This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    This is not what she said. This is what she said, "I don't know. I mean, I'd have to go back and look at the details."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...g-hunter-biden
    Her campaign clarified after her non-response, and the campaign said "we see nothing wrong with it."
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
      Gcstomp saying "well, it's not that much money",

Yeah you cant use quotation marks unless it is a quote. I did not say it is not a lot of money. For average person it is lots, for us, unless you have similar resume, it is a lot. I said "Again, typical yale law grad, just a 24 yr old nobody, landing a position in one of the top 20 law firms starts at about 180k a year. Then we have Hunter with more than a quarter century of job progress including chairman positions. A typical chairman position in a fortune 500 company I would bet is at least 500k year. I would bet that his "up to 50k a month" position with Ukraine company is right in line with his building prior positions, and also in line with what someone with his resume would get on average."

And yes, throwing numbers like 113k a month, and when I repeatedly ask for some kind of link as figure on FOX,NPR, Reuters, etc is "up to 50k a month", and calling Hunter an unskilled american, this is stupid, worthy of coming out of someone who absolutely does not want to be taken as a serious adult.
      I posted this article, Biden Inc., detailing all of the corruption Biden's family have engaged in. It's from August, before the current controversy, and its reported by Politico, a highly respected source by most accounts.

You never read the article. Instead you place your trust in your instinct that it seems like a reasonable salary "I would bet", while calling me "stupid"....

So I'll say, you lazy and insulting ass... read the fucking article and then come back and have a real discussion.

I've already said that Trump's actions are corrupt, but it changes nothing about the Biden case. It's not like if Trump's corruption is worse, that somehow nullifies Biden's corruption. Now that impeachment is here, they need to address Biden appropriately, or they'll be hurt by the process. That's all I continue to say.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...ampaign-227407
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• nots, quotation marks are real things, not feelings, they are used in a specific way, to denote verbatim. your take that my words are parody reading, it is wrong, but that is an opinion, and that is fine as you are not using quotation marks to falsely represent i said something in an exact way. so yeah there is a difference.

Comment

• teen, not sure what your doing. I read article, and it does not run counter to my assertion that being a chairman of a fortune 500 company is roughly in line with what Hunter was said to draw. As per article you posted, as quotes, and this is how you use these, "Hunter’s monthly pay from Burisma was reportedly as high as $50,000 in some months." I can show you where in the article it states it, but you could read it if you want. I do not see firm mention of the Hunter Biden salary from the Ukraine company in question, Burisma, that blows up what I said.

as far as you perceiving I called you stupid, I can walk you through this too. I said "...calling Hunter an unskilled american, this is stupid," which, you may recall, you were not the one who posted those words initially, and I was calling this statement, not even stated by you, stupid, so remark wasnt even close to calling you stupid.

Until now. As you posted "So I'll say, you lazy and insulting ass..." yes this is something stupid. I had read article, and you somehow took offense at words you decided were targeted to you. Yes, you are ridiculous, you 10+ hour a day of watching nonsense in lieu of reality and deciding you have something worthy to say. You non relevant non voting in american process but obsessing nutjob. but carry on, fruitloops, you piece of nothing aspiring for relevance. in my life, maybe because i am physically the size of a silver back mountain gorilla, or maybe becuase i associate with people who are able to express themselves without escalating to point where violence seems reasonable, I have not encountered someone begging for a beatdown like you, short of a holiday party with an open bar. You nothing.

Comment

nots, quotation marks are real things, not feelings, they are used in a specific way, to denote verbatim. your take that my words are parody reading, it is wrong, but that is an opinion, and that is fine as you are not using quotation marks to falsely represent i said something in an exact way. so yeah there is a difference.
            I was actually referring to Adam Schiff and his faux quoting of the transcript as opened the hearing. When even liberals pushed back on his paraphrasing Trump’s words, he claimed his opening remarks were a ‘parody’, lol. He’s a loser.

Comment

• Mods to thread please...
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                Mods to thread please...
                U called ?
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                ---------------------------------------------
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                  Her campaign clarified after her non-response, and the campaign said "we see nothing wrong with it."
                  I haven't seen that reported anywhere...besides, is Sanders' response better?

Democrats are united against President Donald Trump for asking Ukrainians a top domestic political rival, but that doesn't mean they're all defending his target Joe Biden.

Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren suggested she’d consider barring her vice president’s children from serving on the boards of foreign companies, the very kind of business arrangement Trump has used in unfounded attacks accusing Biden and his son Hunter of corruption.

