X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
    lets do it!
    Name your terms!
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
      Speaking of the IRS, when will I get to see the president's taxes?
      As soon as he pays some............
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

The 12th of never? When Hell freezes over?
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          The 12th of never? When Hell freezes over?
          The audit is still going on. Stop being so skeptical, guys.

Comment

I just want my refund. I filed a month ago, just got a 4883c letter on Monday to verify my identity because of a significant increase in ID fraud for tax refunds. After I spent nearly 2 hours on the phone with the IRS agent answering everything correctly, she told me to "look for my refund in about nine weeks." My government at work!
            I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
              I just want my refund. I filed a month ago, just got a 4883c letter on Monday to verify my identity because of a significant increase in ID fraud for tax refunds. After I spent nearly 2 hours on the phone with the IRS agent answering everything correctly, she told me to "look for my refund in about nine weeks." My government at work!
              Hey, they just had a change in management. It will take a little while to get all the kinks worked out. Be patient.
              If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                Hey, they just had a change in management. It will take a little while to get all the kinks worked out. Be patient.
                Yeah, give em a chance!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• My SSN was used to file a return last year before I filed. Now I have to use a PIN when I file to prove it is me.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    Yeah, give em a chance!
                    You both made me spit ice tea out with these responses. That's not right. I was trying to be absurd and you doubled down. But it is a lot of money, so...
                    I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFurious View Post
                      My SSN was used to file a return last year before I filed. Now I have to use a PIN when I file to prove it is me.
                      Sorry you have to go through that. I wasn't making light of ID theft. In my business it's real and very harmful, so I get it.

I only got just a dose of what you must've gone through and I can't imagine what a pain in the butt you have to deal with.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Sorry you have to go through that. I wasn't making light of ID theft. In my business it's real and very harmful, so I get it.

I only got just a dose of what you must've gone through and I can't imagine what a pain in the butt you have to deal with.
                        I didn't think you were doing that. I was just mentioning it since I went through it last year. My accountant buddy told me that a very large number of false returns were filed last year using stolen SSN. I assume they are trying to reduce the actual number of refunds they actually issue this year. I hope it doesn't take the full 9 weeks for you to get it.

Here is an article on the tax fraud schemes - including IRS employees using their position to steal taxpayer info to file fraudulent claims. The last line in this article is troubling.

Comment

You both made me spit ice tea out with these responses. That's not right. I was trying to be absurd and you doubled down. But it is a lot of money, so...
                          So you're next year's sponsor of Rotojunkie?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Then my work here is done.
                            If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

So you're next year's sponsor of Rotojunkie?
                              Unfortunately, I have falsely lead you all to believe that it is A LOT of money! Its a lot of money, but not A LOT of money! Someone took a voluntary pay cut and forgot to adjust his W-4 withholdings, so the IRS has been providing this dope with a really low (no) interest savings account for the last 12 months. Its sort of like the old Christmas Club Accounts from back in the day, Redbird, you remember, right? You contributed each month to save for your big annual Christmas present blow out.

As for sponsoring RJ, ask MJ because I'm a sponsor, already (Ironically, though not due to some new found wealth, I just sent some money last week for either last year's or this year's hat pass!)
                              Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 02-10-2017, 06:09 PM.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Name your terms!
                                Gorsuch will be confirmed without changing senate rules to a simple majority vote on supreme court nominees.

Avatar bet, not sure how long, 30 days? I cant even think of what I'd give you for an avatar so if there's something better we can bet, let me know.
                                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X