Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump, in one of his shining moments of his disastrous presidency, trolls 16-year old Greta Thunberg, the global warming activist who gave a speech at the UN yesterday:

The GOP must be so proud. Probably not surprising, they also trolled Parkland survivor David Hogg relentlessly. What a bunch of deplorables!

Comment

• I was in the no impeachment camp through the Mueller report because I didn't think we had a smoking gun and I wanted to win 2020. I'll wait to see the whistleblower report, the transcript, and hopefully hear from the whistleblower, but I think this had to be done. We as a party do play too much defense and this Ukraine event occurred all during his presidency and was a direct attack on the 2020 campaign. Turnout is going to be high from everyone this time and anyone who is offended by Democrats protecting the election from foreign influence was never voting for a Democrat anyway. We still don't know how this plays out, but I am supporting impeachment this time. Whether he is found guilty by the senate or not I want people on the record defending him doing this and I want the actual swing voters to see what Trump is.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Trump, in one of his shining moments of his disastrous presidency, trolls 16-year old Greta Thunberg, the global warming activist who gave a speech at the UN yesterday:

The GOP must be so proud. Probably not surprising, they also trolled Parkland survivor David Hogg relentlessly. What a bunch of deplorables!

And the 16-year-old girl dunks on the President.

Attached Files
        Last edited by frae; 09-24-2019, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• The Ukraine call transcript is quite damning. Trump spent the whole call focused on what he could get for himself from Ukraine, both in trying to discredit the Mueller report and in repeatedly asking the Ukrainian president to do a favor for him and work with Rudy Guiliani and Bill Barr to investigate Biden. The only foreign-policy-related aspects of the call were to talk badly about our allies in Germany and France, to insult the former Ukranian ambassador, and to discuss making arrangements for a future meeting in person.

The transcript itself is impeachment worthy. If Trump thought that would exonerate him, I wonder what the whistleblower complaint that his administration is unlawfully withholding will show. Maybe it's just more of the same, as Trump's advisors reportedly did not want him to release the transcript.

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            The Ukraine call transcript is quite damning. Trump spent the whole call focused on what he could get for himself from Ukraine, both in trying to discredit the Mueller report and in repeatedly asking the Ukrainian president to do a favor for him and work with Rudy Guiliani and Bill Barr to investigate Biden. The only foreign-policy-related aspects of the call were to talk badly about our allies in Germany and France, to insult the former Ukranian ambassador, and to discuss making arrangements for a future meeting in person.

The transcript itself is impeachment worthy. If Trump thought that would exonerate him, I wonder what the whistleblower complaint that his administration is unlawfully withholding will show. Maybe it's just more of the same, as Trump's advisors reportedly did not want him to release the transcript.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ranscript.html
            I can't see how Trump isn't impeached at this point. And while I agree with B-Fly that the Senate won't actually vote him out, my sincere hope is the American people see this for what it is and there are consequences to those who choose to continue to protect this national embarrassment of a president.

I am also surprised Trump agreed to release this. It was a risky calculation that I fear will pay off for him, but it really shouldn't. But I feel that way about most of what he says and does. He knows, like the mob boss he is, not to explicitly make his request an explicit quid pro quo, but if we as a society are willing to condemn men for abuse of power over women, how is this not the same thing? Trump by his very position puts tremendous weight and pressure behind what he is asking--that the Ukraine find dirt on his political rival. Once again he is aligning himself with foreign entities in an effort to win.
            Last edited by Sour Masher; 09-25-2019, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              I can't see how Trump isn't impeached at this point. And while I agree with B-Fly that the Senate won't actually vote him out, my sincere hope is the American people see this for what it is and there are consequences to those who choose to continue to protect this national embarrassment of a president.

I am also surprised Trump agreed to release this. It was a risky calculation that I fear will pay off for him, but it really shouldn't. But I feel that way about most of what he says and does. He knows, like the mob boss he is, not to explicitly make his request an explicit quid pro quo, but if we as a society are willing to condemn men for abuse of power over women, how is this not the same thing? Trump by his very position puts tremendous weight and pressure behind what he is asking--that the Ukraine find dirt on his political rival. Once again he is aligning himself with foreign entities in an effort to win.
              I can see how nothing comes of this just like nothing came other than the wasted tens of billions of dollars on the m.report.

I'll still put $500 on Trump to win in 2020. and if he gets impeached pre-2020, I would lose. ANYONE want the dem side???

Comment

• I absolutely hate treating this like some sort of game. Trump may very well get away this, but that's not something anyone should be happy about.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                  I can see how nothing comes of this just like nothing came other than the wasted tens of billions of dollars on the m.report.

I'll still put $500 on Trump to win in 2020. and if he gets impeached pre-2020, I would lose. ANYONE want the dem side???
                  Tens of billions?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Art Vandelay;349299]I can see how nothing comes of this just like nothing came other than the wasted tens of billions of dollars on the m.report.

Not that it matters in grand scheme, but you have an odd take on numbers. The investigation that resulted in m report actually turned a profit due to Manafort seizures.

Comment

• How has TraitorTrump not become a nickname?
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        How has TraitorTrump not become a nickname?
                        I don't think he's a traitor, as in, he's not actively trying to help any of our enemies or actively trying to subvert the interests of the United States. He just puts self way, way, ahead of country. And he admires and tries to make friendships with dictators and authoritarian leaders because he thinks it make him look strong.

Comment

I don't think he's a traitor, as in, he's not actively trying to help any of our enemies or actively trying to subvert the interests of the United States. He just puts self way, way, ahead of country. And he admires and tries to make friendships with dictators and authoritarian leaders because he thinks it make him look strong.
                          You need more "ways" in your sentence. The man obviously thinks nothing but himself. However, I don't think he makes friends with dictators because he thinks it makes him look strong. I think he wants the same power they have only over the US. I hate to say this, but I think he may be the most despicable person in recent US history.
                          “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Putting one's own interests ahead of the country's, while POTUS, is treasonous IMO.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              Putting one's own interests ahead of the country's, while POTUS, is treasonous IMO.
                              It's against his oath of office, it's a betrayal of the public trust, it harms the country. I'm not minimizing the damage he has done. But treason, at least in a constitutional sense, is defined as waging war against the United States, or giving aid to our enemies.

Comment

It's against his oath of office, it's a betrayal of the public trust, it harms the country. I'm not minimizing the damage he has done. But treason, at least in a constitutional sense, is defined as waging war against the United States, or giving aid to our enemies.
                                Yea I see that argument. But many have labeled his actions "treasonous", most recently Bill Weld.

Republican presidential candidate and fmr. Gov. of Massachusetts Bill Weld says about President Trump's Ukraine call on Morning Joe: "Talk about pressuring a foreign country to interfere with and control a U.S. election. It couldn't be clearer. That's not just undermining Democratic institutions. That is treason. It's treason pure and simple."
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X