X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    It's 100% not gone.
    It would be better to say it is not 100% gone. A great deal of the plan is still in effect and the exchanges are still taking it in the eye. The changes to Medicare and many other regulations are still in force.

However, it is now legal to avoid the exchanges which is a major change.

Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Yea I think I'm done engaging with any Trump defenders/supporters at this point. They're all fucking complicit.
    Unintended compliment. Nice.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      It would be better to say it is not 100% gone. A great deal of the plan is still in effect and the exchanges are still taking it in the eye. The changes to Medicare and many other regulations are still in force.

However, it is now legal to avoid the exchanges which is a major change.

Unintended compliment. Nice.

J
      Teargassing desperate families who are LEGALLY seeking asylum...

You think this looks good on you? Defend it then! No more distractions with your trolling.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• This picture from the cover of The Guardian really hit home.

migrant teargas.jpg
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          This picture from the cover of The Guardian really hit home.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1118[/ATTACH]
          I have seen the same lady in the same shirt with her two children in virtually every pro "migrant" photo since they reached the border. In the photo you link, where are all the other women and children?

Comment

Teargassing desperate families who are LEGALLY seeking asylum...

You think this looks good on you? Defend it then! No more distractions with your trolling.
            Hmmm. Define “Legally”. Is that when an estimated 500 migrants attempted to rush the border to force thier way into the US and not by seeking asylum legally or was it when they began throwing rocks at US Border Agents, which lead to US Border Agents using tear gas to stop the surge of people trying to crash the gates?

Pictures tell a thousand stories. Sometimes they are used to convey a message that isn’t truth.

From the ultra-conservative megaphone CNN:

Trump was reacting to reports that a group of migrants overwhelmed both Mexican federal and local police blockades and rushed towards the border at one of the busiest crossings between Tijuana in Mexico and San Diego. US authorities said several Border Patrol agents were hit by rocks, prompting the use of tear gas. Border crossings were closed in both directions for several hours, and it did not appear that any migrants breached the frontier.
            Trump seizes on border unrest ahead of perilous month.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/26/polit...ber/index.html

Or

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/26/us/sa...sts/index.html
            Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 11-26-2018, 09:22 AM.
            I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
              Hmmm. Define “Legally”. Is that when an estimated 500 migrants attempted to rush the border to force thier way into the US and not by seeking asylum legally or was it when they began throwing rocks at US Border Agents, which lead to US Border Agents using tear gas to stop the surge of people trying to crash the gates?

Pictures tell a thousand stories. Sometimes they are used to convey a message that isn’t truth.

Or

Weren’t they offered asylum in Mexico and rejected it?

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                Weren’t they offered asylum in Mexico and rejected it?
                It appears the answer is "no".

[The incoming Mexican administration of Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador said there is no deal with the United States that would allow asylum seekers to wait in Mexico while their cases are decided after reports indicated such an agreement had been reached.

Saturday, The Washington Post reported that a deal between the Trump and Obrador administrations would begin a "Remain in Mexico" policy to replace the system – sometimes derisively called "catch and release" – of permitting immigrants to remain in the USA while their cases move through the courts, a process that can take years.

"For now, we have agreed to this policy of Remain in Mexico," Mexico’s incoming interior minister, Olga Sanchez Cordero, said, according to the Post. She described the policy as a short-term solution, while the "medium- and long-term solution is that people don’t migrate."

Later, Sanchez said, "There is no agreement of any sort between the incoming Mexican government and the U.S. government." Sanchez, who will serve as Obrador's top domestic policy official when she takes office Dec. 1, did not explain the reason for the conflicting statements.
                https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...al/2107726002/

Comment

Not was I was referring to. I believe Mexico offered a ‘you are home’ initiative to the migrants as a means to fix this problem. I found a Time magazine tweet saying it and an article on Twitchy (no idea what that site is) but I can’t find it anywhere else.

Comment

Or

Do you also applaud the Israeli army for assassinating over 50 Palestinian protesters? Hey, they were throwing rocks too!

Anybody that buys the constant bullshit in every bloody skirmish that throwing rocks is used as justification for the bloodshed... I think you're incredibly naive. But only slightly more so than a complicit media that continues to print it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...f4b_story.html

Comment

Do you also applaud the Israeli army for assassinating over 50 Palestinian protesters? Hey, they were throwing rocks too!

Anybody that buys the constant bullshit in every bloody skirmish that throwing rocks is used as justification for the bloodshed... I think you're incredibly naive. But only slightly more so than a complicit media that continues to print it.

That’s not a fair comparison. First of all, in addition to the rock throwing, those folks were also scaling the border wall in an attempt to enter the country. Secondly, it’s a long, long way from spraying tear gas to disperse a crowd to shooting people with the intent to kill. A long, long way.

Comment

Not was I was referring to. I believe Mexico offered a ‘you are home’ initiative to the migrants as a means to fix this problem. I found a Time magazine tweet saying it and an article on Twitchy (no idea what that site is) but I can’t find it anywhere else.
                        Doesn't that sound like they're referencing the conflicting statements put out by Mexico's incoming interior minister?

Update us if you find a reliable link. I'm not dismissing the possibility. It's what you do when diplomacy and negotiation fails that's important.

Comment

You’re the fucking greased pig of online message boards. You can’t be kept to a singlar topic. When you realize you are wrong all the fucking sudden let’s change this to some bullshit comparison to another totally different thing. Israel! Shooting tear gas is a little different than firing bullets or is the difference too subtle for you. Ah never mind, conflate away.
                          I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

That’s not a fair comparison. First of all, in addition to the rock throwing, those folks were also scaling the border wall in an attempt to enter the country. Secondly, it’s a long, long way from spraying tear gas to disperse a crowd to shooting people with the intent to kill. A long, long way.
                            Human rights violations are truly a slippery slope.

How about the Palestinian that was killed by a sniper rifle over 1 kilometer away from the wall? Was that guy a threat to climb the wall and commit terrorism? If you're killing the ones coming over the wall or throwing rocks, why not send a message by killing one literally over half a mile away?

Comment

You’re the fucking greased pig of online message boards. You can’t be kept to a singlar topic. When you realize you are wrong all the fucking sudden let’s change this to some bullshit comparison to another totally different thing. Israel! Shooting tear gas is a little different than firing bullets or is the difference too subtle for you. Ah never mind, conflate away.
                              So... I guess you think the Israelis should have used teargas instead of mass murder? I'm not accusing you of anything, settle down.

"Greased pig of online message boards"... wow, I'm sure glad folks like Gregg are around to police the scummy verbiage around here these days.

Comment

Human rights violations are truly a slippery slope.

How about the Palestinian that was killed by a sniper rifle over 1 kilometer away from the wall? Was that guy a threat to climb the wall and commit terrorism? If you're killing the ones coming over the wall or throwing rocks, why not send a message by killing one literally over half a mile away?
                                I’m not sure what we are talking about anymore. If you are asking do I think Israelis should shoot Palestinian rock throwers, I don’t.
                                That’s not what the US Border agents did though.

Comment

Working...
                                X