This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I will be very interested to see how the Saudi killing of an American political activist, seemingly on the orders of crown prince MBS, plays out, given the crown prince's close ties to Kushner, and Trump's general attitude to the media and especially to critics of his government. Any other president would impose severe penalties in response to this, with overwhelming bipartisan support. There is already bipartisan outrage, so the ball is in Trump's court. Let's see if sees this opportunity to act in the appropriate manner in a subject it would help him greatly to do that, or if he reverts to form, and let's the crown prince get away with murder because he spoke out against the Saudi government. Since the murdered man was a critic of a different rich guy/governent, maybe he will be able to do the right thing in this case.
    I saw this article today and it reminded me of the discussion about this.

The Canadian prime minister may have condemned the actions of the Saudi regime, but his position over light-armoured vehicle sales to the kingdom tells us everything we need to know
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Because his lies irk me to no end. Mixing up Fox which actually does good polling with Rasmussen which does garbage polling is great. Can’t wait to see the black voter share tomorrow for republicans.

Comment

• Hannity and Piro both appear on stage at a political rally with the President. But CNN is the fake news. Imagine the outcry if Maddow or Anderson Coopper did it with Obama.

The man does so few press conferences and these are two of the people who he regularly does “interviews “ with and today they appeared on stage and at the mic at a campaign rally.

In fact Hannity’s opened with this... "By the way all those people in the back are fake news." At least least a few are Fox reporters covering the event. Unreal.

Edit to add that I missed that Rush warmed up the crowd tonight too.
        Last edited by frae; 11-05-2018, 10:59 PM.

Comment

• I did not think Hannity was considered a non-partisan news source. He certainly does not claim to be.

I can see why you equate him to Cooper and Maddow though. Left and right balance.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            I did not think Hannity was considered a non-partisan news source. He certainly does not claim to be.

I can see why you equate him to Cooper and Maddow though. Left and right balance.

J
            Hannity gets one on one interviews with the president. While I understand he runs a conservative opinion editorial style show as Maddow does for the left the difference is he is on stage at a rally. How can he be impartial in an interview? He’s no better than a political operative at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
              Hannity gets one on one interviews with the president. While I understand he runs a conservative opinion editorial style show as Maddow does for the left the difference is he is on stage at a rally. How can he be impartial in an interview? He’s no better than a political operative at this point.
              It doesn't really bother me because Hannity is so clearly and brazenly partial that it's helpful rather than harmful for him to attend Trump rallies and remove any last shred of doubt that he's 100% Trump cheerleader and 0% journalist.

Comment

• Jeff Sessions fired

Comment

• to underscore

HowardKurtz
                  ‏Verified account @HowardKurtz
                  1m1 minute ago

That didn't take long: Jeff Sessions resigns. Obviously the attorney general had enough of their strained relationship and probably had no choice
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Rule of law Republicans you guys cool with this?

Comment

• Personally, I didnt like Sessions due to his stance on marijuana and looking to fight states that have legalized its usage.
                      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Rule of law Republicans you guys cool with this?
                        Sessions did not do a good job of policing the Department of Justice. With the new Senate, getting a replacement approved will be easy. Indeed, much of the Senate's business next year will be voting on appointments.

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                        Personally, I didnt like Sessions due to his stance on marijuana and looking to fight states that have legalized its usage.
                        That too. That's a bone the President could throw to the Democrats in the House. Infrastructure is another.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Rule of law Republicans you guys cool with this?
                          Not a Republican, but I've thought Sessions was miscast from the start. I actually give him credit for being the whipping boy for so long.

If the new AG inhibits Mueller, I will not be pleased.
                          "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                          - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                          - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                            Not a Republican, but I've thought Sessions was miscast from the start. I actually give him credit for being the whipping boy for so long.

If the new AG inhibits Mueller, I will not be pleased.
                            I don’t like Jeff Sessions but his recusal from Mueller made sure the investigation would continue. This firing by Trump is not for any reason other than Mueller. He’s trying to obstruct justice in broad daylight.

Comment

• And now Trump is going after the Press he doesn't like. He suspended Jim Acosta, here is a link to an article...

The White House is suspending CNN chief White House correspondent Jim Acosta's "hard pass" for what press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders deemed "absolutely unacceptable" conduct in a statement Wednesday night.

"President Trump believes in a free press and expects and welcomes tough questions of him and his administration," Sanders said in the statement. "We will, however, never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern."

We have the video...

They are making shit up now that we have video of. We are going down a dangerous road very fast today.

Comment

And now Trump is going after the Press he doesn't like. He suspended Jim Acosta, here is a link to an article...

The White House is suspending CNN chief White House correspondent Jim Acosta's "hard pass" for what press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders deemed "absolutely unacceptable" conduct in a statement Wednesday night.

"President Trump believes in a free press and expects and welcomes tough questions of him and his administration," Sanders said in the statement. "We will, however, never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern."

We have the video...

They are making shit up now that we have video of. We are going down a dangerous road very fast today.
                                Acosta is a piece of shit. He's not reporting, he's a a liberal protester with a press pass. I know CNN is just a wing of the democrat party but the crap he pulled today was incredibly embarrassing for himself and his network.
                                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X