Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is amazing how most straight white males can look themselves in the mirror and not just deny/ignore their privilege, but actually feel oppressed themselves (according to survey data). Incredibly, centuries of oppression, in their minds, have been completely eliminated in a matter of decades. The billions in free labor provided by slaves have been more than compensated by welfare and affirmative action. For not believing in the power of government, they sure do in this instance.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Dumb Donnie sticks his empty head into the California wildfire debate with this tweet, and quickly gets told he doesn’t know what the F he’s talking about. Sad!

"Governor Jerry Brown must allow the Free Flow of the vast amounts of water coming from the North and foolishly being diverted into the Pacific Ocean. Can be used for fires, farming and everything else. Think of California with plenty of Water - Nice! Fast Federal govt. approvals."

That tweet — on the heels of a Sunday tweet that referenced California’s “bad environmental laws” as a cause of the state’s current raging wildfires — drew an immediate reaction from veteran California GOP strategist Rob Stutzman, who responded via Twitter: “This is nuts’’ and also “low water IQ.” Stutzman has advised former Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and a host of national and state GOP candidates.

“The notion that somehow more water would be mitigating or better in fighting these fires is just mind-boggling,’’ Stutzman told POLITICO on Monday. “I don’t watch 'Fox & Friends,' but it would seem that someone has put the idea in his head. It doesn’t even show an elementary understanding of water policy.’’

Fox & Friends had aired a segment about the California fires nearly five hours before Trump‘s Monday tweet but didn’t discuss water issues as part of the segment.

Stutzman called the president’s recent tweets on California fires and water policy “frightening,” saying that “water has nothing to do with why these places are tinder boxes. It’s very exasperating. ... It’s a statement from the president that shows no understanding of hydrology.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        Uhhhhh... what about Gabby Giffords?
        on the one hand, Teenwolf frustrates the hell out of me when he keeps posting inaccurate and unsubstantiated allegations.
        on the other hand, at least he is willing to visit a place where he can find out that some of his beliefs are not true or completely unproven. we need more people like that, and I think it's only right to express appreciation for you having an interest in the truth.

plus in this case, some people only saw the horribly wrong NYTimes Editorial early last year after the shooting of that Republican Congressman. they tried the "whatabout" route and failed miserably. these are the correction tweets of theirs (see link)

"We got an important fact wrong, incorrectly linking political incitement and the 2011 shooting of Giffords. No link was ever established," read the first tweet from the NYT Opinion account.

Loughner first met Giffords in 2007 at a community event where he asked her a question and was "unsatisfied with her answer," CNN reported. It was at this point he developed a fixation for the lawmaker.

Several years elapsed between the time Loughner first met Giffords and when Palin posted a note to Facebook that linked to her political action committee. The PAC circulated a map of House Democrats' districts (not individual members) the GOP would seek to recapture.

According to the Washington Post, there is no evidence Loughner was aware of Palin's maps. And according to an interview with one of Loughner's high school friends, the gunman did not watch the news. His rampage was akin to "shooting at the world," said Loughner’s friend Zach Osler.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• the "baby parts" nut who wound up killing 3 people (none of whom worked for Planned Parenthood) did storm the Planned Parenthood clinic:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...tack/32579921/
          "DENVER — The man who admits to killing three people at a Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood clinic last fall told police he dreamed he’ll be met in Heaven by aborted fetuses wanting to thank him for saving unborn babies, according to newly released court documents.

Robert Dear Jr. told police he attacked the clinic because he was "upset with them performing abortions and the selling of baby parts,” and admitted to fatally shooting an arriving police officer through a tinted window because he knew the officer couldn’t see him, according to an arrest warrant.

“As Robert Louis Dear Jr. was being placed into a patrol car, he began yelling out statement about the killing of babies and no more baby parts,” Colorado Springs police Det. Jerry Schiffelbein wrote in a warrant. He also said “he was happy with what he had done because his actions … ensured that no more abortions would be conducted at the Planned Parenthood facility in Colorado Springs."

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            on the one hand, Teenwolf frustrates the hell out of me when he keeps posting inaccurate and unsubstantiated allegations.
            on the other hand, at least he is willing to visit a place where he can find out that some of his beliefs are not true or completely unproven. we need more people like that, and I think it's only right to express appreciation for you having an interest in the truth.

plus in this case, some people only saw the horribly wrong NYTimes Editorial early last year after the shooting of that Republican Congressman. they tried the "whatabout" route and failed miserably. these are the correction tweets of theirs (see link)

"We got an important fact wrong, incorrectly linking political incitement and the 2011 shooting of Giffords. No link was ever established," read the first tweet from the NYT Opinion account.

Loughner first met Giffords in 2007 at a community event where he asked her a question and was "unsatisfied with her answer," CNN reported. It was at this point he developed a fixation for the lawmaker.

