This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    You know, people who feel the need to cry for a boycott of, say a beer, because the company makes a commercial they don't like.
    people who boycott a company because one of its leaders won't condemn the president strongly enough are special kinds of snowflakes.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Commonly used today for the social justice weenie types
      finally I know what SJW means!
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Commonly used today for the social justice weenie types who feel the need for "safe spaces" and other such nonsense when opposing points of view come within 100 yards of their hearing range.
        To be exact, people who give a shit about things other than themselves and money are SJW, snowflake is in reference to anyone, left or right who melts at the slightest bit of heat and though first used by the right is now of bipartisan annoyance.
        Last edited by Hodor; 02-09-2017, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
          I read some thoughts that McConnell was setting up Warren to be the face of the dems in 2018 so they have someone to run against since there's no Obama/Clinton to run against this time. I find that hard to believe, or that it would work, but if true, McConnell is playing three dimensional chess while everyone else is player checkers.
          I just don't see McConnell being sharp enough to think of that kind of manuver, plus, I'm not sure Warren is who the GOP wants to face in 2020. Unlike Clinton, the left side of the party actually likes her and is enthusiastic for her candidacy. She will be formidable.
          McConnell has had the great good fortune to win his last two elections against laughable opponents. The Ky Democratic Party keeps shooting itself in the foot.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
            I just don't see McConnell being sharp enough to think of that kind of manuver, plus, I'm not sure Warren is who the GOP wants to face in 2020. Unlike Clinton, the left side of the party actually likes her and is enthusiastic for her candidacy. She will be formidable.
            McConnell has had the great good fortune to win his last two elections against laughable opponents. The Ky Democratic Party keeps shooting itself in the foot.
            She is their nightmare.
            She'd win the popular vote by twice the votes Hillary did and crush the electoral.. It remains to be seen if she runs, though McConnell jut gave her a great campaign slogan.

Nevertheless, she persisted.

Comment

• Snowflake is a term that specifically was created about leftist, Social Justice Warriors. Especially those that exist on the college campuses.
              It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
              Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                She is their nightmare.
                She'd win the popular vote by twice the votes Hillary did and crush the electoral.. It remains to be seen if she runs, though McConnell jut gave her a great campaign slogan.

Nevertheless, she persisted.
                I'm not sure about that. It is certainly possible, but after 2016, I won't venture to guess what the electorate would do with a hard left candidate. Sure, she'd appeal to the Bernie voters, but despite the DNC doing Bernie wrong, the fact is, an awful lot of folks came out to vote for HRC, despite all of her flaws. I don't think it is fair to say that most of those voters were coerced or manipulated by the DNC. That says to me that there are a lot of Dem centrists that would shy away from someone like Warren, and even more general election voters who might be afraid to pull the lever for her. She would be a heck of a lot better job of fighting back against Trump, though, that is for sure.

Whoever gets the nomination, I hope it is someone squeaky clean, as appealing as possible to as many voters as possible, and someone who knows how to speak to rust belt voters. 2020 is a so important. Giving Trump a second term would be a nightmare.
                Last edited by Sour Masher; 02-09-2017, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  I'm not sure about that. It is certainly possible, but after 2016, I won't venture to guess what the electorate would do with a hard left candidate. Sure, she'd appeal to the Bernie voters, but despite the DNC doing Bernie wrong, the fact is, an awful lot of folks came out to vote for HRC, despite all of her flaws. I don't think it is fair to say that most of those voters were coerced or manipulated by the DNC. That says to me that there are a lot of Dem centrists that would shy away from someone like Warren, and even more general election voters who might be afraid to pull the lever for her. She would be a heck of a lot better job of fighting back against Trump, though, that is for sure.

Whoever gets the nomination, I hope it is someone squeaky clean, as appealing as possible to as many voters as possible, and someone who knows how to speak to rust belt voters. 2020 is a so important. Giving Trump a second term would be a nightmare.
                  Several things.

First, trump won't make it through his first term if he doesn't get his shit together soon.

Second, should the mainstream Dems continue to underestimate the impact of the Sanders Sect of the party, they'll end up like the GOP when it thought the Tea Partiers were nothing to be concerned about.

Finally, HRC lost for one reason and one reason only. Hubris. Her flaws would have been overlooked by the Sanders supporters who either didn't vote for her or stayed home. It wasn't the FBI, Emails, Russia--it was her expectation that the SHOULD unite behind her regardless of how she conducted herself. Sanders voters made the difference so if you think they won't be a factor in future elections, you're kidding yourself.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                      Like he said--We need to meet in the middle and FWIW, not all liberals are apologetic :P
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Snowflake, so cute a snippet to auto utter. Snowflake is the easy button term whenever any kind of discussion with ... I dont want to say conservative, because that implies someone who is reasonable but has a certain set of views, lets say alt right or nationalist leaning person. Snowflake is meant as a pejorative, but as always, you weigh the comment based on the earned respect of the person uttering it. Someone who says it all the time rather than putting effort of thoughtful discussion, well simply regard that with all due respect.

I kind of love the tag line for Warren. "Nevertheless, she persisted." Her being censured for reading a passage from King directly critical of a nominee seems to be what a hearing is for, to weigh relevant info. That Warren was red carded, but 3 males read statement without being stopped is obvious selective enforcement, and appears the floor telling a woman to sit down and shut up.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                          I agree with you, those people boycotting Yeungling because the owner is a Trump supporter are silly.
                          Man, I must have missed that Yeungling Super Bowl commercial that obliquely implies that maybe immigration is a good thing. Can you post the link? Thanks!
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                            Snowflake, so cute a snippet to auto utter. Snowflake is the easy button term whenever any kind of discussion with ... I dont want to say conservative, because that implies someone who is reasonable but has a certain set of views, lets say alt right or nationalist leaning person. Snowflake is meant as a pejorative, but as always, you weigh the comment based on the earned respect of the person uttering it. Someone who says it all the time rather than putting effort of thoughtful discussion, well simply regard that with all due respect.
                            Still, it sounds nicer than "tea bagger."
                            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Snowflake sounds sweet, like child with mittens playing outside, tea bagger sounds deviant.

Trump thread, but the brains, Steve Bannon, must go hand in hand with this, he is a heavy influence and information filter for the guy in the big chair. My fav Bannon quote "I’m a Leninist ... Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment."

Nothing can be better for breaking the system than this combo, record mass protests arent the final product, but a harbinger of whats coming. It is not the abstract howls for change that make the history books, a coup requires force that cannot be denied by simply selling your base alternative facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                                Still, it sounds nicer than "tea bagger."
                                I had forgotten about that. How can liberals complain about snowflake when they were shouting tea bagger for years?

Comment

Working...
                                X