When asked whether Trump’s attacks reflect on Biden’s “campaign or his character,” California Sen. Kamala Harris said, “I’ll leave that up to the pundits. I don’t have a comment on that.” And Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, who in 2016 defended Hillary Clinton against attacks over her use of a private email server as secretary of state, sidestepped a question about whether the Biden controversy makes him a weaker candidate.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    I haven't seen that reported anywhere...besides, is Sanders' response better?

https://www.apnews.com/68f19fffdbdf4638ab94117b83f5c8f1
                    Sidestepping the question is 110% the right note to hit here. I'm shocked you have to ask.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Sidestepping the question is 110% the right note to hit here. I'm shocked you have to ask.
                      It's hard seeing clearly with these blinders on.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

teen, not sure what your doing. I read article, and it does not run counter to my assertion that being a chairman of a fortune 500 company is roughly in line with what Hunter was said to draw. As per article you posted, as quotes, and this is how you use these, "Hunter’s monthly pay from Burisma was reportedly as high as $50,000 in some months." I can show you where in the article it states it, but you could read it if you want. I do not see firm mention of the Hunter Biden salary from the Ukraine company in question, Burisma, that blows up what I said.

as far as you perceiving I called you stupid, I can walk you through this too. I said "...calling Hunter an unskilled american, this is stupid," which, you may recall, you were not the one who posted those words initially, and I was calling this statement, not even stated by you, stupid, so remark wasnt even close to calling you stupid.

Until now. As you posted "So I'll say, you lazy and insulting ass..." yes this is something stupid. I had read article, and you somehow took offense at words you decided were targeted to you. Yes, you are ridiculous, you 10+ hour a day of watching nonsense in lieu of reality and deciding you have something worthy to say. You non relevant non voting in american process but obsessing nutjob. but carry on, fruitloops, you piece of nothing aspiring for relevance. in my life, maybe because i am physically the size of a silver back mountain gorilla, or maybe becuase i associate with people who are able to express themselves without escalating to point where violence seems reasonable, I have not encountered someone begging for a beatdown like you, short of a holiday party with an open bar. You nothing.
                        Sorry, I'll let you keep showing me how to act like a grown-up, as you previously stated...

So you called Art Vandalay an idiot, right after GITH told him to "piss off".... gee, I wonder why we have 2-3 right wingers who still grace us with their presence. Just try to show a modicum of respect for anybody, for fuck sake. I understand the urge, I've had heated debates with Art, but I do try not to throw personal insults unless they start it. In this case, you instigated the disrespect. Don't be an asshole. "Nutjob", "Fruitloops", "piece of nothing aspiring for relevance", "begging for a beatdown"... what in the hell is wrong with you?

I've been friendly with gcstomp in the past, but this was quite revealing. What a pathetic display.

Comment

I agree, Sanders needs to walk a tightrope, cannot be seen as throwing friendly fire. It will be so hard to show the differences between himself and Warren without the media jumping to say it's an attack... he probably continues to lay off her nearly entirely for now, although I enjoyed his point in the 3rd debate that he's the only one on the stage who didn't vote for Trump's military budget. I hope he continues with those subtle points, but they become more focused.

That's why it's so crucial that Tulsi made the 4th debate stage, she's the only one that's shown a killer instinct. I hope she goes after Warren on her foreign policy record, as that's Tulsi's biggest policy priority. Warren just put out her answers to a foreign policy questionnaire, and she's exactly what I've been saying.

implies Iran broke deal she voted to unilaterally violate terms of (bullshit)
                          • no mention of S. Korea
                          • will not condition aid to Israel
                          • will not ease sanctions on Venezuela
                          • no mention of stopping the Saudi's inflicting genocide on Yemen

In addition to Warren voting FOR Trump's military budget increase, Bernie has disagreed with every one of those issues, but yeah... they're just so same-y!

https://www.cfr.org/election-2020/ca...cfrs-questions

Comment

• The Gas Tycoon and the Vice-President's Son: The Story of Hunter Biden's Foray in Ukraine

I bolded some key points.

Originally posted by The Washington Post, Sept. 28th
                            The region was so unsettled that one of Hunter Biden’s investment firm partners at the time — former secretary of state John F. Kerry’s stepson — believed that joining the board of Burisma Holdings was a bad idea and ended his business relationship with Biden and another partner, his spokesman told The Washington Post.

[...]No evidence of criminal wrongdoing by the Bidens has surfaced[...]

Still, Hunter Biden’s decision to associate himself with the company has raised an uncomfortable question the Biden campaign is struggling to explain: Why didn’t the vice president take steps to head off a perceived conflict of interest between his efforts to crack down on corruption in Ukraine and his son’s work for a gas tycoon investigated for abusing his position as a government official?

“Why didn’t Joe Biden tell Hunter, ‘Come off it. What the hell do you think you’re doing?’ ” said Oliver Bullough, a British journalist on the advisory board of the Anti-Corruption Action Center, or AntAC, a nonprofit in Ukraine.

