This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Sorry bud but Trump is exactly where the party wants to be. That's why ~85% (haven't checked latest numbers) of Republicans support him.
    I don't think so. I do think the party wanted to take the election away from the Dems. I think they were shocked when it happened. Now that it has happened they think it is not turning out as bad as they were fearing.

Not turning out as bad is a far cry from turning out good.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
      He isn't the god damn president of the United States he is a guy on cable news.. My lord if Obama reacted to everytime Fox overeacted to something by being able to be as equally outrageous it would have been insane. Trump only gets away with it because everyday he does something crazy.

The media reacting to events too quickly ship has sailed. CNN and Fox are not news outlets they are entertainment news that most often do opinion shows. I think CNN isn't a wing of the Democratic party the way I think Fox is, but if your argument is my outrage at the president should be the same as my outrage with poor journlistic standards I don't think those are the same thing at all.
      Nope he isn’t the President (Zucker from CNN). But, again not everything the guy (Trump) does is a dog whistle. The left can’t have it both ways. Either he’s incredibly crafty and nefarious or he is dumber than a box of rocks. I’m kinda backing the rocks. Probably a little more in the middle than anyone’s wants to admit.
      I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        I don't think so. I do think the party wanted to take the election away from the Dems. I think they were shocked when it happened. Now that it has happened they think it is not turning out as bad as they were fearing.

Not turning out as bad is a far cry from turning out good.

I can accept this remark!
        I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Your parody read almost exactly like others sincerity. So forgive my assumption that you were being earnest.
          No problem. That is part of the reason I thought it funny. Still hoped that it was over the top enough to make people smile. I also liked snowmen of color.

I enjoy the way you engage in these hot button topic discussions so I was a bit surprised that you thought it might apply to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            I admit, I am perplexed by the apparent glee of such observations that seems to come through sometimes. I tend to be more generous in my interpretation of such posts though. I think folks like Revo believe these policies are wrongheaded, so hope in pointing out early signs of this, they will change the minds
            of those who support such policies before things get worse
            Nots either doesn't or refuses to understand this. When I post about the tariffs leading to a major economic issue -- and the red flags continue to rise every single day -- he brushes it off as simple anti-Trump propaganda. If it continues, and even with the renegotiated YMCA deal or whatever it's called the tariffs have remained in place, and now with China not even returning his calls, his Trade War is going to go down as one of the worst self-inflicted economic debacles this country has ever seen (except to the oblivious J). The seeds are being sowed. China has dug in. Trump's declaration of economic war on China is failing tremendously, and now we're literally all going to pay.

Anyone who believes this whole stock market correction is due to higher interest rates alone has a lot to learn. Trump is single-handedly causing a global slowdown with his unbelievably reckless policies that will be far more lasting than any "sugar high" reform he puts in place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
              Nope he isn’t the President. But, again not everything the guy does is a dog whistle. The left can’t have it both ways. Either he’s incredibly crafty and nefarious or he is dumber than a box of rocks. I’m kinda backing the rocks.
              This tweet this morning wasn't hiding it and wasn't a dog whistle. I have sometimes honestly wondered if he knew the words he was choosing, for example when we talk about nationalism. Today he repeated a right wing conspiracy theory about who is to blame for the bombs. This one isn't debatable he was saying it was a false flag perputated by the left.

Comment

• From another flaming liberal (er Bush speech writer) David Frum.

"When people talk about Trump condoning and inviting political violence, his behavior over the past 48 hours—and that of his followers—is exactly what they have in mind: the utter lack of sympathy for those attacked or threatened; the readiness to blame victims of terrorism for being terrorized; the determination to exonerate the president of any consequences for his own wild behavior; the indulgence of wild conspiracy theories as a means to achieve that exoneration, piped directly into the Oval Office from the furthest extremes of American life."

Trump’s statements over the past 48 hours reveal a president willing to breach a core rule of democracy.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                  Had a guy celebrating a market correction on these pages today. Deep down you’d rather have the country fall apart economically than give Trump credit. Sad really.
                  It's me that you find sad and pathetic! Weird you didn't address me in that thread.

I'm not celebrating financial depression... I was emphatically stating " I fucking told you so". When I brought up the stock buyback correlation with the markets about 6 months ago, the righties denied the buyback effect and only revo backed me up. I brought it up today to follow up on the debate from 6 months ago as to the temporary nature of the market surge. Wasn't meant to be celebratory. Meant as a "told ya so".
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                    It's me that you find sad and pathetic! Weird you didn't address me in that thread.

