band. I would agree there aren't many remaining who are in the >60 category. But I do think people's perceptions of the board's political lean is skewed by the fact that our posters who are 10's on that scale like to post a lot.
                                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                                X