This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frae View Post
    Well I guess he should have followed 45’s advice and just grabbed her by something and it would have been cool. Their arms tangle but she goes in twice to get the mic and he is still talking. Whatever banana republic here we come. Presidents buddy ag. Press that is only friendly to the president. Bow down to our magnificent leader.
    CNN has been trying to become the news mire and more and Acosta has been one of the most prolific at entering himself into the news cycle. This gets coverage on CNN for days. No publicity is bad publicity.
    I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
      CNN has been trying to become the news mire and more and Acosta has been one of the most prolific at entering himself into the news cycle. This gets coverage on CNN for days. No publicity is bad publicity.
      But Acosta now has no WH press pass for the next two years. That's biting off his own nose to spite Trump.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        But Acosta now has no WH press pass for the next two years. That's biting off his own nose to spite Trump.

J
        I would cut him off for two years but I doubt he gets a very long suspension. Trump is way too nice.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
          I would cut him off for two years but I doubt he gets a very long suspension. Trump is way too nice.
          You'd be a lot less respectful of the press? Wow, what a hero you are.

Weren't you the ones crying about the left wing mobs and left wing incivility? Okay, bud. You look silly puffing your chest out like that. Right wingers love authoritarianism. Little cucks.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
            you're looking at a zoomed in video, which I would assume is that way because it makes it less obvious what happened. Whether that was ban worthy on its own, I dont know, but with Acosta's history I agree with it. CNN must have someone else they can send to the WH that doesnt try to make himself the story.
            You look so ridiculous. Here's what Ben Shapiro tweeted about the incident:

"This is not what happened. You could have banned him simply for refusing to abide by any of the normal rules of the press room. No need to state something happened that didn’t."

Now, even Shapiro stating that he could be removed for lack of decorum is total cuckery and surrender to authoritarianism... but he's not making shit up like you or Sanders.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• So much for Trump's supposed regret about his "tone" over the last two years and intention to change.

Comment

Well I guess he should have followed 45’s advice and just grabbed her by something and it would have been cool. Their arms tangle but she goes in twice to get the mic and he is still talking. Whatever banana republic here we come. Presidents buddy ag. Press that is only friendly to the president. Bow down to our magnificent leader.
                I love your election insights, but this is nonsense. MSNBC isn't banned, NBC isn't banned, CBS isn't banned, and ABC isn't banned. Stephanopolous still has a press pass, and not only is he anti-Trump, he's a known Democratic operative posing as a reporter. John Dickerson has a press pass, and he advocated that President Obama destroy the Republican Party and "pulverize Republicans". I could go on with other examples of individual reporters who are clear, clear opponents to Trump that haven't been banned, or even threatened to be banned.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  I love your election insights, but this is nonsense. MSNBC isn't banned, NBC isn't banned, CBS isn't banned, and ABC isn't banned. Stephanopolous still has a press pass, and not only is he anti-Trump, he's a known Democratic operative posing as a reporter. John Dickerson has a press pass, and he advocated that President Obama destroy the Republican Party and "pulverize Republicans". I could go on with other examples of individual reporters who are clear, clear opponents to Trump that haven't been banned, or even threatened to be banned.
                  But he didn't do what they said, the unedited video just doesn't support it. If you want to say hecisn't following decorum while I disagree with that and think that is a weak excuse I would say at least they are owning up to saying they don't like him basically. This is the WH gas lighting this and saying he made physical contact with an aide who went into his space 3 times. I don't think the WH should ban reporters for almost any reason and the one they put foward in this case is a lie. If you want to ban Acosta for being a pain at least own it.

Comment

But he didn't do what they said, the unedited video just doesn't support it. If you want to say hecisn't following decorum while I disagree with that and think that is a weak excuse I would say at least they are owning up to saying they don't like him basically. This is the WH gas lighting this and saying he made physical contact with an aide who went into his space 3 times. I don't think the WH should ban reporters for almost any reason and the one they put foward in this case is a lie. If you want to ban Acosta for being a pain at least own it.
                    Yeah, we're not going to agree vis a vis Acosta. But unless CNN as a whole is banned, the whole first amendment issue is a complete red herring. One could argue that given CNN's ratings that banning them would have little first amendment impact anyway, but that's a different argument.

Comment

• I happened to be watching the exchange live. It was a circus show. For me, it encapsulated everything I dislike about President Trump. He was narcissistic. He was petty to members of his own party that lost. He was unnecessarily combative with reporters. He seemed ill informed in a couple of answers. He was dismissive. He seemed tired.
                      It also encapsulated everything I find appalling about the media. I can not imagine being that rude and combative to the President of the US. The office deserves respect, even if the guy currently holding the position doesn’t. Quite a few of the questions weren’t designed to get an answer or search out some truth. They were designed to antagonize or create a story. Acosta has such a deep seeded hate for Trump that he no longer qualifies as a journalist. He is an activist now. I just can’t imagine Obama or Bush (or any of the other 44) telling a reporter ‘that’s enough’ and not only being ignored, but yelled at. Andrew Jackson would have pulled out his revolver and shot him
                      Real bad look for the President and for the media, IMO. Both sides ought to do a little self reflection, butI know that isn’t happening.

Comment

• In the "Yes, I do think hell is freezing over category":

A tweet from MoveOn.org:
                        IMPORTANT: Trump's firing of Sessions and removal of Rosenstein from oversight of Mueller investigation has triggered Nobody Is Above the Law protests nationwide at 5 p.m. local time Thursday.
                        Think about this for a minute. MoveOn.org is protesting firing Jeff Sessions. Clearly, I woke up this morning in the universe where Spock has a beard.

Comment

But he didn't do what they said, the unedited video just doesn't support it.
                          but he absolutely did push the intern away with his arm when she was simply doing her job and Acosta was doing his usual grandstanding "make this story about me" antics.
                          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            In the "Yes, I do think hell is freezing over category":

A tweet from MoveOn.org:

Think about this for a minute. MoveOn.org is protesting firing Jeff Sessions. Clearly, I woke up this morning in the universe where Spock has a beard.
                            This is the same, tired argument from righties, who also used it when Comey was fired: "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." It's as simple as that.

Comment

• She touched him 3 times first trying to grab it. This isn’t physical assault by either and the press sec release makes it about physical contact. Say what it is or don’t suspend his pass. It’s that simple but lying to create a different reason is unacceptable.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                This is the same, tired argument from righties, who also used it when Comey was fired: "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." It's as simple as that.
                                I'm not tracking with you here. I'd rather have Sessions, but never, ever, ever thought I'd see the day where MoveOn.org supported Jeff Sessions. Or are you saying that lefties are using the same argument about Sessions, that he's the enemy of their enemy?

Comment

Working...
                                X