This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Kurt Volker, the former Representative to Ukraine, showed damning texts between him and the EU Ambassador discussing their indignation at Trump using Congressional approved military aid as a means to get personal political dirt on his rivals.

Whoopsie Daisy!
    In typical Trump fashion, he is attempting to redefine what is acceptable by fully embracing what he has done and touting it is A-Okay. Shifting the goal post of acceptable presidential behavior has worked for him countless times before, so we will see if Teflon Don is able to pull it off again. He may be having doubts this time, though, because there are talks, again, of him starting a news network. So he may be hedging his bets.

Comment

• Impeach Trump on anything else.

He's taking money from Saudi officials from hotel bookings, then he vetoed the bill to end the genocide in Yemen & he ignored holding Saudi officials responsible for the killing of Kashoggi! Boom! He's taking money directly. This shouldn't be hard. You shouldn't choose to defend the case in which Trump was attacking legitimate conflicts of interest with the Bidens. That's idiotic! The Dems only way to win the impeachment debate, or come out ahead vs Trump by election day would be to call out Hunter Biden's trading on his family name for what it is. They will not do that, instead further alienating the party from average voters.

At least Andrew Yang had the appropriate response, saying it shouldn't be a huge sacrafice for officials to commit that while they're in office, their relatives won't work on foreign corporate boards or other sources of conflict of interest.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• And now he is blaming Rick Perry for his "perfect" call. He didn't even want to make the call, guys, one of his underlings made him do it!

Comment

• Now there are multiple "whistleblowers" including one who has "first-hand knowledge" of the call.

And now he is blaming Rick Perry for his "perfect" call. He didn't even want to make the call, guys, one of his underlings made him do it!
          This coincides with Perry's "resignation." Just another rat jumping off the Titanic.

Comment

• Does anyone know a Trump supporter (or a Republican who voted for him) that has said "that's enough, I cant support him anymore" yet?

apparently the GOP elected officials haven't said it yet either (except mayyyybeee Romney - maybe)

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
              Does anyone know a Trump supporter (or a Republican who voted for him) that has said "that's enough, I cant support him anymore" yet?

apparently the GOP elected officials haven't said it yet either (except mayyyybeee Romney - maybe)
              None, most I know defend him even more.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                Does anyone know a Trump supporter (or a Republican who voted for him) that has said "that's enough, I cant support him anymore" yet?

I do...there's a guy at work who's a confirmed Republican who really regrets his vote for Trump. He vows not to vote for him again, but doesn't know if he can bring himself to vote Democrat.

Baby steps...
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• From the Life Laughs at you files.

So my brother, the ex military, current LA County Sheriffs coroner (Deputy for 25+ years), Trump supporter, Conservative radio listening, Cummins Duale, diesel driving, multi gun owning ….well you get the point, raised 2 sons, Identical twins, up very strict and conservatively. Both attended military academies (one to Annapolis, the other to West Point) Both graduated top of their classes and have been young hot shots in their field--One just got his plane (Marine pilot) and the other is an engineer stationed in Dubai and just got a promotion.

So, the marine pilot got married to a lovely politicians daughter when he was just out of Annapolis and the Engineer just got married to a Marine Pilot in Dubai--Yes he's now in a same sex marriage IN THE MILITARY and my brother, who I knew was still the openminded kid I helped raise it totally supportive of the new couple and will be protective when his in-laws (who are VERY Christian conservative and love Trump for his "Godliness' come a bashing.

NOW, the question is--can he vote for Trump again when Trumps anti LGBT policies for military members would directly hurt his son and the career they've all worked so hard for him to have!!

I have to think he'll not vote at all and chalk it up to living in Cali and that it wouldn't have made a difference.

I just can't wait for Thanksgiving--the table talk should be great!
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                    None, most I know defend him even more.
                    Are they defending him because they believe he is right or is it push back against the way the Dems fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      Are they defending him because they believe he is right or is it push back against the way the Dems fight?
                      I think a lot of it is stubborn refusal to admit that they were wrong. It's akin to the scenario where people lie to cover up a lie and it cascades. Once you have defended Trump over and over, how can you backtrack and save face?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        For most they believe he is right. They want immigrants gone, they want zero new gun laws. They fully back each and every decision he makes. If Trump says something crazy...the biggest decision they have is whether to blame Obama or Pelosi. They deny things Trump has already admitted. It's crazy for sure.

Comment

• Comment

• Wow, that should be a new drinking game--Who said it, trump or red.skull?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              Wow, that should be a new drinking game--Who said it, trump or red.skull?
                              That guy, President SuperVillain, takes old Red Skull comic strips and superimposes Trump's giggle-inducing rhetoric. Like this one from today:

Comment

• Trump is getting hit from all sides for his decision in Syria to hand over Kurdish territory to Turkey. The Kurds lost many lives fighting on behalf of the US, so even from the most simplistic view, it looks bad.

I've seen universal condemnation of the decision from the right and left, the military generals on the ground as well as Israel and Saudi Arabia. Even Noam Chomsky has said that the one crucial peacekeeping force in place was that which protected the Kurds.

I wonder what Trump was promised to hand over control of the region. There is a Trump Tower in Turkey, apparently.
                                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                                X