This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    As messed up as this might appear on the surface (Trump supporter, wanted Manafort innocent, witch hunt, Russia), I think that it shows just how seriously people take their duties once those doors are closed and the jury starts to deliberate. She put aside all of her personal beliefs and sided with the truth as it was presented to her. Good for her and the rest of the jurors, even the lone holdout who stuck to their beliefs in spite of overwhelming opposition.

Gives me a little faith to go on...
    Particularly given that the lone holdout was apparently not so blinded by politics or ideology that she hung all 18 counts, which in itself is some evidence of good faith deliberation.

Comment

• Dumb Donald imploring Sessions to go after his political rivals. What a country we are. Two years later and he's still ranting & raving about Hillary Clinton.

I'm not sure where I first saw it, but comparing Dumb Donald to a mob boss is a pretty apt comparison.

Comment

• The CFO for the Trump Organization got immunity as part of the Cohen case, Trump is doomed

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
          The CFO for the Trump Organization got immunity as part of the Cohen case, Trump is doomed

https://www.sfgate.com/business/arti...y-13180045.php
          Yep, and the publisher of the National Enquirer, which beyond paying off McDougal, as arranged by Cohen "in collaboration and at the direction of" Trump, apparently had a vault of buried negative Trump stories. I won't say he's doomed yet since sometimes the payoff on these things proves less than we might imagine, and Trump has gotten away with so much crap already, it does seem like the sharks are circling to a degree we haven't seen until recently.

Comment

• i would bet that the juror wanted to disagree on all accounts since her point was that the investigation should never have happened. kind of like an illegal search. and how they said there were tears. i bet those other jurors probably had their work cut out for them trying to convince her. and they did, amazingly. thus, perhaps the only way to convince a Trump supporter he's guilty, or one of his associates, is by something intense like that.

i think when you start seeing Nixon people coming out publicly and making statements, it's some kind of sign. you're going to see what would've happened if Nixon didn't resign.

it's going to get really ugly. muddy. people complain that the GOP should stand up to Trump, but get ready for them to use the persecution angle to incite their base. when all of this is said and done, they'll be making Donald out to be Jesus and the democrats Pontius Pilate or Rome.

Comment

• And Cheeto-in-Chief finally admits that NK isn't going along with the denuke program and tells Pompeo not to North Korea to resume negotiations. Seems to want to put the blame on China for not trying hard enough to help with negotiations due to the US "Much tougher" trading stance with China. But he does continue his bromance with Kim..."I would like to send my warmest regards and respect to Chairman Kim. I look forward to seeing him soon!"

You got played son...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Who knows if the evangelical vote will ever return to their values, but...

A former Trump World Tower doorman who says he has knowledge of an alleged affair President Donald Trump had with an ex-housekeeper, which resulted in a child, is now able to talk about a contract he entered with American Media Inc. that had prohibited him from discussing the matter with anyone, according to his attorney.

A former Trump World Tower doorman who says he has knowledge of an alleged affair President Donald Trump had with an ex-housekeeper, which resulted in a child, is now able to talk about a contract he entered with American Media Inc. that had prohibited him from discussing the matter with anyone, according to his attorney.
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                    Who knows if the evangelical vote will ever return to their values, but...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/24/polit...ami/index.html
                    Another one of his actions that would be insignificant to supporters

http://https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/08/what-trumps-supporters-think-of-corruption/568147/

Comment

• If it turns out that Eliott Broidy's mistress who was paid $1.7 Mil for an abortion... was actually Trump's abortion... would that sway any evangelicals? Trump paying for an abortion cover up is a bit worse than paying for affairs to be covered up...

But his followers are likely too far gone.

It will be interesting to see what Pecker and Weiselberg flip Trump on... they had to have serious criminal charges lined up, as well as information worth cutting a deal for immunity. Weiselberg definitely had a mountain of falsified financial documents, so he had the serious charges, and also must have a mountain of evidence of criminal activity. Seems like it could be a big deal.
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• i wouldn't hope a politician would have a secret love child with a housekeeper because it would make him look bad.. unless it's Arnold Schwarzenegger because the seed is strong!

Comment

• the in deep part of Time Magazine's cover isn't exactly Christ imagery but it's close. it's pretty cool everyone if notices it. i knew someone that specialized in that in art history.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                            Yeah, that article is worth the read for anyone who hasn't. It does a good job of distinguishing between political and legal corruption, which Trump is undeniably guilty of, and the sort of "corruption" of social hierarchies that Trump preaches against and his supporters really care about.

Comment

• Poor widdle Twumpy Wumpy, it's just so unfair. Waaaah!:

Comment

• So telling that his criticism isn't about whether the articles are true or not, or whether the information provided by searches is factual and accurate but whether they are pro-him or anti-him. Why change yourself, when you can just control who reads what about you? Just like his boy Rudy claiming truth isn't truth. Perception defines reality.

Comment

Working...
                                X