This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
    Public speech, particularly when it's vile and insulting and attacking people, is behavior. Moreover, he has been sued many, many times, and he has lost. See Trump University fraud. He has notoriously stiffed workers and professionals of the amounts they were due, throughout his career. He has been accused of sexual harassment or misconduct by 22 different women. He has obviously cheated on multiple wives. There is credible evidence that he's cheated on his taxes. How can you say that nothing about his behavior is offensive?
    C'mon Fly, Fox News never reported any of those things, so they all must have never happened.

And let's not forget his attacks John McCain; attacking the Muslim Gold Star family and asking "I wonder what's under her dress;" the racial steering at Trump Village in Brooklyn; the attacks on the press; his attack on the Mexican judge; physically shoving aside the Prime Minister of Montenegro; publicly siding with Russia over the US intelligence community; making everything about himself; saying they were 'great people on both sides' of the Charlottesville debacle; I can literally be here all day if I had the time.

Nope, nothing offensive. OneJay must be living in some bizarro world where all of this went unreported.

Comment

• Nikki Haley out

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Nikki Haley out
        Whoa. This will be very interesting, particularly if she's willing to speak about the reasons for her resignation and if they involve anger/frustration with the boss, his words and/or actions. I have to say she's my dream primary challenger for Trump in 2020.

Comment

Public speech, particularly when it's vile and insulting and attacking people, is behavior. Moreover, he has been sued many, many times, and he has lost. See Trump University fraud. He has notoriously stiffed workers and professionals of the amounts they were due, throughout his career. He has been accused of sexual harassment or misconduct by 22 different women. He has obviously cheated on multiple wives. There is credible evidence that he's cheated on his taxes. How can you say that nothing about his behavior is offensive?
          I did not say nothing about his behavior was offensive, but you just came close to it.

That's a very weak list. It's given that he's rude, crude and obnoxious. If anything he overdoes it intentionally. What is he doing, now, in the Oval Office that offends? What policy does he have that offends? What action has he ordered? Or, is it only that you find him boorish? Compare the way various agencies of the government were weaponized during the Obama administration.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Whoa. This will be very interesting, particularly if she's willing to speak about the reasons for her resignation and if they involve anger/frustration with the boss, his words and/or actions. I have to say she's my dream primary challenger for Trump in 2020.
            she appears to be friendly with Trump still, saying she will campaign for him in 2020.
            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
              I did not say nothing about his behavior was offensive, but you just came close to it.

That's a very weak list. It's given that he's rude, crude and obnoxious. If anything he overdoes it intentionally. What is he doing, now, in the Oval Office that offends? What policy does he have that offends? What action has he ordered? Or, is it only that you find him boorish? Compare the way various agencies of the government were weaponized during the Obama administration.

J
              I guess caging children doesn't qualify for you? Or is that Obama's fault?
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

J
                after reading Fly's list & your response I've now learned that "boorish behaviour" is considered a reasonable defense to make to the IRS for tax evasion ("I was only being boorish!"). If only Al Capone had known.
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  I guess caging children doesn't qualify for you? Or is that Obama's fault?
                  If you are asking if this was Obama policy, it was. It just wasn't news then.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

If you are asking if this was Obama policy, it was. It just wasn't news then.

J
                    Wrong...Obama was known as the "deporter-in-chief" to immigration activists. A 10 sec search finds articles from ABC, NBC, NPR, Politifact. But keep on keepin' on in your delusional bubble.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Category 4 hurricane headed right for Tallahassee......and the dipshit president uses his soundbite to attack its mayor for running for Governor. Really?? Cmon Chance, nots, Cardboardbox, Onejay, give us a defense of this. Show us how this jerkoff cares for more than his voters.

Comment

• I will be very interested to see how the Saudi killing of an American political activist, seemingly on the orders of crown prince MBS, plays out, given the crown prince's close ties to Kushner, and Trump's general attitude to the media and especially to critics of his government. Any other president would impose severe penalties in response to this, with overwhelming bipartisan support. There is already bipartisan outrage, so the ball is in Trump's court. Let's see if sees this opportunity to act in the appropriate manner in a subject it would help him greatly to do that, or if he reverts to form, and let's the crown prince get away with murder because he spoke out against the Saudi government. Since the murdered man was a critic of a different rich guy/governent, maybe he will be able to do the right thing in this case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          I will be very interested to see how the Saudi killing of an American political activist, seemingly on the orders of crown prince MBS, plays out, given the crown prince's close ties to Kushner, and Trump's general attitude to the media and especially to critics of his government. Any other president would impose severe penalties in response to this, with overwhelming bipartisan support. There is already bipartisan outrage, so the ball is in Trump's court. Let's see if sees this opportunity to act in the appropriate manner in a subject it would help him greatly to do that, or if he reverts to form, and let's the crown prince get away with murder because he spoke out against the Saudi government. Since the murdered man was a critic of a different rich guy/governent, maybe he will be able to do the right thing in this case.
                          Trump's comments on the killing are extremely weak:

"I am concerned about that," Trump said. "I don't like hearing about it and hopefully that will sort itself out. Right now, nobody knows anything about it."

"There's some pretty bad stories about it. I do not like it," he added.

Yeah, dont hold your breath. Never let 1 murder of a US citizen get in the way of billions of dollars of arms dealing.

https://www.businessinsider.com/saud...-s-400-2018-10

This article was helpful in merging the journalist killing with the negotiation tactics in the arms dealing. Didn't make me hopeful. Seems like Dumb Donald once again gave credit for deals that hadn't yet happened, now Saudis have all the leverage in threatening to buy from Russia... or maybe Vlad wanted it that way all along? Turkey and India already chose the $15 Bn defense system offered by Russia... seems like a lot of business going the way of Russia, especially if Saudis also buy it. As Rachel Maddow might shriek: "Do you think this is all a coincidence?!" It could be, but it's a pretty big win for Putin and pretty clear loss for the US any way you slice it.
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Dumb Donald bashing the Fed non-stop over raising rates. But wait, what the.....?

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              Wrong...Obama was known as the "deporter-in-chief" to immigration activists. A 10 sec search finds articles from ABC, NBC, NPR, Politifact. But keep on keepin' on in your delusional bubble.

https://www.google.com/search?q=obam...hrome&ie=UTF-8
                              Oh that shell game again.....
                              http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...402-story.html
                              It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                              Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Kanye and Trump together at the same presser...Kanye actually out word-salads Trump!
                                If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Working...
                                X