X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    But are you still playing chess?
    When I have time, yes. Not sure if that if that helps or hurts longevity.

Comment

• Rouhani's remarks...nothing IMO that should have twisted Donnie's balls like it apparently did...transference anyone?

Addressing a gathering of Iranian diplomats, Rouhani said: “Mr Trump, don’t play with the lion’s tail, this would only lead to regret,” the state new agency IRNA reported.

“America should know that peace with Iran is the mother of all peace, and war with Iran is the mother of all wars,” Rouhani said, leaving open the possibility of peace between the two countries, at odds since the 1979 Islamic Revolution.

“You are not in a position to incite the Iranian nation against Iran’s security and interests,” Rouhani said, in an apparent reference to reported efforts by Washington to destabilize Iran’s Islamic government.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        please, please, for the sake of some sanity in this country, get this moron out of this office.
        this!

Comment

• sigh

by Philip Bump July 25 at 9:54 AM

from The Washington Post:

"MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow led her show Tuesday night with an explosive allegation: The administration of President Trump had intentionally buried a question asked of Russian President Vladimir Putin during last week’s news conference in Helsinki. Not an insignificant question, either. The one about whether or not Putin wanted Trump to win.

“We can report tonight that the White House video of that exchange has also skilfully cut out that question from the Reuters reporter as if it didn’t happen,” Maddow claimed.

Here’s the thing: That’s also how The Post’s transcript of the news conference initially read, too. Ours came from Bloomberg Government and ours, too, excluded the first part of the reporters question in which he begins, “President Putin, did you want President Trump to win the election”.

What happened? If you watch the videos, it’s pretty clear. At some point in the middle of that question, there’s a switch between the feed from the reporters and the feed from the translator.

This is not a conspiracy from the White House. While the White House certainly has a track record of misrepresenting facts, this would have been a remarkably futile revision of reality to attempt. As it turns out, they didn’t."
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• It's not hard, Judge Jude. I just think of most of the media as Democrats with bylines, and they rarely disappoint.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              It's not hard, Judge Jude. I just think of most of the media as Democrats with bylines, and they rarely disappoint.
              to be fair, does anyone watch Maddow thinking they are getting news? You will find about as much news there as on Hannity.
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                to be fair, does anyone watch Maddow thinking they are getting news? You will find about as much news there as on Hannity.
                I've never been able to get through an episode of her show. Admittedly, I've only tried a couple times.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  I've never been able to get through an episode of her show. Admittedly, I've only tried a couple times.
                  I used to like her a lot when she was a W critic. Somewhere during the Obama era she jumped the shark and has truly become unwatchable during the Trump era

Comment

• Maddow is very smart - Rhodes scholar, even - but she manages the difficult, for her, task of not being as smart as she thinks she is.

this is the sort of thing that results from that. and now more than ever, media needs to get it right the first time.

would have been easy enough to report, "There's something odd about the published Trump-Putin transcript - one Q-and-A is missing, and it's one about whether Putin wanted Trump to win the election. The White House has not returned repeated requests for comment."

just because Trump is constantly making shit up doesn't mean she has to follow that path.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Trump's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame was vandalized early this morning.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/07/25/politi...ash/index.html

Attached Files
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

and now more than ever, media needs to get it right the first time.
                        I was thinking about posting something on this earlier today. The media has done themselves a great disservice by producing click-bait, and always trying to have "the scoop". All to frequently they have gotten it wrong and in our current day people hear about it and it makes journalistic integrity a much more difficult thing to believe in.
                        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• and they say Trump's not a uniter?

by booting a CNN correspondent from an event tonight, he is bringing media cats and dogs together

Bret Baier
                          ‏Verified account @BretBaier
                          24m24 minutes ago

Bret Baier Retweeted John Roberts

As a member of the White House Press pool- @FoxNews stands firmly with @CNN on this issue and the issue of access

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            I'm with you. My wife watches her, and a lot of MSNBC. I get some of it in passing because of this. I agree with others--she is smart, and I like that the tries to give historical context to contemporary issues. But I just don't like her delivery and style. Her intros last half her show. It takes her forever to make her points, and she sees more passionate about the politics of every issue, rather than the issues.

I remember really being turned off by how unaffected she seemed by Sandy Hook. Maybe she was just being professional, or purposefully focusing on the larger political issues so as not to breakdown thinking about the young lives lost. IDK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              and they say Trump's not a uniter?

by booting a CNN correspondent from an event tonight, he is bringing media cats and dogs together

Bret Baier
                              ‏Verified account @BretBaier
                              24m24 minutes ago

Bret Baier Retweeted John Roberts

As a member of the White House Press pool- @FoxNews stands firmly with @CNN on this issue and the issue of access
                              CNN and others stood up for Fox when Rahm Emanuel used to antagonize them. CNN was pissed when Trump froze them out last week and Fox didn't stand up for them, so maybe they got the message.

Comment

• House Republicans introduce a measure to impeach Rod Rosenstein.

Comment

Working...
                                X