This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
    Revo, you're all about polling. Tell me, have you heard what bipartisan support for impeaching Trump was at within the last month? I heard 35% supported impeachment. I don't think this is the slam dunk case that people think it is. Much like Russiagate, the scorn and contempt, and the exact type of claims being made here, "treason", "traitor", etc., those will only enrage and embolden and harden his base. They love feeling like Democrats are just corrupt partisans of a different colour, and this is the worst case to try for impeachment as far as giving Trump ammunition for re-election.
    "Voters are now evenly split on whether Congress should begin impeachment proceedings against President Donald Trump, a marked increase in support for impeachment, according to a new POLITICO/Morning Consult poll.

The poll, which began after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced her support for impeachment proceedings on Tuesday, shows 43 percent of voters think Congress should begin the process of impeachment, while an equal number of poll respondents say Congress shouldn’t begin impeachment proceedings. Another 13 percent of voters are undecided."

Comment

• Here is the NPR/PBS/Marist poll trend on impeachment.
      April: 39% support, 53% oppose
      Today: 49% support, 46% oppose
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
        https://today.yougov.com/opi/surveys...94022/politics

results: 44% strongly support, 11% somewhat support, 6% somewhat oppose, 20% strongly oppose, 19% don't know.

55-26 is... a lot.
        Yeah, I'm sure the Republicans in the Senate will take that into account.

I hope it goes well, and I hope Pelosi allows other crimes into the public record, such as the many emoluments clause violations. Pelosi is so far telling Dems to stick to Ukraine only, so as to keep the corruption loopholes open for her team.

If the party decides to defend Joe Biden's actions, they'll get buried. Warren already did so today (oh, she's soooo anti-corruption... give me a fucking break), claiming she would allow the type of corrupt bullshit that seats Biden on a Ukrainian energy board, paid $166K per month when he has zero training or experience in such a role... ignoring the Biden angle here is insane.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          Yeah, I'm sure the Republicans in the Senate will take that into account.
          oh, I must have misunderstood your comment about 35% support for impeachment. You meant 35% of the Senate? I assumed that was the populace.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
            oh, I must have misunderstood your comment about 35% support for impeachment. You meant 35% of the Senate? I assumed that was the populace.
            Sorry to confuse, I referred to both populace and the Senate. I'm just saying it doesnt really matter how many non-Republicans support impeachment.

What are the odds that impeachment gets through the house successfully? Then what are the odds it gets passed by 2/3 majority through the Senate? 0.3% 1.8%? How tiny is the possibility that Trump is removed from office, based on 20 Republican Senators flipping on Trump?

Just be realistic. There's close to zero chance impeachment is successful. Bush wasn't impeached for lying the country to war, so you need a pretty damn high bar, and as bad as the phone call was, it won't be enough.

So essentially, start getting comfortable with the idea that this can only help Trump, especially as the Democrats deny any corruption from the Biden's while trying to remove Trump from office for doing the same type of thing. Threatening to withhold Aid funding if they don't fire the prosecutor looking into your son's firm? I couldn't think of better ammunition for Trump, or a better vote depressor for the general election. Ted Lieu, 1 other Democrat, and Warren have all come out supporting Biden, saying he did nothing wrong, saying they would allow that specific type of corruption in their own administrations. It's insane that people are celebrating this. It's like nobody remembers the last 2 years of Russiagate. "The walls are closing in." "Witnessing the beginning of the end", bringing all the impeachment scholars back on CNN... it's all the same shit. We've seen this merry-go-round, it just makes me want to puke.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• yeah teen, thats just not the case with Biden. https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisette.../#1752a3543938
              It may be helpful to know timelines, plus Biden was carrying out will of world leaders to deliver a message regarding withholding aid, and it was all above board and not in the shadows of secrecy as this call with trump. It was not a Biden decision.

as far as chance of success, Pelosi held off on impeachment proceedings as long as she could. this particular instance, the small country that is right now under siege from russia having their already bipartisan aid package that was approved being withheld. that lump of money means defense, withholding funds at that critical time means defenseless from our mutual enemy. very clearly trump asked some 8 times on a 30 minute call for ukraine president to do something about biden, a case that has already been investigated and found to be zero possible wrongdoing from biden. yes, ukraine already investigated this.

r this trump call, then there was a scramble to hide evidence of call into the highly classified secrets server by those 10 or 12 aids who had heard call as such an open us presidential shakedown of forcing a foreign govt to create dirt to help win an election in exchange for already approved funds, that were held up until trump got what he wanted. yeah, this is something pelosi had no choice in going ahead with impeachment proceedings.

as far as getting a vote of impeachment thru senate, i dont see it happening. but house still needs to do thier job.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                yeah teen, thats just not the case with Biden. https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisette.../#1752a3543938
                It may be helpful to know timelines, plus Biden was carrying out will of world leaders to deliver a message regarding withholding aid, and it was all above board and not in the shadows of secrecy as this call with trump. It was not a Biden decision.

as far as chance of success, Pelosi held off on impeachment proceedings as long as she could. this particular instance, the small country that is right now under siege from russia having their already bipartisan aid package that was approved being withheld. that lump of money means defense, withholding funds at that critical time means defenseless from our mutual enemy. very clearly trump asked some 8 times on a 30 minute call for ukraine president to do something about biden, a case that has already been investigated and found to be zero possible wrongdoing from biden. yes, ukraine already investigated this.

r this trump call, then there was a scramble to hide evidence of call into the highly classified secrets server by those 10 or 12 aids who had heard call as such an open us presidential shakedown of forcing a foreign govt to create dirt to help win an election in exchange for already approved funds, that were held up until trump got what he wanted. yeah, this is something pelosi had no choice in going ahead with impeachment proceedings.

as far as getting a vote of impeachment thru senate, i dont see it happening. but house still needs to do thier job.
                You don't see corruption in plain sight. Biden had ZERO training, zero expertise, zero understanding of the Ukranian energy sector, and was paid a total of $3 Million for that lack of expertise.

