This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
    I think this is probably right, although I imagine there will be some rallies from time to time provided he can get someone to pay for putting them on.
    Or he can stiff someone that puts them on.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
      Or he can stiff someone that puts them on.
      That's a thought.
      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• LOL, whaat? Anyplace else? It continues to amaze me how this clown has such a hold over his base like they're in some kind of trance, and they eat up any bullshit he spews:

"America's top intelligence official on Tuesday publicly broke with President Donald Trump on several critical foreign policy fronts, saying North Korea is not likely to give up its nuclear weapons, Iran is not yet seeking a nuclear weapon and the Islamic State terrorist group remains a forceful presence in Iraq and Syria.

The remarks by Dan Coats, the U.S. director of national intelligence, underscored how out of step Trump's pronouncements on major national security issues often are with the rest of the government he leads, including intelligence agencies that he has long scorned.

The divergence on Tuesday was perhaps most notable in the case of North Korea, which Trump has said no longer poses a nuclear threat to the United States.

"We currently assess that North Korea will seek to retain its [weapons of mass destruction] capabilities and is unlikely to completely give up its nuclear weapons and production capabilities because its leaders ultimately view nuclear weapons as critical to regime survival," Coats said during a hearing before the Senate Intelligence Committee. "

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
          I'm not so sure. While some will argue it's unfair and reflective of political correctness and identity politics and "snowflakery", I think it's a lot harder to command speaking engagements - particularly in commerce and academia - if one is perceived as racist, xenophobic, homophobic, sexist, etc, and Trump has provided plenty of fodder in those areas.
          Most of the country does not believe that Trump is racist, xenophobic, homophobic, sexist, etc. They think it's 1st Amendment protected slander. I doubt many of the people saying it actually believe it.

I understand why Ed and others don't get the loyalty of Trump's base. One of the reasons is that they are largely slandered with similar labeling. The Democratic party has a habit of willfully slandering anyone with a different opinion. Part of Trump's appeal is as a lightning ground. Trump said, "Hate me. Hate MAGA." The Democrats complied.

J
          Last edited by onejayhawk; 01-29-2019, 07:02 PM.
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            Most of the country does not believe that Trump is racist, xenophobic, homophobic, sexist, etc. They think it's 1st Amendment protected slander. I doubt many of the people saying it actually believe it.

J
            Only the severely self-deluded really believe that Trump is not those things. Not even the most generous poll numbers support the notion that "most people" don't believe these things about Trump. You'd have more of a leg to stand on if you claimed "most" people don't care (or care as much as they do other things) than don't recognize these traits, at least to some degree, in Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Only the severely self-deluded really believe that Trump is not those things. Not even the most generous poll numbers support the notion that "most people" don't believe these things about Trump. You'd have more of a leg to stand on if you claimed "most" people don't care (or care as much as they do other things) than don't recognize these traits, at least to some degree, in Trump.
              I was going to say cue OneJ but apparently he started it.

Are these real people that you speak with? I am being serious.

Do you interact with Trump base supporters who are not these things (racist, xenophobic, homophobic, sexist, etc)?

Comment

• I am comfortable in my view that Trump has shown, in ways great and small, virtually every day in policy as well as language, he is a racist. To continually give him the benefit of the doubt is to slow drag your support of him with corresponding disdain with what he is. As for Trump supports, my view is they are if not openly racist, they are supportive of someone who is, and certainly every white supremacist group is positively giddy to have Trump in office.

Comment

• more reports now that the Mueller investigation is "winding down" - beyond just the sweaty Whitaker saying so yesterday.

so does that mean the smoking guns are all lined up and, well - pop goes the weasel?
                  or that after 2 years we find out that Trump's merry band of grifters are... a merry band of grifters?
                  oh, they also lie when they open their mouths.

if Roger Stone and Michael Cohen wind up being the featured heads on a spike after all this, I want a refund.

to put it another way - what's the tipping point for what this investigation finds, to where it changes the status quo?
                  Last edited by Judge Jude; 01-29-2019, 11:15 PM.
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    more reports now that the Mueller investigation is "winding down" - beyond just the sweaty Whitaker saying so yesterday.

so does that mean the smoking guns are all lined up and, well - pop goes the weasel?
                    or that after 2 years we find out that Trump's merry band of grifters are... a merry band of grifters?
                    oh, they also lie when they open their mouths.

if Roger Stone and Michael Cohen wind up being the featured heads on a spike after all this, I want a refund.

to put it another way - what's the tipping point for what this investigation finds, to where it changes the status quo?
                    I think the reality is that it will change virtually nobody's mind. Trump was absolutely correct that he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue and not lose any of his base. So, in reality, I don't think Mueller will be changing anyone's mind other than some lukewarm supporter for Trump, though I'm not sure he really has much lukewarm support. It seems to be either true love or hate.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                      I think the reality is that it will change virtually nobody's mind. Trump was absolutely correct that he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue and not lose any of his base. So, in reality, I don't think Mueller will be changing anyone's mind other than some lukewarm supporter for Trump, though I'm not sure he really has much lukewarm support. It seems to be either true love or hate.
                      Sadly, this is correct.

Comment

• well, if Trump wasn't directly involved with some sort of madcap collusion with Russia, some pundits are going to have egg on their faces.

I have "bombshell" fatigue.
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Dopey literally just tweeted out that the Intelligence officials who dared to contradict him yesterday "should go back to school."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Dopey literally just tweeted out that the Intelligence officials who dared to contradict him yesterday "should go back to school."
                            And used the wrong "there, their, they're" while doing so.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                              And used the wrong "there, their, they're" while doing so.
                              LOL. You cannot make this stuff up.

Comment

• "well, if Trump wasn't directly involved with some sort of madcap collusion with Russia, some pundits are going to have egg on their faces."

The info has been revealed daily in news, the indictment though, will elude, at least until Trump leaves office. You have Trump, who at every chance has unscheduled private meetings with Putin, even as recently as a few weeks ago, where he has no US rep, not even a translator present, or if a US translator is present he seized the notes and orders silence on the meeting. Going back years, Trump has made it his sop to not send emails, texts, letters, but preferred dealing face to face while clearing out room, or on phone, not WH phone where there would be record, but his private cell.

There is 1 more indictment, and its Don Jr. But Trump has conducted himself as an effective crook leaving no signed doc or even an email trail.

Just in what we see Trump directly involved, the public witness intimidation and tampering, the public obstruction in words he has used in interviews on why he has fired people around investigation and been critical of others, without any Mueller report, we already see the most corrupt admin in history, including Nixon. This is not comparable to Clinton, though one of the lines of his transgressions was involving cover up over women and the lying involved there, but that is where the Clinton similarity ends.

The Trump habit of simply contradicting the info of our intelligence and justice officials, the clear violations of emoluments clause in him daily profiting from high profiles foreign officials making a display of staying at Trump properties to gain favor, or of China rushing trademarks thru for Trump brands, you could literally go on for entire book about how in every way, we have had a criminal enterprise take hold of WH. The Trump practice of aligning his interests with Putin, against our allies as well as our own officials positions, such as him again and again questioning existence of NATO, or trying to drop russian sanctions, especially sanctions focused on russian billionaires. The one dropped few days ago has its own story, the Mnuchin conflict where he is profiting from the sanction lifting is par. Or you could say, just wait for report, as if you have not been a witness to day after day for a couple years of more revelations.

Comment

Working...
                                X