For some Ukrainians, Hunter Biden’s association with Burisma undermined his father’s calls to end corruption in Ukraine. It also raised concerns that prosecutors would avoid pursuing alleged wrongdoing by Zlochevsky out of fear that the former minister had high-level connections in the United States — the critical backer of the Ukrainian government at the time.

“Is there an appearance issue?” a former adviser said. “Of course there’s an appearance issue. But did it actually create wrongdoing? No.”

At the time, the White House said that Hunter Biden was a private citizen and that the vice president didn’t endorse any company in Ukraine. While vice president, Joe Biden did not comment publicly on his son’s role at Burisma.

What specific duties Hunter Biden carried out for Burisma are not fully known. A lawyer for Hunter Biden, George R. Mesires, declined to say how much his client earned, or whether the vice president’s son knew the company’s owner was in the crosshairs of authorities when he joined.

[...]“Adding these people with these fancy names to the board made Burisma, [which] got licenses to extract gas in Ukraine through very suspicious means, look like a Western, legitimate company,” said Daria Kaleniuk, executive director of the Anti-Corruption Action Center. [B]She described such “whitewashing” as a common tactic for tycoons and officials who are looking to legitimize assets of questionable origin.

[...]One of his investment company partners, Devon Archer, had just joined the board of Burisma. Soon, Hunter Biden received his own invitation.

But another partner in their investment firm raised serious concerns.

Chris Heinz, Kerry’s stepson, told Archer that joining Burisma was a bad idea, according to a spokesman for Heinz. Heinz was concerned about reports of corruption in Ukraine, geopolitical risks and general questions about appearance.

“Mr. Heinz strongly warned Mr. Archer that working with Burisma was unacceptable. Mr. Archer stated that he and Hunter Biden intended to pursue the opportunity as individuals, not as part of the firm,” Heinz spokesman Chris Bastardi told The Post.

The decision fractured the firm.

“The lack of judgment in this matter was a major catalyst for Mr. Heinz ending his business relationships with Mr. Archer and Mr. Biden,” Bastardi said, adding that Heinz and his investment firm were never involved with Burisma.

Apter, who remains the board chairman, did not respond to requests for comment. Burisma has said its licenses were obtained lawfully.[...]

[...]When he joined, Burisma officials said Biden would oversee its legal affairs. But he did not end up in that role. He said in a statement to The Post that he joined the board “to help reform Burisma’s practices of transparency, corporate governance and responsibility” but did not provide examples of his work.

Hunter’s decision entangled him in a country that Transparency International had ranked among the world’s most corrupt, a place where business executives have co-opted prosecutors and manipulated the courts to enhance their financial interests.[...]
                            Some points from this article. It's absolutely, undeniably true what I've been saying, that even if there is nothing explicitly illegal, or identifiably corrupt in the actions and earnings of Joe Biden and/or Hunter Biden, the appearance of corruption, cashing in your family name for a paycheck, it absolutely stinks of corruption. It would absolutely hurt Biden bigtime if he became the Democratic nominee.

On the issue of money earned, his lawyer refuses to say the total sum of money made. On the issue of Hunter Biden's relevant experience, we have no idea what his role was, so we just need to trust, without knowing what he did or how much he earned. Hard to trust a company in Ukraine with a reputation of blatant corruption, wouldn't you say?

I honestly believe Hillary Clinton, in terms of how she disposed of her servers, destroying them with hammers and bleach bit, etc. I believe that she was following the procedures she thought necessary to preserve the secrecy of the record. Did she have financial deals with folks expecting favors for those deals later on? That's an open debate. But the mechanism that Hillary used (hammers, bleach), sounded SO BAD on right wing media that they kept pushing it down viewers throats for months, and they genuinely suppressed turnout by making these asinine conspiracy theories seem to hold water. I say all of this to clarify, I don't personally believe Joe Biden or Hunter Biden have broken the law. I believe it's entirely within legal parameters to cash in on your family, to use AID funding as a cudgel to dictate your wishes... I believe these things go on all of the time. But I also believe that just because Hunter Biden's role was legal doesn't make it justified. It especially doesn't make it safe from right-wing attacks. That's been my main point, and I've not been swayed on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                              I was actually referring to Adam Schiff and his faux quoting of the transcript as opened the hearing. When even liberals pushed back on his paraphrasing Trump’s words, he claimed his opening remarks were a ‘parody’, lol. He’s a loser.
                              I agree with this. Schiff's "paraphrasing" was incredibly unclear, and came off poorly, as if he were quoting. I think it could have been handled well, but he clearly fumbled the delivery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                                I agree with this. Schiff's "paraphrasing" was incredibly unclear, and came off poorly, as if he were quoting. I think it could have been handled well, but he clearly fumbled the delivery.
                                I think the correct word is "parody"...and doing it on the house floor is simply pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                                X