This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Pretty amusing that #RepublicansforImpeachment is trending on Twitter, with two key pieces of media:

- a 2014 tweet from Dopey himself saying "Are you allowed to impeach a president for gross incompetence?"
    - a 1999 video from Lindsay Graham saying about the potential impeachment of Bill Clinton -- "“He doesn’t have to say ‘go lie for me,’ for it to be a crime. You don’t have to say ‘let’s obstruct justice’ for it to be a crime. You judge people on their conduct, not magic phrases”
    By thosse standards, Trump is safe. He has been far from incompetent, much less grossly so and there was never a legal investigation to obstruct.

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    He's a piece of shit and so are you if you support him

End Thread.
    Compelling logic. Works even better on Hillary.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Not good news for the impeachment crowd:
      Two-thirds of American voters say that Congress should not move to impeach President Trump following the release of special counsel Robert Mueller’s report, while 29 percent believe that it s…

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
        Not good news for the impeachment crowd:
        https://nypost.com/2019/05/02/two-th...mpeached-poll/
        That poll shows that 95% of Republicans favor no impeachment. Not sure what that means.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Not good news for the impeachment crowd:
          https://nypost.com/2019/05/02/two-th...mpeached-poll/
          I loathe Trump, but impeachment would be a huge tactical error right now for 2020. Thus, I fully expect the Dems to go ahead and do it, potentially costing them a very winnable election. I'm nothing if not optimistic.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
            I loathe Trump, but impeachment would be a huge tactical error right now for 2020. Thus, I fully expect the Dems to go ahead and do it, potentially costing them a very winnable election. I'm nothing if not optimistic.
            What impact would a proxy Trump impeachment of Barr have? Serious question as that seems to be the new tactic. There are calls for him to resign by congresscritters on the Left be held in contempt or be impeached. I’m pretty certain it would equally bad for the Dems.
            I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• I should probably google it before responding, but didn’t the Republicans hold Holder in contempt for something (IRS scandal?) on a purely party line vote? Seems to me, it had no bearing on anything and I would guess that’s where a contempt citation of Barr would end up. Red meat for the base, a mild embarrassment for the other team, nothing of consequence.

Comment

I should probably google it before responding, but didn’t the Republicans hold Holder in contempt for something (IRS scandal?) on a purely party line vote? Seems to me, it had no bearing on anything and I would guess that’s where a contempt citation of Barr would end up. Red meat for the base, a mild embarrassment for the other team, nothing of consequence.
                Turns out it was Fast and Furious, not the IRS scandal he was held in contempt for. The mind is slipping........

Comment

Turns out it was Fast and Furious, not the IRS scandal he was held in contempt for. The mind is slipping........
                  Those movies are contemptible!
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

But the House Dems aren’t talking about lack of cooperation. They’re saying Barr outright lied to Congress about the Mueller letter. Nancy Sinatra Pelosi just held a press conference and said he “lied!”
                    I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                      But the House Dems aren’t talking about lack of cooperation. They’re saying Barr outright lied to Congress about the Mueller letter. Nancy Sinatra Pelosi just held a press conference and said he “lied!”
                      Is that a nickname? I like it!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Is that a nickname? I like it!
                        She was wearing boots. It felt right.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                          She was wearing boots. It felt right.
                          she is after all, the chairman of the board
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            That poll shows that 95% of Republicans favor no impeachment. Not sure what that means.
                            It means they see Mueller as a never-Trump political hack

Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                            Desperation. Barr is not never-Trump. He might even prosecute Democrats.

While all that was going on, Trump had his 100th Judge approved by the Senate.
                            President Trump hit another milestone in his efforts to reshape the federal judiciary, with the Senate clearing his 100th judicial nominee Thursday.The president and Republican-controlled Senate have made judicial nominations a top priority, and the confirmation of Rodolfo Ruiz to the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida brought the number of Trump's

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Wow, what's going on with Trump fans' favorite pollster, Rasmussen?

He's gone from a +1 on April 9 to a -11 on May 16.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                                Wow, what's going on with Trump fans' favorite pollster, Rasmussen?

He's gone from a +1 on April 9 to a -11 on May 16.
                                Maybe they finally stopped soliciting at Trump rallies?

Comment

Working...
                                X