This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    No, the real issue is that this was done in 2017, well after any reasonable time needed to recognize this is a major problem.
    Seems like a straw man, that does not argue my statement that the real problem was simply a bad password.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
      so if Trump goes on a fellating tour with Putin, Kim and Xi but next time he meets a lot of female leaders, can we call it a cunnilingus tour? do rich people enjoy performing cunnilingus?
      I do, but I'm only in the 3% so does that count as rich?
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• i can't say i read Esquire magazine very much but they had a good quote. "there are smoking guns, and then there’s this administration*, which looks like the Union line on Cemetery Ridge just as what was left of Pickett’s division arrived."

Comment

• North Korea Playing the Donald...again.

North Korea is working on new missiles weeks after Trump-Kim summit, U.S. spy agencies say
          Newly obtained evidence, including satellite photos taken in recent weeks, indicates that work is underway on at least one, and possibly two, liquid-fueled intercontinental ballistic missiles at a research facility on the outskirts of Pyongyang, according to officials familiar with U.S. intelligence.

The findings are the latest to show ongoing activity inside North Korea’s nuclear and missile facilities at a time when the country’s leaders are engaged in arms talks with the United States. The new intelligence does not suggest an expansion of North Korea’s capabilities but shows that work on advanced weapons is continuing six weeks after President Trump declared in a tweet that North Korea was “no longer a nuclear threat.”
          WaPo News Alerts...

And Cheeto in Charge is back to the wall...he says that he'd rather shut down the government that sign another stopgap measure. Can't say I disagree with him about the stopgaps, but if the government shuts down before the midterm election, it could get really ugly got the GOP.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• So Trump is willing to shutdown the government if he can't get his wall.

I think his threat is a good threat. IMO, he knows the chances after the mid-terms is probably very small. I actually appreciate that he wants people to push the "yea" or "nay" button so people know where their elected officials stand. Let the chips fall where they may after that. While shutting down the government is never a good thing, it seems like the only leverage Donnie has at this point.
            "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
            - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
            - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
              So Trump is willing to shutdown the government if he can't get his wall.

I think his threat is a good threat. IMO, he knows the chances after the mid-terms is probably very small. I actually appreciate that he wants people to push the "yea" or "nay" button so people know where their elected officials stand. Let the chips fall where they may after that. While shutting down the government is never a good thing, it seems like the only leverage Donnie has at this point.

Yea, must be tough having both chambers of Congress. He's getting desperate because he knows his days of having any leverage to accomplish anything are numbered.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Yea, must be tough having both chambers of Congress. He's getting desperate because he knows his days of having any leverage to accomplish anything are numbered.
                IMO, I think this is a chance for the Republican Party, or a faction of it, to stand their ground and really put a marker down that says, "We won't go that far." It may well cost some people votes, or it may cost some people seats, but let's have a vote.

I'm seriously considering voting against my Rep. (Paulson) solely as a vote against Trump. I wouldn't have a problem letting Paulson's team know that is why he lost my vote, either.
                "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

IMO, I think this is a chance for the Republican Party, or a faction of it, to stand their ground and really put a marker down that says, "We won't go that far." It may well cost some people votes, or it may cost some people seats, but let's have a vote.

I'm seriously considering voting against my Rep. (Paulson) solely as a vote against Trump. I wouldn't have a problem letting Paulson's team know that is why he lost my vote, either.
                  Please do!
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

Voting against the rep that most aligns with your political values is, with all respect Bro, silly at best. Kicking a Rep out of office, because the Presidential candidate that you didnt vote for is a moron is only going to move the seat to the other side of the aisle. Trump got elected, for better or worse, due a confluence of a bunch of weird events. Placing the blame for Trump at the feet of Paulson makes him accountable to the confluence of events - not what he has or has not done while in his own office.

Bitch and Moan about Trump all day long - but the idea that booting the representative that most aligns with your beliefs is not going to fix or move Trump from office. It is exactly what the Dem party is hoping for - more people voting against their own interests
                    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

If Paulsen is your rep, let me know when he grows either a pair or a spine. He's the textbook definition of an any way the wind blows politician, the only one worse IMO is Marco Rubio...Trump could spit in his face and he'd thank him for the bath.

And I disagree with your brother, vote your conscience and if those thoughts lead you to vote a trump supporter out, so be it. And I'd be surprised if Paulsen aligns with your ideals, based on what I've seen of your postings here. You're a pretty common sense guy who seems to have a softer side when it comes to people in need.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        And I disagree with your brother, vote your conscience and if those thoughts lead you to vote a trump supporter out, so be it. And I'd be surprised if Paulsen aligns with your ideals, based on what I've seen of your postings here. You're a pretty common sense guy who seems to have a softer side when it comes to people in need.
                        Oh - so its ok to vote your conscience when voting to tell the world your anti-Trump, even if the guy you vote out didnt have anything to do with Trump getting elected. But it's not ok to vote for a third party, when both candidates from the major parties sucked total ass --- because that is wasting your vote.

Must be that if voting your conscience means voting for someone with a D next to their name it must be ok....

Just so I understand when one is or isnt wasting their vote.
                        Last edited by baldgriff; 07-31-2018, 03:41 PM.
                        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                          Voting against the rep that most aligns with your political values is, with all respect Bro, silly at best. Kicking a Rep out of office, because the Presidential candidate that you didnt vote for is a moron is only going to move the seat to the other side of the aisle. Trump got elected, for better or worse, due a confluence of a bunch of weird events. Placing the blame for Trump at the feet of Paulson makes him accountable to the confluence of events - not what he has or has not done while in his own office.

Bitch and Moan about Trump all day long - but the idea that booting the representative that most aligns with your beliefs is not going to fix or move Trump from office. It is exactly what the Dem party is hoping for - more people voting against their own interests
                          If you don't think the Dems will try to remove Trump from office if they regain power after the mid-terms, you are mistaken.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                            Oh - so its ok to vote your conscience when voting to tell the world your anti-Trump, even if the guy you vote out didnt have anything to do with Trump getting elected. But it's not ok to vote for a third party, when both candidates from the major parties sucked total ass --- because that is wasting your vote.

Must be that if voting your conscience means voting for someone with a D next to their name it must be ok....

Just so I understand when one is or isnt wasting their vote.
                            Can't argue with a word that you're saying...it's all about getting rid of Trump now and the damage that he's doing to people.

I just ask if anyone votes 3rd party, have a valid reason other than "those two mainstream candidates suck". IMO, that's partly how we got where we are today...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

If you don't think the Dems will try to remove Trump from office if they regain power after the mid-terms, you are mistaken.
                              Oh, I can only hope.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                Oh, I can only hope.
                                Even Pelosi isnt that dumb.
                                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X