This is from Politifact. I think they're a pretty reputable site.

Even if Hunter Biden’s position with Burisma had no impact on his father’s policies, were his ties still problematic?

We found wide agreement among Ukraine policy experts that Hunter Biden’s decision to become a director for Burisma presented a serious conflict of interest.

"It’s not a crime, but it is a lapse. It’s troubling," said Lincoln A. Mitchell, an adjunct research scholar at Columbia University’s Arnold A. Saltzman Institute of War and Peace Studies who has written about governance in the former Soviet Union.

Pifer, who expressed reservations about the arrangement to the New York Times in 2015, said subsequent developments have only confirmed those concerns.

"It was a mistake for Hunter Biden to join the Burisma board, particularly given that the vice president was the senior U.S. official engaging Ukraine," Pifer said. "Hunter Biden should have been more mindful of his father's position."

And Yoshiko Herrera, a University of Wisconsin professor who previously headed the university’s Center for Russia, East Europe and Central Asia, said Hunter Biden’s hiring echoes the strategy common within Russia and other parts of the former Soviet Union, in which powerful interests try to secure influence on foreign policy by leveraging family members and associates of key leaders.

"Calling Hunter Biden a private citizen ignores the obvious links to the vice president," Herrera said. "Conflict-of-interest rules should have applied. If Biden is working for the Obama administration on Ukraine, his son should not have been on the board of a company there that could be affected by U.S. policy spearheaded by his father."
                Fact Checking Joe Biden, Hunter Biden, and Ukraine

Comment

• I think it's worth noting that the President of the United States does not know the difference between a hyphen and an apostrophe.

Comment

• politifact is reputable.
                    i dont see the 3 mill payment for biden son. i see mention of a 50k a month job, and when it appeared there would be conflict of interest appearances son refused a 2nd term. in any case it was the son taking advantage of fathers name recognition to land a 50k a month job he was not resume solid with, and without joe biden having even known about son taking position until some time had passed. this isnt a biden corruption issue. it is a son taking advantage of father name to make a better living that wasnt fully earned, though at least son had a law degree. he was more qualified that many trump appointees to thir positions.

still to compare trump call with biden issue is just different levels. i would say son complicated issues with what could be perceived to be shady self dealing, though no laws broken. son did no favors for father though. no corruption on part of joe biden. yes corruption by trump.

Comment

• the biden son thing, hunter biden was not a complete clown appointment imo. a yale law grad from 20+ years ago who has a solid workplace history rising through ranks inc of chairman of boards of various entities incl world food bank + served US dept commerce, just not a guy who was a couch potato who was handed a bag of loot fake position. i would think that a 600k salary for such a person is very average, regardless of name.

Comment

• For some levity this morning, the President proved he doesn't know the difference between a hyphen and an apostrophe. The University of Pennsylvania must be so proud...

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                          For some levity this morning, the President proved he doesn't know the difference between a hyphen and an apostrophe. The University of Pennsylvania must be so proud...
                          Hey! See post 7572, I already mentioned that! Also lost in the shuffle is that he spelled describing wrong.

I saw someone tweet out that Trump is emerging victorious in the never ending war against the iPhone spellchecker.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                            Hey! See post 7572, I already mentioned that! Also lost in the shuffle is that he spelled describing wrong.

I saw someone tweet out that Trump is emerging victorious in the never ending war against the iPhone spellchecker.
                            Lol you can't make me smarter iPhone, damn liberal elites and their spellchecker.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                              politifact is reputable.
                              i dont see the 3 mill payment for biden son. i see mention of a 50k a month job, and when it appeared there would be conflict of interest appearances son refused a 2nd term. in any case it was the son taking advantage of fathers name recognition to land a 50k a month job he was not resume solid with, and without joe biden having even known about son taking position until some time had passed. this isnt a biden corruption issue. it is a son taking advantage of father name to make a better living that wasnt fully earned, though at least son had a law degree. he was more qualified that many trump appointees to thir positions.

still to compare trump call with biden issue is just different levels. i would say son complicated issues with what could be perceived to be shady self dealing, though no laws broken. son did no favors for father though. no corruption on part of joe biden. yes corruption by trump.
                              it is actually $113 thousand a month for knowing nothing about a country and having zero skills in the industry

Comment

• art, not saying you are wrong, but online sources i see are "up to $50,000 a month" for Hunter Biden. Would you mind providing link to your 113k figure. Again, not that you arent right, just would like to see where you are getting it from. Also how do you come to he has zero skills in industry? What do you know of Hunter resume, other than he was a yale law school grad, a vet, had served as chairman on a numner of boards including worldbank, and had worked in commerce dept.

and what do you think someone with hunters resume, his average salary would be with zero name recognition, though we know names get the big jobs in general. in any case, how do you think joe biden should be dinged, and how is this even relevant to the trump scandal at hand?

Comment

Working...
                                X