This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
    Honestly have no idea what this is about. I only brought her up because of her latest twitter profile picture which look a lot like his.

As the father of a kid with ASD, I don't find any humor in teasing someone about being autistic. It's a daily challenge as a parent.
    She never teased anyone, nor did she make a joke of it.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      LOL. Only after she was threatened with legal action by Melania Trump's lawyers.
      If he has Autism, how could she be sued for the tweet?

Even if he doesn't, how could she be sued?
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        If he has Autism, how could she be sued for the tweet?

Even if he doesn't, how could she be sued?
        The truth is an absolute defense against slander, but if Barron does not have autism, I'd assume the claim would be the assertation of autism was known to be false, directly harms Barron, and was malicious. The malicious part would likely be easy to prove; the Trumps and Rosie have a rather colorful history, no? The known to be false would be the tough part.

Your mileage may vary, but my belief is Rosie issued the apology since there may well be some level of documentation that may have risked exposing she knew it was false. Or, she just didn't want to risk a court case against the first family. Or, just didn't want to risk discovery and the subsequent leaks. But the possibility it came from the goodness of her heart...I'm probably more likely to win the Powerball tonight.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

The truth is an absolute defense against slander, but if Barron does not have autism, I'd assume the claim would be the assertation of autism was known to be false, directly harms Barron, and was malicious. The malicious part would likely be easy to prove; the Trumps and Rosie have a rather colorful history, no? The known to be false would be the tough part.

Your mileage may vary, but my belief is Rosie issued the apology since there may well be some level of documentation that may have risked exposing she knew it was false. Or, she just didn't want to risk a court case against the first family. Or, just didn't want to risk discovery and the subsequent leaks. But the possibility it came from the goodness of her heart...I'm probably more likely to win the Powerball tonight.
          Save your money because you're wrong.

O'Donnell might have an issue with Trump, but has never proven to be inclined to attack or denigrate anyone in Trumps family.

Proving malice would be close to impossible and I'd wager (you need another break?) she apologized to avoid dragging the issue (advancing awareness for Autism)into the mud which is contrary to what her intent was when she tweeted.

I swear to god, some of you guys just won;t get over partisan bullshit, even some of the left leaning posters in here.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I didn't offer to make a bet. And my distaste for Rosie O'Donnell has nothing to do with her politics. It has to do with her depth of stupid. She's a 9/11 truther, making claims that the 9/11 attacks were designed to protect Enron.

As I noted, your mileage may vary. And unsurprisingly it does.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Looks like the 1st casualty of the Trump administration may be Sean Spicer. Reports are out that there have been interviews for Spicers position, making him one of the shortest serving Press Secretaries ever.
              Almost as short as that guy in Designated Survivor.
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I didn't offer to make a bet. And my distaste for Rosie O'Donnell has nothing to do with her politics. It has to do with her depth of stupid. She's a 9/11 truther, making claims that the 9/11 attacks were designed to protect Enron.

As I noted, your mileage may vary. And unsurprisingly it does.
                Because someone believes in something you find completely and utterly absurd, does not mean they're stupid. I don;t consider you unintelligent, yet some of the things you say are flat out crazy talk. But again, I don't think you're an idiot, just someone with a different take than I have. I can even think you're wrong and still respect that you believe as you do.

FWIW, I threw in the bet suggestion as a joke (sorry I forgot the emoji)

Of course we Vary, I know I was anti Clinton but I haven't changed that much............have I?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan
                  Sumptin Sumptin Sumptin
                  English only Birdy, this IS America you know!
                  Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; 02-11-2017, 10:49 PM.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

English only Birdy, this IS America you know!
                    Yeah, my bad. I realized it, and deleted it while you were responding, but now it is there for all to see.
                    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                      Yeah, my bad. I realized it, and deleted it while you were responding, but now it is there for all to see.
                      It's GONE!! And BTW, I agree........

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Save your money because you're wrong.

O'Donnell might have an issue with Trump, but has never proven to be inclined to attack or denigrate anyone in Trumps family.

Proving malice would be close to impossible and I'd wager (you need another break?) she apologized to avoid dragging the issue (advancing awareness for Autism)into the mud which is contrary to what her intent was when she tweeted.

I swear to god, some of you guys just won;t get over partisan bullshit, even some of the left leaning posters in here.
                        While I am not attempting to single out GITH, I kept reading comments like the one bolded above and wonder if the poster is intentionally being passively aggressive and thus partisan, or if its subconsciously done and a bit Freudian. When you say "even the guys on "my team" sometimes do bad things, the implication can be received as the other team does it all the time. Yesterday I saw a post that the poster stated he didn't post often, and then expressed pretty strong liberal positions. He closed by saying he enjoyed the thread because of intelligent posters like... and then he named posters who are all generally pretty liberal, ones with whom he is often in agreement, perhaps. He didn't mention a single poster who is moderate or conservative. I'd like think there are some, several in fact, moderate or conservative postor here that are also intelligent and thoughtful. I would suggest there are more liberals in this board and there is equal ratio in both groups that can and do try to post in as nonpartisans, as possible. But, while we try We all are who we are and try as we might our biases bleed through, such as the bold comment above.
                        Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 02-11-2017, 11:15 PM.
                        I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                          While I am not attempting to single out GITH, I kept reading comments like the one bolded above and wonder if the poster is intentionally being passively aggressive and thus partisan, or if its subconsciously done and a bit Freudian. When you say "even the guys on "my team" sometimes do bad things, the implication can be received as the other team does it all the time. Yesterday I saw a post that the poster stated he didn't post often, and then expressed pretty strong liberal positions. He closed by saying he enjoyed the thread because of intelligent posters like... and then he named posters who are all generally pretty liberal, ones with whom he is often in agreement, perhaps. He didn't mention a single poster who is moderate or conservative. I'd like think there are some, several in fact, moderate or conservative postor here that are also intelligent and thoughtful. I would suggest there are more liberals in this board and there is equal ratio in both groups that can and do try to post in as nonpartisans, as possible. But, while we try We all are who we are and try as we might our biases bleed through, such as the bold comment above.
                          I'm good with the shout out.

