Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step one Withdraw from a deal that is working, step two promise new deal that will be better, step 3 have no real plan, step 4 watch Iran restart its Nuclear program...

Anyway, Iran has now violated the previous deal that was working...

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
      I think this analogy is a little strong.

I think there are a lot of people who voted for Trump, and they didn't see that he was a naked emperor. Now, after some time, they realize he's not what they had hoped for and want a viable choice who isn't super-left. They're choosing not to say anything negative about Trump to friends and family. Think of them more as a silent assassin.
      You're right, I may have been a bit strong in my use of that analogy, but I guess It perplexes me why people aren't quick to admit a mistake and then seek to remedy it asap.

I get that there were many people who voted Trump because they hated HRC and were willing to give trump a shot warts and all. I don't get why they need to be silent about their change of heart--Are they afraid? If so why? If so, doesn't that speak to an even greater problem in that Trump supporters can generate so much fear it quelches even those on the right from speaking their minds if contrary/critical to Trump?

Like Frea, I hope you're right and there will be a common sense reaction to Trumps reelection bid by those on the right. I don't trust there will be, but I can hope.

In the meantime it's nice to hear the conservative voices in hear expressing their discontent with Trump and looking for ways to extricate him from office.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Wanted to wait until it got picked up today by sources I was familiar with but this is sad...

Comment

• Outside his usual butchering of the English language, he also is now saying that in the last two to three years US cities have just discovered homelessness and "filth" problems.

I'll take word salad for $1000

CARLSON: You’ve come to where we are now Osaka or Tokyo and the cities are clean. There's no graffiti. No one going to bathroom on the street. You don't see junkies.

TRUMP: It's very nice, isn't it?

CARLSON: Very different from our city.

TRUMP: Yes. Well, no, some of our cities --

CARLSON: Some of our cities, but New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles - they've got a major problem with --

TRUMP: It's very sad.

CARLSON: With filth. Why is that?

TRUMP: It's a phenomena that started two years ago. It's disgraceful. I'm going to may be and I'm looking at it very seriously, we're doing some other things that you probably noticed like some of the very important things that we're doing now. But we're looking at it very seriously because you can't do that.

You can't have what's happening -- where police officers are getting sick just by walking the beat. I mean, they're getting actually very sick, where people are getting sick, where the people living there living in hell, too.

Although some of them have mental problems where they don't even know they're living that way. In fact, perhaps they like living that way. They can't do that. We cannot ruin our cities. And you have people that work in those cities. They work in office buildings and to get into the building, they have to walk through a scene that nobody would have believed possible three years ago.

And this is the liberal establishment. This is what I'm fighting. They -- I don't know if they're afraid of votes. I don't know if they really believe that this should be taking place. But it's a terrible thing that's taking place. And we may be --

You know, I had a situation when I first became President, we had certain areas of Washington, D.C. where that was starting to happen, and I ended it very quickly. I said, "You can't do that."

When we have leaders of the world coming in to see the President of the United States and they're riding down a highway, they can't be looking at that. I really believe that it hurts our country.

They can't be looking at scenes like you see in Los Angeles and San Francisco. San Francisco, I own property in San Francisco, so I don't care except it was so beautiful. And now areas that you used to think as being, you know, really something very special, you take a look at what's going on with San Francisco, it's terrible.

So we're looking at it very seriously. We may intercede. We may do something to get that whole thing cleaned up. It's inappropriate.

Now, we have to take the people and do something. We have to do something.

CARLSON: Right.

TRUMP: And, you know, we're really not very equipped as a government to be doing that kind of work. That's not really the kind of work that the government probably should be doing.

We've never had this in our lives before in our country. And it's not only those few cities, it's a couple of other ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
            Outside his usual butchering of the English language, he also is now saying that in the last two to three years US cities have just discovered homelessness and "filth" problems.

I'll take word salad for $1000

CARLSON: You’ve come to where we are now Osaka or Tokyo and the cities are clean. There's no graffiti. No one going to bathroom on the street. You don't see junkies.

TRUMP: It's very nice, isn't it?

CARLSON: Very different from our city.

TRUMP: Yes. Well, no, some of our cities --

CARLSON: Some of our cities, but New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles - they've got a major problem with --

TRUMP: It's very sad.

CARLSON: With filth. Why is that?

TRUMP: It's a phenomena that started two years ago. It's disgraceful. I'm going to may be and I'm looking at it very seriously, we're doing some other things that you probably noticed like some of the very important things that we're doing now. But we're looking at it very seriously because you can't do that.

You can't have what's happening -- where police officers are getting sick just by walking the beat. I mean, they're getting actually very sick, where people are getting sick, where the people living there living in hell, too.

