This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
    I tuned out of social media around election time and am bit, I don't to say embarrassed, but lost maybe, on what the word "Snowflake" means and it's origin as an insulted no or derogatory term.
    Commonly used today for the social justice weenie types who feel the need for "safe spaces" and other such nonsense when opposing points of view come within 100 yards of their hearing range.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Commonly used today for the social justice weenie types who feel the need for "safe spaces" and other such nonsense when opposing points of view come within 100 yards of their hearing range.
      Thanks. I just found it on Urban Dictionary. Who knew a "snowflake" could be a bad thing other than when I'm shoveling millions of them out of my driveway!!!
      I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
        I find it great she finished reading it just outside the door and that Sanders read it in full, in chamber.
        I do, too. Stupid move on the GOPs part.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I tuned out of social media around election time and am bit, I don't to say embarrassed, but lost maybe, on what the word "Snowflake" means and it's origin as an insulted no or derogatory term.
          You know, people who feel the need to cry for a boycott of, say a beer, because the company makes a commercial they don't like.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

It's actually now a default response from virtually anyone on the far right (emphasis on far right) if anyone on the left says anything. I said something to a friend of a friend on a Facebook post - something to the effect of "I don't agree with Trump's something or something (I honestly can't remember what it was)" and I got called a snowflake, right before said person proceeded to block me. No cursing, no aggressive words, basically simply me saying I don't agree with something in the midst of a relatively cordial debate, at least as far as Facebook is concerned.

I have a friend of my mother who basically likes everything Breitbart posts and so I sometimes go against my better judgment and read the comments. Snowflake pretty much appears in every other comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
              It's actually now a default response from virtually anyone on the far right (emphasis on far right) if anyone on the left says anything. I said something to a friend of a friend on a Facebook post - something to the effect of "I don't agree with Trump's something or something (I honestly can't remember what it was)" and I got called a snowflake, right before said person proceeded to block me. No cursing, no aggressive words, basically simply me saying I don't agree with something in the midst of a relatively cordial debate, at least as far as Facebook is concerned.

I have a friend of my mother who basically likes everything Breitbart posts and so I sometimes go against my better judgment and read the comments. Snowflake pretty much appears in every other comment.
              I made some comments on someone's facebook post and got a crazy rant from this far right friend of his. I called her a snowflake and she just about lost her mind. So now every time she posts a response to me, I call her a snowflake. And every time she freaks out "I am not a snowflake!" Yes, I'm so mature.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post

I'm just getting familiar with the term, but I'm pretty sure it's being used by both sides to describe the other. I saw it used in reference to Trump's thin skin. He was referred to as a snowflake because he was/is offended the Nordstrom pulled his daughter's products.
                I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

I'm just getting familiar with the term, but I'm pretty sure it's being used by both sides to describe the other. I saw it used in reference to Trump's thin skin. He was referred to as a snowflake because he was/is offended the Nordstrom pulled his daughter's products.
                  It started out as a far right term - so when the left uses it to describe Trump it is being used with a bit more sting and irony

Sometimes I am called a "libtard" from angry conservatives who think they are being clever

Comment

While I also think this was a tactical error, I liked Lindsey Graham's comment. He said "The bottom line is, it was long overdue with her. I mean she is clearly running for the nomination in 2020."

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                      It started out as a far right term - so when the left uses it to describe Trump it is being used with a bit more sting and irony

Sometimes I am called a "libtard" from angry conservatives who think they are being clever
                      Well, I have never been a fan of the name calling. But, once again, no side has a monoply on this practice. I think both sides have their share of inflammatory terms for the other side and none are very helpful to the discourse and resolving our issues.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

McConnell is an idiot. Should have lost his last election. He played right into her hands and I'm sure she has fired off a nice fundraising letter courtesy of Mitch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          You know, people who feel the need to cry for a boycott of, say a beer, because the company makes a commercial they don't like.
                          I agree with you, those people boycotting Yeungling because the owner is a Trump supporter are silly.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                            I agree with you, those people boycotting Yeungling because the owner is a Trump supporter are silly.
                            I just want to go on record that I am way out ahead of the trend on the boycott Budweiser. As a Milwaukee boy born and bred, I've always boycotted Busch and Bud products!

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                              McConnell is an idiot. Should have lost his last election. He played right into her hands and I'm sure she has fired off a nice fundraising letter courtesy of Mitch.
                              I read some thoughts that McConnell was setting up Warren to be the face of the dems in 2018 so they have someone to run against since there's no Obama/Clinton to run against this time. I find that hard to believe, or that it would work, but if true, McConnell is playing three dimensional chess while everyone else is player checkers.
                              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Well, I have never been a fan of the name calling.
                                ok snowflake.

"The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X