You weren't here during the election when I had skirmishes with several of my fellow "Lefties", My post wasn't to indict ALL non liberals and only SOME guys who lean left, it was to assure my post wasn't taken as a partisan shot. There are guys on both side who seem to be dealing with politics in a big picture kind of way and others who still refuse to see anything but Yours or Mine.

I think the tone in here has been far better in regards to giving people the consideration and credit due to them and their opinions, however some vitriol remains. I have appreciated the manner in which you make your case even though I'm not in agreement with some of it, but you're thoughtful and polite and you really help me understand things I might not otherwise be able to grasp. Several of the guys on the right and I have found common ground as of late and I believe the vast majority of posters in here are finding their way to a more civil and productive discourse. Now we will always have an occasional blow out as we're all pretty intelligent, intensely competitive men who strive to find the best way to do things and think about things (As exemplified in our roto leagues) Throw in guys like myself who seldom back down and there are, on occasion, fireworks. But it has been better and I've really developed a new respect for some of the guys in here and worked hard to make sure they see that.

But to be precise I did say SOME of you guys won;t get over partisan BS before saying even SOME of the guys on the Left so I believe my complaint was bi partisan. Which was its intent.

Thanks again for coming back!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I'm good with the shout out.

You weren't here during the election when I had skirmishes with several of my fellow "Lefties", My post wasn't to indict ALL non liberals and only SOME guys who lean left, it was to assure my post wasn't taken as a partisan shot. There are guys on both side who seem to be dealing with politics in a big picture kind of way and others who still refuse to see anything but Yours or Mine.

I think the tone in here has been far better in regards to giving people the consideration and credit due to them and their opinions, however some vitriol remains. I have appreciated the manner in which you make your case even though I'm not in agreement with some of it, but you're thoughtful and polite and you really help me understand things I might not otherwise be able to grasp. Several of the guys on the right and I have found common ground as of late and I believe the vast majority of posters in here are finding their way to a more civil and productive discourse. Now we will always have an occasional blow out as we're all pretty intelligent, intensely competitive men who strive to find the best way to do things and think about things (As exemplified in our roto leagues) Throw in guys like myself who seldom back down and there are, on occasion, fireworks. But it has been better and I've really developed a new respect for some of the guys in here and worked hard to make sure they see that.

But to be precise I did say SOME of you guys won;t get over partisan BS before saying even SOME of the guys on the Left so I believe my complaint was bi partisan. Which was its intent.

Thanks again for coming back!
                            Great reply. As you may recall, I lashed out at you a while back, in the heat of the election. And I recognized my pettiness and I am glad that you accepted my heartfelt apology. That said, that outburst on my part was one of the reasons I stopped posting for a while. But, I agree with you that I too have noticed there is more civility on the board since I've been back. I've heard from a couple people that they've quit posting because it would turn into flame throwing and venom-filled bareknuckle brawls. I wish some of those people would come back, and even though I disagree with many of their points of view, if its civil, I learn. And, as I learn I find that my hard opinions begin to soften and I am open to change. Not to turn this into a lovefest, but you as well have become more thoughtful, considerate and tolerant and even better at articulating your positions. I'm glad to be back. And, I'm learning.
                            I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• So, we're like 700 posts into this thread and we're pointing out all of the selfish, self-serving, ignorant, intentionally or unintentionally stupid or misleading, false facts, bad appointments, over reaching EOs that have been put forth. At what point so we list some of the things he's doing right (or at least the things you should be doing), such as reassuring China that we will honor the "One China" policy, reassuring both Japanese and South Korean leaders that the US is 100% behind them as North Korea once again fires a missile and shows aggression. Not trying to support, just trying to throw a bone when he does something that we can all agree upon.
                              Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 02-12-2017, 12:14 AM.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                                So, we're like 700 posts into this thread and we're pointing out all of the selfish, self-serving, ignorant, intentionally or unintentionally stupid or misleading, false facts, bad appointments, over reaching EOs that have been put forth. At what point so we list some of the things he's doing right (or at least the things you should be doing), such as reassuring China that we will honor the "One China" policy, reassuring both Japanese and South Korean leaders that the US is 100% behind them as North Korea once again fires a missile and shows aggression. Not trying to support, just trying to throw a bone when he does something that we can all agree upon.
                                And yet, the funny thing is that his base is likely to see his backstepping on the "One China" policy as a weakness, rather than a potential learning situation. Which is sad, considering that he's come into the Presidency horribly understaffed, mostly due to to his own hubris, but understaffed nonetheless. If he learns to listen to the lifelong professionals in the diplomacy area, and if he learns to accept that he doesn't know everything, I have some hope that things will eventually even out. He is, as you say, My President, no matter how people try to pretend that he's not. I'd much rather that he succeed, than hope that he fails. Because if he succeeds, we as a nation will also succeed, and if he fails...well, there are many outcomes, most of them bad.
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X