Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep, Cohen essentially testified in his plea that Trump also violated the campaign finance laws by directing him to pay hush money.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
      Yep, Cohen essentially testified in his plea that Trump also violated the campaign finance laws by directing him to pay hush money.
      Why do I get the feeling we are about to invade some small country?
      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
        Why do I get the feeling we are about to invade some small country?
        A Trump supporter in a Facebook group I frequent is heavily advocating a ground war to liberate the Yemeni people.

Comment

• Very bad day for the Donald...Manafort guilty (looks like a mistrial declared on the counts the jury couldn't agree on), Cohen flipping so soon, and a little gem about Larry Kudlow, a Trump economic advisor, being tied to a White supremacist...

The publisher of a website that serves as a platform for white nationalism was a guest last weekend at the home of President Trump’s top economic adviser, Larry Kudlow.

Peter Brimelow attended the gathering, a birthday bash for Kudlow, one day after a White House speechwriter was dismissed in the wake of revelations that he had spoken alongside Brimelow on a 2016 panel.

Brimelow, 70, was once a well-connected figure in mainstream conservative circles, writing columns for Dow Jones and National Review. But over the past two decades, he has become a zealous promoter of white-identity politics on Vdare.com, the anti-immigration website that he founded in 1999.
          WaPo News Alerts...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            Very bad day for the Donald...
            Also an indictment today for CA-50 Rep Duncan Hunter, the second person in Congress to endorse Trump. Hunter and his wife allegedly used $250K of campaign funds for personal expenses. The first, Chris Collins, was indicted earlier this month.

Comment

• Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
              Also an indictment today for CA-50 Rep Duncan Hunter, the second person in Congress to endorse Trump. Hunter and his wife allegedly used $250K of campaign funds for personal expenses. The first, Chris Collins, was indicted earlier this month.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ds/1057827002/
              more pardons coming...
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

A Trump supporter in a Facebook group I frequent is heavily advocating a ground war to liberate the Yemeni people.
                How does he feel about the busload of 40 children Trump's military coalition liberated from earth?
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                  How does he feel about the busload of 40 children Trump's military coalition liberated from earth?
                  That's what he was responding to. For him it was exhibit one for why we need to execute a ground war rather than relying on air strikes.

Comment

That's what he was responding to. For him it was exhibit one for why we need to execute a ground war rather than relying on air strikes.
                    That's both idiotic and nonsensical. Typical Trump supporter. The bus was blown up purposefully. "We need to kill the terrorists families." What a moron.

I hope you relayed all of these points to him in a slightly less inflammatory way.
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                      That's both idiotic and nonsensical. Typical Trump supporter. The bus was blown up purposefully. "We need to kill the terrorists families." What a moron.

I hope you relayed all of these points to him in a slightly less inflammatory way.
                      All that had already been said well before he made his idiotic comments. Once he started advocating for a ground war to liberate the Yemeni people, most of the rest of the group's conservatives piled on.

Comment

• I thought I was watching a scene from Goodfellas - when he was talking about flippers.

Comment

• trump totally undermining justice dept, this is not a president. his view, the one who cooperates with law enforcement is garbage, but doing your stint when pinched and not ratting someone is honorable. this guy is a crime boss, he cant help himself in how he views world, his right and wrong is cheap gangster morality. more depressing, among republicans, trump is crazy popular, what pole was done recently that showed trump supporters believe trump 92%, but believe their family only mid 60%, trump has successfully created an alternate reality where truth is putty to be shaped at will.

Comment

• When Donald Trump and Jeff Sessions fight it's so incredibly hard to decide who to root for.

Comment

• One holdout juror was all that prevented Paul Manafort from being convicted on all 18 counts he faces, a juror told Fox News on Wednesday night. Juror Paula Duncan told Fox News that a single juror held out on 10 charges, while the jury unanimously agreed on eight guilty counts. Duncan said she was a Trump supporter who wanted Manafort to be innocent, but the mountain of evidence was overwhelming. "That's the part of a juror, you have to have due diligence and deliberate and look at the evidence," she said. Duncan said she was skeptical of prosecutors' motives, and that she suspects Manafort would not have been tried if not for the "witch hunt to try to find Russian collusion." She was the first juror to go public with her story.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                One holdout juror was all that prevented Paul Manafort from being convicted on all 18 counts he faces, a juror told Fox News on Wednesday night. Juror Paula Duncan told Fox News that a single juror held out on 10 charges, while the jury unanimously agreed on eight guilty counts. Duncan said she was a Trump supporter who wanted Manafort to be innocent, but the mountain of evidence was overwhelming. "That's the part of a juror, you have to have due diligence and deliberate and look at the evidence," she said. Duncan said she was skeptical of prosecutors' motives, and that she suspects Manafort would not have been tried if not for the "witch hunt to try to find Russian collusion." She was the first juror to go public with her story.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/lo...ort-2018-08-22
                                As messed up as this might appear on the surface (Trump supporter, wanted Manafort innocent, witch hunt, Russia), I think that it shows just how seriously people take their duties once those doors are closed and the jury starts to deliberate. She put aside all of her personal beliefs and sided with the truth as it was presented to her. Good for her and the rest of the jurors, even the lone holdout who stuck to their beliefs in spite of overwhelming opposition.

Gives me a little faith to go on...
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X