This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Can you point me to a study that shows residents of these states will benefit by the amount you state? Because it's well known that NJ residents will get crushed by Dumb Donald's "tax cuts."
    Nope, and my apologies if I made that look like fact. I was using those numbers as an analogy that while the middle class may save more as a percentage of income than the higher income classes, that's never been a consideration when politicians on the left criticize any type of tax cut. It's always done in absolute dollars. Which I get. It makes the politics look better.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post

Honestly - NO ONE wants to pay more in taxes!
      Totally disagree, as I would expect most people to do once they look at what their taxes actually pay for. Schools, Police, Fire, and a myriad of city, state, and national services that we all need, or my someday need. Yes, there is WAY too much waste in the system, but I have no issue with paying taxes...I'd happily pay more if they ever figure out the health care issue.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• just something unscientific to think about

a 700K listing in a weathy suburb in NJ - property tax 21K - I live around the corner from here
        https://www.weichert.com/77680383/

a 700k listing in Minnesota - I just googled richest suburb - property tax 9k
        https://www.edinarealty.com/homes-fo...5386-4977536#/

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
          just something unscientific to think about

a 700K listing in a weathy suburb in NJ - property tax 21K - I live around the corner from here
          https://www.weichert.com/77680383/

a 700k listing in Minnesota - I just googled richest suburb - property tax 9k
          https://www.edinarealty.com/homes-fo...5386-4977536#/
          God Bless Flyover Country!
          "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
          - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
          - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            Totally disagree, as I would expect most people to do once they look at what their taxes actually pay for. Schools, Police, Fire, and a myriad of city, state, and national services that we all need, or my someday need. Yes, there is WAY too much waste in the system, but I have no issue with paying taxes...I'd happily pay more if they ever figure out the health care issue.
            I didnt say that people are opposed to paying taxes when the money is spent on good things. NO ONE wants to pay more taxes with the waste that is already there.
            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
            Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
              I didnt say that people are opposed to paying taxes when the money is spent on good things. NO ONE wants to pay more taxes with the waste that is already there.
              LOL...here's your direct quote:

Honestly - NO ONE wants to pay more in taxes!
              I get what you were driving at, it just needed a little clarification.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• heh, is this the NY tax cut for the rich as part of RESIST!™?
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Lefty? I was a registered republican for almost 30 years.
                  you keep saying that but dont the past 10 years of your very firm democrat support mean something? I cannot recall you saying one nice thing about any republican idea/person in the past 10 years. If I voted for Gore and Kerry, does that make me a lefty now?
                  "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    But my point was Trump has now managed to get two liberal Democrats to sue for a MORE regressive taxation scheme.
                    Dems: We hate any tax cuts that go to the rich. Except when those rich people are where our voters live.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      LOL...here's your direct quote:

I get what you were driving at, it just needed a little clarification.
                      Yes - Yes I did need to be more clear. LOL!!
                      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                        you keep saying that but dont the past 10 years of your very firm democrat support mean something? I cannot recall you saying one nice thing about any republican idea/person in the past 10 years. If I voted for Gore and Kerry, does that make me a lefty now?
                        you voted for Gore/Kerry?

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                          The Republican party has skewed far right over the past decade. Only delusional supporters feel otherwise.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                            you voted for Gore/Kerry?
                            yes. And I would have voted for Bill Clinton in 96 but I was too young to care, although I did sort of like him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              The Republican party has skewed far right over the past decade. Only delusional supporters feel otherwise.
                              Just as the Democratic party has skewed farther left over the past decade. Only delusional supporters feel otherwise.

Hmmmm, there is a party that is more centrist in many ways. NAH!

Comment

• The vote passed by a count of 244 to 35, as 133 Democrats elected to vote "present" on the resolution. The bill was brought to the floor under suspension of the rules, which requires a two-thirds super-majority of members voting and present for passage. About 69 percent of members voted in favor of the resolution.

The showdown played out on Capitol Hill in dramatic fashion as several progressive Democrats have signed onto new legislation that would abolish ICE and redistribute many of its responsibilities to other agencies.
                                Do you support ICE?

133 democrats: "Present"

Too afraid to pick a side. :|
                                Last edited by cardboardbox; 07-19-2018, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X