This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
    Acosta is a piece of shit. He's not reporting, he's a a liberal protester with a press pass. I know CNN is just a wing of the democrat party but the crap he pulled today was incredibly embarrassing for himself and his network.
    And Fox is a wing of the Republican party. Who cares today? We don't revoke press passes for grandstanding. We don't revoke press passes for being a pain in the ass. The first ammendment is sort of a big deal.

Comment

• The rest of the WH Press corp better keep up the pressure. Trump is a fucking piece of shit, we all know it, and he's going down, HARD. He looked like he was going to flip the podium today.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
        And Fox is a wing of the Republican party. Who cares today? We don't revoke press passes for grandstanding. We don't revoke press passes for being a pain in the ass. The first ammendment is sort of a big deal.
        Yes Fox is a mirror image of CNN and if they had a reporter acting like that then he/she should be suspended also. If CNN cant find one decent person to send to the white house, then they shouldnt have access there.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Yes Fox is a mirror image of CNN and if they had a reporter acting like that then he/she should be suspended also. If CNN cant find one decent person to send to the white house, then they shouldnt have access there.
          Defend Sanders reason based on that video. Just that nothing else. She said he put his hands on her and he didn't.

Here's the quote again...

"President Trump believes in a free press and expects and welcomes tough questions of him and his administration," Sanders said in the statement. "We will, however, never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern."

And if you don't think fox was a pain in the ass for Pres Obama for 8 years you are forgetting history quickly. Also the Obama Admin had regular Press Conf and Obama took Q+A from the press just a bit more often.

Comment

Defend Sanders reason based on that video. Just that nothing else. She said he put his hands on her and he didn't.

Here's the quote again...

"President Trump believes in a free press and expects and welcomes tough questions of him and his administration," Sanders said in the statement. "We will, however, never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern."

And if you don't think fox was a pain in the ass for Pres Obama for 8 years you are forgetting history quickly. Also the Obama Admin had regular Press Conf and Obama took Q+A from the press just a bit more often.
            I watched the whole thing, I thought Acosta was being a complete asshole before he put his arm on the intern to push her away.

Trump has waaaaay more patience than I have. I would have banned Acosta a long time ago.
            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I watched the whole thing, I thought Acosta was being a complete asshole before he put his arm on the intern to push her away.

Trump has waaaaay more patience than I have. I would have banned Acosta a long time ago.
              She reached in twice and the second time their arms tangled and he said pardon me. This is a dangerous path but I’m glad you would be ok with a Democrat just banning press members they don’t like for being a pain in the ass because that’s what this is.

Comment

She reached in twice and the second time their arms tangled and he said pardon me. This is a dangerous path but I’m glad you would be ok with a Democrat just banning press members they don’t like for being a pain in the ass because that’s what this is.
                no I would be ok with a democrat banning press members for being assholes like Acosta.

I cant tell if the intern lightly brushed against his arm but I can see him forcefully pushing her arm down.

Comment

no I would be ok with a democrat banning press members for being assholes like Acosta.

I cant tell if the intern lightly brushed against his arm but I can see him forcefully pushing her arm down.
                  Well I guess he should have followed 45’s advice and just grabbed her by something and it would have been cool. Their arms tangle but she goes in twice to get the mic and he is still talking. Whatever banana republic here we come. Presidents buddy ag. Press that is only friendly to the president. Bow down to our magnificent leader.

Comment

• Frae, I'm glad you are back posting. It saves me from my compulsion to point out stuff about Trump and his WH that I find outrageous that apparently most folks on the right don't think is that big of a deal, and being met with "mehs." Maybe if Trump really did shoot a guy on the street, some eyebrows would get raised among his base. Sadly, it would probably depend on what the person looked like though.

Comment

Well I guess he should have followed 45’s advice and just grabbed her by something and it would have been cool. Their arms tangle but she goes in twice to get the mic and he is still talking. Whatever banana republic here we come. Presidents buddy ag. Press that is only friendly to the president. Bow down to our magnificent leader.
                      the arms dont tangle, Acosta forcefully pushes the intern's arm down when she finally gets in close enough to try to grab the mic.

I'm just hopeful CNN can find a non piece of shit to send to the WH next time.

Comment

the arms dont tangle, Acosta forcefully pushes the intern's arm down when she finally gets in close enough to try to grab the mic.

I'm just hopeful CNN can find a non piece of shit to send to the WH next time.
                        I don’t see it like that and I definitely don’t think it rises to a level that earns you a ban.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          Frae, I'm glad you are back posting. It saves me from my compulsion to point out stuff about Trump and his WH that I find outrageous that apparently most folks on the right don't think is that big of a deal, and being met with "mehs." Maybe if Trump really did shoot a guy on the street, some eyebrows would get raised among his base. Sadly, it would probably depend on what the person looked like though.
                          Thanks but I’ll probably run out of motivation at some point again when I remember that I’m not changing anyone’s mind. I’ll go back to waiting for an election to analyze but today I still had my motivation.

Comment

I don’t see it like that and I definitely don’t think it rises to a level that earns you a ban.
                            you're looking at a zoomed in video, which I would assume is that way because it makes it less obvious what happened. Whether that was ban worthy on its own, I dont know, but with Acosta's history I agree with it. CNN must have someone else they can send to the WH that doesnt try to make himself the story.

Comment

• I missed the Acosta thing, and that seems to be part of a long-running feud, so hard to make a snap judgment.

but I can address another main issue today, if this helps any:

I see the transcript of the Yamiche Alcindor question:

"On the campaign trail you called yourself a nationalist. Some people saw that as emboldening white nationalists. There are some people that say that now the Republican Party is seen as supporting white nationalism because of your rhetoric. What do you make of that?"

I see Alcindor just graduated from Georgetown in 2009, so she's not exactly a grizzled veteran.

the "some people" question tends to be very ineffective, as happened here. I'm a little surprised she made that tactical interviewing mistake.

was it "racist?" meh, no.

but that gets back to what mystifies me about much of the coverage of Trump. what is it that you are trying to accomplish as a reporter?

I actually WOULD like to know what Trump has to say about those accusations. but her question left her zero chance of success (which is true of many questions to Trump, but this particular "some say you beat your wife" angle isn't going to work on anybody).

a tricky line to walk. but if she did what is called "mirroring" - noting that Trump had described himself as a nationalist, and then reflecting how Trump defines that word - then you are engaging the interview subject. (especially one with this level of ego).

then note that there is something else called "white nationalists" - and try to read his facial expressions and body language at that point. if he wants to jump in, let him. if not, explain what that separate thing is, per your understanding.

you leave an opening for Trump to enter, if he chooses, to explain the difference. he may not, but at least you have given yourself a fighting chance.

I realize the vast majority of this board likely is repelled by my explanation of how this should work (although the same principle applies across the board in reporting), but circle back to my original point: "what is it that you are trying to accomplish?"

if you are a reporter in that spot, you should be trying to accomplish finding out whether he wants to say anything that makes us feel more or less concerned that he is, well, a Nazi. let him move the conversation forward, either way.

instead, she blew it because she "some peopled" her way out of a productive response (note that "productive" is as likely to hurt his cause as help it, perhaps. but that would be his problem, not hers).
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Insightful analysis JJ.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X