This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frae View Post
    Ok not debating the issue again, but specifically the video she tweeted the problem is the official Pres Sec. account retweeted a video from someone who works for a site that we have to agree is not credible when it comes to information. I've read a few tweet threads by video editors and a few articles I think in the end both sides are right about the video. He took the video from a Gif and edited it by zooming in. Since he works for Info Wars it is easy to get caught up in he intentionally cut frames, but by using a non HD quality video format in Gif and then by zooming into to show what he wanted
    do you realize the video you posted was also zoomed in, most likely to hide the fact that Acosta pushed the intern?
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
      do you realize the video you posted was also zoomed in, most likely to hide the fact that Acosta pushed the intern?
      I posted a video someone filmed off the TV. And I've had over a day to look at videos and articles and made what I think is a reasonable post and you are going back to a post I posted. I am not the Press Sec with hundreds of thousands of followers.

Comment

I posted a video someone filmed off the TV. And I've had over a day to look at videos and articles and made what I think is a reasonable post and you are going back to a post I posted. I am not the Press Sec with hundreds of thousands of followers.
        I'm pointing out that its no different than what you posted. Both of them zoom in to focus your attention on something.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I'm pointing out that its no different than what you posted. Both of them zoom in to focus your attention on something.
          OK I tried to get us to talk about it, but you want to compare me posting a link to a video to the press sec of the US posting a video that I tried to explain where the problems were.

Comment

OK I tried to get us to talk about it, but you want to compare me posting a link to a video to the press sec of the US posting a video that I tried to explain where the problems were.
            the video you are complaining about wasnt doctored, as was debunked already, but it was zoomed to focus attention on the push. Is zoom ok?

Comment

the video you are complaining about wasnt doctored, as was debunked already, but it was zoomed to focus attention on the push. Is zoom ok?
              It was taken from a gif, then zoomed in, then looped. This where we lose frames and in something that happened in an instant the loss of a few frames matters and I'm not saying he intentionally edited them out I am saying going from HD video to gif can lose you frames and zooming and looping make it look different.

And if you are the press secretary you should only tweet out the original unaltered video. You and I can do whatever we want.

Comment

It was taken from a gif, then zoomed in, then looped. This where we lose frames and in something that happened in an instant the loss of a few frames matters and I'm not saying he intentionally edited them out I am saying going from HD video to gif can lose you frames and zooming and looping make it look different.

And if you are the press secretary you should only tweet out the original unaltered video. You and I can do whatever we want.
                I can look at the original video (which is the only source I looked at when I went on my rant), and the gif, and I can see the exact same thing happening. Everyone can see that.

Comment

I can look at the original video (which is the only source I looked at when I went on my rant), and the gif, and I can see the exact same thing happening. Everyone can see that.
                  I am not even arguing what we see, when you do a zoom in and slow down of something that was a gif you are losing frames from the original and can cause his hands moves from a to b faster. The press secretary tweeted out a video that was changed from its original format by a guy that works at info wars. That is the problem.

Comment

• Are we really wasting our time arguing over what is apparently 3 to 5 frames? This is worse than NFL instant replay.

Something happened and 2 people have different interpretations of what they both say. Imagine that - weird???
                    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

I am not even arguing what we see, when you do a zoom in and slow down of something that was a gif you are losing frames from the original and can cause his hands moves from a to b faster. The press secretary tweeted out a video that was changed from its original format by a guy that works at info wars. That is the problem.
                      ok, you can have a problem with it, I dont see the problem. It was not doctored and everyone can see the exact same thing happening in both the original and the gif.

Comment

• You guys can argue about the video all you like, but the reality is Acosta was banned because he was a nuisance to Trump's incredibly fragile ego and they used that as an excuse. But now, excuses are no longer needed. Need more proof? He discussed banning more reporters today, including April Ryan, and I'm pretty sure none of them had any physical contact with WH staffers.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          You guys can argue about the video all you like, but the reality is Acosta was banned because he was a nuisance to Trump's incredibly fragile ego and they used that as an excuse. But now, excuses are no longer needed. Need more proof? He discussed banning more reporters today, including April Ryan, and I'm pretty sure none of them had any physical contact with WH staffers.
                          the reality is Acosta was banned because he's a piece of shit and he and CNN are pants on fire lying about not having touched the intern.

Comment

the reality is Acosta was banned because he's a piece of shit and he and CNN are pants on fire lying about not having touched the intern.
                            What about this instance? Was she a piece of shit too?
                            Bill Shine and Sarah Sanders told Collins she was "dis-invited from the press availability in the Rose Garden today."

Has there been any other instances of reporters being banned/having credentials taken away from the WH press pool, in any other administration?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              What about this instance? Was she a piece of shit too?
                              https://money.cnn.com/2018/07/25/med...ool/index.html
                              not going to bother clicking because Acosta is the only protester, I mean "reporter" I complain about at the WH.

Comment

not going to bother clicking because Acosta is the only protester, I mean "reporter" I complain about at the WH.
                                Oh well. That was another CNN reporter as well.

Are you going to answer why April Ryan should be banned? Dumb Donnie specifically brought her up today as another possibility to be banned.

Comment

Working...
                                X