Several years elapsed between the time Loughner first met Giffords and when Palin posted a note to Facebook that linked to her political action committee. The PAC circulated a map of House Democrats' districts (not individual members) the GOP would seek to recapture.

According to the Washington Post, there is no evidence Loughner was aware of Palin's maps. And according to an interview with one of Loughner's high school friends, the gunman did not watch the news. His rampage was akin to "shooting at the world," said Loughner’s friend Zach Osler.
            Thanks, it's good to know I'm frustrating some folks. Haha...

Your clarification on the Giffords case still leaves me feeling like you fail to see the danger of the idiotic Palin PAC maps with what clearly look like gun targets on various opponents.

But thanks for the clarification. I omit that one from my list and submit the murder of Heather Heyer in place of Giffords. If you wanna defend "good people on both sides"... I'd love to see you attempt that. Cheers!
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              It is amazing how most straight white males can look themselves in the mirror and not just deny/ignore their privilege, but actually feel oppressed themselves (according to survey data). Incredibly, centuries of oppression, in their minds, have been completely eliminated in a matter of decades. The billions in free labor provided by slaves have been more than compensated by welfare and affirmative action. For not believing in the power of government, they sure do in this instance.
              to the privileged, any move towards equality is an assault on "the natural order"
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                to the privileged, any move towards equality is an assault on "the natural order"
                True dat.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• "If you wanna defend "good people on both sides"... I'd love to see you attempt that. Cheers!"

you're locked into a "us vs. them" mode so tightly that the idea that someone just wants to correct inaccurate posts - regardless of ideology - seems completely foreign to you

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    "If you wanna defend "good people on both sides"... I'd love to see you attempt that. Cheers!"

you're locked into a "us vs. them" mode so tightly that the idea that someone just wants to correct inaccurate posts - regardless of ideology - seems completely foreign to you
                    i sincerely appreciate your attempt to discuss the facts over personal attacks, so please continue with engaging discussion and avoid the personal stuff (Teenwolf frustrates me... etc. Tackle the topic, nobody cares how we feel about each other) I'm saying you're cherry picking, and if you want to discuss the actual topic (violent rhetoric), then talk about the clear examples of rhetoric leading people to kill, or rhetoric in support of hate crimes.

Everything you posted about the baby parts killer was known to me. The only people talking about 'baby parts' before that shooting were right wing media and at the time, all the GOP heavyweights running in the primary. How on earth did he hear the term 'baby parts' without being coerced into the shooting by right wing rhetoric? Thanks in advance!
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                      i sincerely appreciate your attempt to discuss the facts over personal attacks, so please continue with engaging discussion and avoid the personal stuff (Teenwolf frustrates me... etc. Tackle the topic, nobody cares how we feel about each other) I'm saying you're cherry picking, and if you want to discuss the actual topic (violent rhetoric), then talk about the clear examples of rhetoric leading people to kill, or rhetoric in support of hate crimes.

Everything you posted about the baby parts killer was known to me. The only people talking about 'baby parts' before that shooting were right wing media and at the time, all the GOP heavyweights running in the primary. How on earth did he hear the term 'baby parts' without being coerced into the shooting by right wing rhetoric? Thanks in advance!
                      How do you square Antifa's rhetoric?
                      "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                      - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                      - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                        How do you square Antifa's rhetoric?
                        I struggle to understand who "Antifa" even is, since there's no clear organization or umbrella or mission statement that I can even identify. To the extent folks are self-identifying as "Antifa", I strongly oppose any violence against people or property, bullying or cyber-bullying, deliberate provocation of violent clashes with other demonstrators, or calls for violence in which any such folks are engaged.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                          I struggle to understand who "Antifa" even is...
                          LOL. Lefties... you guys know every nuance of the evil alt-right, which didn't even exist in the public consciousness prior to the 2016 election, but then somebody brings up antifa, and y'all be like...

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                            LOL. Lefties... you guys know every nuance of the evil alt-right, which didn't even exist in the public consciousness prior to the 2016 election, but then somebody brings up antifa, and y'all be like...

LOL...I also don't get "Qanon" if you want to explain that one to me...
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                              I would imagine your biggest blind spot is on your side.
                              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• To the extent Antifa promotes violence against capitalism, let alone against perceived "fascism" within the elected government of the US, or even against "deplorables" who are not themselves being violent, they're not remotely "on my side". I'm a mainstream Democrat and government worker. I'm just used to trying to find a website or a mission statement for an organization and I don't see that for Antifa. The "alt-right", to my knowledge, is not and has never been any kind of formal organization with a mission statement or an organizational structure. It's just a descriptive term being used to describe a certain catalog of (mostly online) behaviors and expressed viewpoints, with a handful of unofficial flag bearers who are heavy influencers, no? Are y'all saying that Antifa is just a descriptive blanket term for a certain set of behaviors with a handful of unofficial flag bearers who are heavy influencers, or is there evidence of some kind of organized network out there? Not that I would, but how does one "join" Antifa?

Comment

Working...
                                X