I'm not celebrating financial depression... I was emphatically stating " I fucking told you so". When I brought up the stock buyback correlation with the markets about 6 months ago, the righties denied the buyback effect and only revo backed me up. I brought it up today to follow up on the debate from 6 months ago as to the temporary nature of the market surge. Wasn't meant to be celebratory. Meant as a "told ya so".
                    Stock market is up about 50% since early 2016 and over 200% since 2008.That kind of increase is unsustainable. It’s now down about 1% for the year. What exactly are you saying? That the market would continue to climb at a rate of 25% per year if not for Trumps corporate tax breaks? If that’s the case, it reads a lot like the folks that say global warming is fake because it was cold today.
                    The good news for the ‘i fucking told you so’ crowd is that I believe more of a correction is coming, so you will have another chance to gloat.
                    Edit: reread your post about fifteen times and am still trying to figure out what you’re trying to say about stock buyback. The business tax rate was cut, so businesses bought a lot of their stock back, which drove up the price and now they are no longer buying it back or dumping it driving the market back down? Is that it? I guess before you spike the football, I would like you to more clearly explain why you think Trumps policies have contracted the market the last couple of weeks and what effect you think his policies have had on the market increase since Jan 2017
                    Last edited by nots; 10-26-2018, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      From another flaming liberal (er Bush speech writer) David Frum.

"When people talk about Trump condoning and inviting political violence, his behavior over the past 48 hours—and that of his followers—is exactly what they have in mind: the utter lack of sympathy for those attacked or threatened; the readiness to blame victims of terrorism for being terrorized; the determination to exonerate the president of any consequences for his own wild behavior; the indulgence of wild conspiracy theories as a means to achieve that exoneration, piped directly into the Oval Office from the furthest extremes of American life."

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/574108/
                      I give you that the Atlantic is flaming liberal. Frum seems more Bush-style never-Trump.

I'm glad everyone withheld judgement until the actual bomber was found. It was the mature thing to do. Now, back to your regularly scheduled mudfest.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                        I give you that the Atlantic is flaming liberal. Frum seems more Bush-style never-Trump.

I'm glad everyone withheld judgement until the actual bomber was found. It was the mature thing to do. Now, back to your regularly scheduled mudfest.

J
                        Yep his rally was back to its typical tone tonight. They chanted lock her up when he mentioned “crooked Hillary “ and he still couldn’t say anything about the unity he preached when he is telemprompter Trump. Nope he had that normal smirk as they chanted and said in a jovial tone you guys are going to be in trouble. So funny, they just sent a pipe bomb to her and they are now proven to be one of your supporters. Maybe be the fucking president just once.

Comment

Yep his rally was back to its typical tone tonight. They chanted lock her up when he mentioned “crooked Hillary “ and he still couldn’t say anything about the unity he preached when he is telemprompter Trump. Nope he had that normal smirk as they chanted and said in a jovial tone you guys are going to be in trouble. So funny, they just sent a pipe bomb to her and they are now proven to be one of your supporters. Maybe be the fucking president just once.
                          As you say, a bump in the news-road. Bernie had a crazy shooting at Congressmen. This stuff happens.

He's more native American than Elizabeth Warren. Will that matter?

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

As you say, a bump in the news-road. Bernie had a crazy shooting at Congressmen. This stuff happens.

He's more native American than Elizabeth Warren. Will that matter?

J
                            Good grief, you can't stay on the actual topic ever. We are going to do whataboutism and then pivot to an Elizabeth Warren slam. Well done, Trump has taught you well.

His rhetoric at his rallies is dangerous and it finally came home to roost. Want to bet it happens again?

Comment

Good grief, you can't stay on the actual topic ever. We are going to do whataboutism and then pivot to an Elizabeth Warren slam. Well done, Trump has taught you well.

His rhetoric at his rallies is dangerous and it finally came home to roost. Want to bet it happens again?
                              You just quoted the rebuttal, so I won't go into it again.

It's not so much a slam on Warren as a comment on minorities of convenience.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

You just quoted the rebuttal, so I won't go into it again.

It's not so much a slam on Warren as a comment on minorities of convenience.

J
                                Honestly this is like a word salad. Everything ok? In all seriousness, you might want to speak to a professional.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X