Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, I know I'm beating a dead horse on this issue at this point, so this will probably be my last post on it, but I felt compelled to link to this story: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...D45?li=BBnb7Kz

Basically, it addresses Al Qaeda is using the raid in Yemen, along with Trump previous statements, his Muslim ban, and the rest, as a rallying cry and recruitment tool. A lot of these extremist groups have been on the ropes recently, as we've seemed to make real gains against IS and Al Qaeda. I hope having Trump in power doesn't result in those gains reversing by increasing their recruitment and/or support.

And speaking of dead horses, I was very disappointed to read that the USDA has abruptly removed all animal wellfare information from its site. That info has long been used by animal rights activists, and now it is gone. It is still too early to know for sure if this is a result of a Trump order, but it certainly would not surprise me: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/usd...dZX?li=BBnb7Kz
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 02-04-2017, 12:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Okay, I know I'm beating a dead horse on this issue at this point, so this will probably be my last post on it, but I felt compelled to link to this story: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...D45?li=BBnb7Kz

Basically, it addresses Al Qaeda is using the raid in Yemen, along with Trump previous statements, his Muslim ban, and the rest, as a rallying cry and recruitment tool. A lot of these extremist groups have been on the ropes recently, as we've seemed to make real gains against IS and Al Qaeda. I hope having Trump in power doesn't result in those gains reversing by increasing their recruitment and/or support.

And speaking of dead horses, I was very disappointed to read that the USDA has abruptly removed all animal wellfare information from its site. That info has long been used by animal rights activists, and now it is gone. It is still too early to know for sure if this is a result of a Trump order, but it certainly would not surprise me: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/usd...dZX?li=BBnb7Kz
      The EPA is also removing information regarding Climate change data and plans from the Obama administration. Because science is BAD!

On another note, thoughts and prayers to the victims of the Bowling Green Massacre...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• I'm disappointed, this is all you two could come up with since Thursday? Low energy...
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
          I'm disappointed, this is all you two could come up with since Thursday? Low energy...
          I guess they couldn't find the link where the Aussie PM called the Trump call 'a civil conversation' and said he was not hung up on. Kind of disputes the Washington Post's account that was linked here.
          Last edited by nots; 02-04-2017, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
            I guess they couldn't find the link where the Aussie PM called the Trump call 'a civil conversation' and said he was not hung up on. Kind of disputes the Washington Post's account that was linked here.
            It's right next to the link where Ray Rice's wife says he never touched her.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
              It's right next to the link where Ray Rice's wife says he never touched her.....
              So you think Turnbull is lying for what reason?

Comment

So you think Turnbull is lying for what reason?
                So now you believe politicians?

Comment

So now you believe politicians?
                  Do you have a reason not to believe the PM of Australia--other than he's a politician?
                  As you can see from my post to you on Thursday, I too initially believed the Washington Post and criticized Trump's alleged tone. However, when Turnbull's account backs up Trump's and is in contrast to the Post's account, I think that's worth mentioning here.
                  Last edited by nots; 02-04-2017, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Do you have a reason not to believe the PM of Australia--other than he's a politician?
                    As you can see from my post to you on Thursday, I too initially believed the Washington Post and criticized Trump's alleged tone. However, when Turnbull's account backs up Trump's and is in contrast to the Post's account, I think that's worth mentioning here.
                    I think there's a number of reasons for both Trump and Turnbull to gloss over any possible tension between the two.

Comment

I think there's a number of reasons for both Trump and Turnbull to gloss over any possible tension between the two.
                      Yes, and no benefit for Australia to make Trump look bad, especially since, despite how he stomped his feet and pouted, he seems like he is going to honor that agreement. Airing Trump's dirty laundry might give him just the nudge he needs to back out of the deal.

Comment

Fair enough. And I think there are a number of reasons why the Washington Post would want to perpetuate an anti-Trump narrative. Since the Post account was cited here several times, I think presenting the participants account of the call is noteworthy and worth discussing.
                        Last edited by nots; 02-04-2017, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Fair enough. And I think there are a number of reasons why the Washington Post would want to perpetuate an anti-Trump narrative. Since the Post account was cited here several times, I don't think it's irrational to post the participants version of the call that refutes it.
                          I don't recall saying that it was irrational

Comment

I don't recall saying that it was irrational
                            Yeah, that was a poor word choice by me. I will amend it.

Comment

• Trump is again attacking the judiciary branch of government on a personal level, but this time not as a candidate, but as POTUS. Disagreeing with the judge who put a retraining order on his ban isn't a surprise, nor is his implication that this Bush appointed judge isn't really a judge at all, because he dares to defy Trump. But it is still disheartening to see the executive branch try to discredit the judicial branch of government: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...2JP?li=BBnb7Kz

At least he didn't/couldn't discredit this judge based on ethnicity and heritage.

Comment

Fair enough. And I think there are a number of reasons why the Washington Post would want to perpetuate an anti-Trump narrative. Since the Post account was cited here several times, I think presenting the participants account of the call is noteworthy and worth discussing.
                                The Post and other mainstream newspapers don't need to try to skew an anti Trump narrative...Trump is doing that himself. All they need to do is to report the facts as they find them.
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X