Although some of them have mental problems where they don't even know they're living that way. In fact, perhaps they like living that way. They can't do that. We cannot ruin our cities. And you have people that work in those cities. They work in office buildings and to get into the building, they have to walk through a scene that nobody would have believed possible three years ago.

And this is the liberal establishment. This is what I'm fighting. They -- I don't know if they're afraid of votes. I don't know if they really believe that this should be taking place. But it's a terrible thing that's taking place. And we may be --

You know, I had a situation when I first became President, we had certain areas of Washington, D.C. where that was starting to happen, and I ended it very quickly. I said, "You can't do that."

When we have leaders of the world coming in to see the President of the United States and they're riding down a highway, they can't be looking at that. I really believe that it hurts our country.

They can't be looking at scenes like you see in Los Angeles and San Francisco. San Francisco, I own property in San Francisco, so I don't care except it was so beautiful. And now areas that you used to think as being, you know, really something very special, you take a look at what's going on with San Francisco, it's terrible.

So we're looking at it very seriously. We may intercede. We may do something to get that whole thing cleaned up. It's inappropriate.

Now, we have to take the people and do something. We have to do something.

CARLSON: Right.

TRUMP: And, you know, we're really not very equipped as a government to be doing that kind of work. That's not really the kind of work that the government probably should be doing.

We've never had this in our lives before in our country. And it's not only those few cities, it's a couple of other ones.
            smh

"Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
            - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
            - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
              smh

The worst part of that exchange is the zero pushback from his cheerleader, Tucker Carlson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                1jay will tell you--it is all an act Frae! Surely, no one who made it to his position could be that utterly ignorant of global and national politics and history! The man is a genius, distracting us with the slight of hand of his absolute buffoonery
                Funny you should mention sleight of hand. Did you know WC Fields was a world class juggler? Physical comedy requires great precision.

What Trump does is similarly difficult. He has to talk past his opponents and still talk to his people. Genius may be a bit much but he is very good at it.

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                I'm going to hypothesis, and I'm sure I'll get creamed for this, that there are a lot of people who voted for Trump that are looking for a chance to jump ship and are holding their tongues. They don't want to be outed as a defector for the tribe, and they need to safe some face.
                Exactly backwards. Take chancellor as an example. He was a reluctant supporter who is now fully behind the President. I was a never-Hillary.

The weird thing is that it's all about integrity. Trump never forgot all his campaign promises--reform taxes, reduce regulation, reform the judiciary, drain the swamp, respect allies and hold the line against enemies.
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  The worst part of that exchange is the zero pushback from his cheerleader, Tucker Carlson.
                  While I think TC may be the most punchable face on TV, I respectfully disagree. The worst part of that exchange is that it isn't an example of our POTUS having a seizure but a common every day reminder of what an utter idiot we as a nation elected to the highest office in the land.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                    ... What Trump does is similarly difficult. He has to talk past his opponents ...
                    why??? why couldn't he speak directly to them, as though he were the leader of all the people?
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      While I think TC may be the most punchable face on TV, I respectfully disagree. The worst part of that exchange is that it isn't an example of our POTUS having a seizure but a common every day reminder of what an utter idiot we as a nation elected to the highest office in the land.
                      And how %30 of the country think it's great.
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                        why??? why couldn't he speak directly to them, as though he were the leader of all the people?
                        The lengths to which Trumpies, Never-Hillaries, Trump Converts or whatever they like to call themselves will use their imagination to come up with asinine defenses is astounding.

Instead of seeing someone who clearly doesn't know what he's talking about and babbling on about how great buses are for schoolkids, or how Western Liberalism means San Francisco, or that the homeless problem only started 2 years ago, or how much water a hurricane created in terms of water, or how people are finding out more and more each day about Frederick Douglass, they create some elaborate defense to make their hero look competent. I'll say it again -- we're in a real life Emperor's New Clothes scenario.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          The lengths to which Trumpies, Never-Hillaries, Trump Converts or whatever they like to call themselves will use their imagination to come up with asinine defenses is astounding.

Instead of seeing someone who clearly doesn't know what he's talking about and babbling on about how great buses are for schoolkids, or how Western Liberalism means San Francisco, or that the homeless problem only started 2 years ago, or how much water a hurricane created in terms of water, or how people are finding out more and more each day about Frederick Douglass, they create some elaborate defense to make their hero look competent. I'll say it again -- we're in a real life Emperor's New Clothes scenario.
                          Exactly, so there really is absolutely nothing to be gained from engaging with them.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Happy Show of Military Force Day, wait a minute that doesn’t sound right.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                              Happy Show of Military Force Day, wait a minute that doesn’t sound right.
                              I saw a meme today thanking Obama for killing Osama Bin Laden before Trump could make friends with him.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Any thoughts on the Conundrum in Chiefs 4th of July speech?

And can anyone forward me a link to the revolutionary war aircraft and the airports they flew out of?

Thanks.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X