• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    This is so laughably obtuse.
    All evidence to the contrary

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      This is disappointing to read. It buys into the victimization narrative perpetuated here by others on the right. It isnt true. I've always distinguished my criticisms of trump from my criticisms of GOP ideology. Republicans do themselves a great disservice by aligning the party with Trump. I think there is good in the party and the platform, but Trump represents the worst. An attack on trump is not equal to an attack of Republicanism. If Trump is where the party wants to be God help us all.
      Sorry bud but Trump is exactly where the party wants to be. That's why ~85% (haven't checked latest numbers) of Republicans support him.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
        Had a guy celebrating a market correction on these pages today. Deep down you’d rather have the country fall apart economically than give Trump credit. Sad really.
        To be fair this isn't exactly new in our political climate - there were a hell of a lot of people rooting for Obamacare to fail also, and I guarantee you there were people on Fox seizing on higher unemployment or whatever you can point to during Obama's tenure as good news.

Agree with "Sad really." though.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          Sorry bud but Trump is exactly where the party wants to be. That's why ~85% (haven't checked latest numbers) of Republicans support him.
          I think I've seen as high as 90%. It is depressing as fuck. My hope is the 10% fight to turn their party toward a better future for the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
            To be fair this isn't exactly new in our political climate - there were a hell of a lot of people rooting for Obamacare to fail also, and I guarantee you there were people on Fox seizing on higher unemployment or whatever you can point to during Obama's tenure as good news.

Agree with "Sad really." though.
            I agree with you 100%. I voted for Obama once, but rooted for him twice. I didn’t vote for Bush either time, but certainly hoped for the best both terms.

Comment

I8 think I've seen as high as 90%. 85 is depressing as fuck. My hope is tr he 10% fight to turn their party toward a better future for the country.
              Consider me a 10%-er

Comment

I agree with you 100%. I voted for Obama once, but rooted for him twice. I didn’t vote for Bush either time, but certainly hoped for the best both terms.
                I root for our economy. I dont want my 401k to go down or people to lose jobs. I hope I am wrong, but I do think trump's policies are like a sugar rush. Long term, I dont think they will lead to the best outcomes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Consider me a 10%-er
                  Good to see it represented here. Change must come from within. I really hope people like you can take the GOP toward a better direction. It is good for the country when the best of both parties leads, not the worst. I hope the best from the left is what rises to challenge trump and not some side show like Avenatti or some similar embarrassment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    Any admitting of GOP doing something right immediately means you are a Trump loving racist. Suggesting the left run better candidates means you are a Trump loving racist. Hoping for the best for our country, means you are a Nationalist which means you are a Trump loving white racist. In your case as a snowman you are already white (in no way do I mean this as a slight to our snowmen of color) so you have to be extra careful not to mention anything that closely resembles the GOP of doing something right.
                    Being a melting snowman (gotta revive the mooning snowman!) is why my response are so leveleheafed. I’m afraid to bring the heat!
                    I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

I root for our economy. I dont want my 401k to go down or people to lose jobs. I hope I am wrong, but I do think trump's policies are like a sugar rush. Long term, I dont think they will lead to the best outcomes.
                      Very fair point however, I don’t recall you ever posting about stock market losses, small gains in the inflation rate or other mildly negative economic news. Others on your team have in these boards and I find that pathetic.

Comment

This is disappointing to read. It buys into the victimization narrative perpetuated here by others on the right. It isnt true. I've always distinguished my criticisms of trump from my criticisms of GOP ideology. Republicans do themselves a great disservice by aligning the party with Trump. I think there is good in the party and the platform, but Trump represents the worst. An attack on trump is not equal to an attack of Republicanism, unless you concede Trump is where the party wants to be. If Trump is where the party wants to be God help us all.
                        Settle down sparky. I was having a little fun.

My thoughts on the election have not changed. My "fear" of the next one is also documented.

I though my post was funny on many fronts. I was hoping most would see it that way.

Comment

Very fair point however, I don’t recall you ever posting about stock market losses, small gains in the inflation rate or other mildly negative economic news. Others on your team have in these boards and I find that pathetic.
                          I admit, I am perplexed by the apparent glee of such observations that seems to come through sometimes. I tend to be more generous in my interpretation of such posts though. I think folks like Revo believe these policies are wrongheaded, so hope in pointing out early signs of this, they will change the minds
                          of those who support such policies before things get worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                            I want someone from the right to condemn it here. I posted it earlier and everyone but B-Fly glossed over it. You want us to acknowledge when he does something good ok, please stand up when he is literarlly parroting a right wing conspiracy while acting as President of the United States. If Obama had sent out a left wing conspiracy Fox would have melted down.
                            I was so fucking disgusted by Trump’s performance after meeting with Putin that I quit posting because he was indefensible. If you want to be outraged be outraged. I was outraged that with minutes of a package being discovered at CNN that CNN’s head man was calling out Trump’s rhetoric as the cause. Not the likely cause, THE CAUSE! Fucking heal yourself before casting stones (CNN, not you )
                            I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              Settle down sparky. I was having a little fun.

My thoughts on the election have not changed. My "fear" of the next one is also documented.

I though my post was funny on many fronts. I was hoping most would see it that way.
                              Your parody read almost exactly like others sincerity. So forgive my assumption that you were being earnest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                                I was so fucking disgusted by Trump’s performance after meeting with Putin that I quit posting because he was indefensible. If you want to be outraged be outraged. I was outraged that with minutes of a package being discovered at CNN that CNN’s head man was calling out Trump’s rhetoric as the cause. Not the likely cause, THE CAUSE! Fucking heal yourself before casting stones.
                                He isn't the god damn president of the United States he is a guy on cable news.. My lord if Obama reacted to everytime Fox overeacted to something by being able to be as equally outrageous it would have been insane. Trump only gets away with it because everyday he does something crazy.

The media reacting to events too quickly ship has sailed. CNN and Fox are not news outlets they are entertainment news that most often do opinion shows. I think CNN isn't a wing of the Democratic party the way I think Fox is, but if your argument is my outrage at the president should be the same as my outrage with poor journlistic standards I don't think those are the same thing at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X