This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Yup. All my republican friends have said for years--"man, we really need to elect a guy like Bill Clinton...that guy was a class act. I can't say a bad word about that guy. We need to find a guy like that! But let's make sure he has absolutely no political experience, like at all...that is a MUST. And he has to comment on how hot his own daughter is. Not doing that would be a total deal breaker."
    All sarcasm aside, and speaking only for myself, I've always respected Bill Clinton's political ability, and have said so many times on this board.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      All sarcasm aside, and speaking only for myself, I've always respected Bill Clinton's political ability, and have said so many times on this board.
      Wow, well, you've left me speechless. I did not expect you to come back at that with admiration for Willie C .

Comment

Wow, well, you've left me speechless. I did not expect you to come back at that with admiration for Willie C .
        It's true, though admittedly a bit of a setup. Trump has a number of Bill Clinton's features - willingness to cast aside party views for political wins, amorality, ruthlessness, and an all-consuming desire to win.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
          "Our relationship with Russia has NEVER been worse thanks to many years of U.S. foolishness and stupidity and now, the Rigged Witch Hunt." - POTUS
          "We agree" - the Russian Foreign Ministry

I'm interested in the thoughts of my right-leaning and right-center-leaning friends in the Sports Bar. What do you think of that? How is that not "apologizing for America," which Trump promised us was never going to happen under his leadership?

Edit to add a link to Ben Shapiro's analysis from The Daily Wire:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/33123...ts-ben-shapiro
          Can Ben Shapiro replace Trump as president?
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
            Can Ben Shapiro replace Trump as president?
            He turns 35 next year and was born in California, so sure, the GOP could replace Trump with Shapiro for the 2020 election. Get to work, lol.

Comment

He turns 35 next year and was born in California, so sure, the GOP could replace Trump with Shapiro for the 2020 election. Get to work, lol.
              sigh, I meant now
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

sigh, I meant now
                That would be a hell of a step up. I've made mention of this before (Bernie got mad at me for saying it; still not sure why)--we can disagree on substantive issues all we want, but why don't we all agree to elect our best and brightest instead of idiot/clowns? The GOP went with a total clown in Trump, when they have minds and voices, like Shapiro, who would have been more qualified and dignified in the office.

Comment

I'll gladly take a moron doing 75% of what I want over a genius doing 10% of what I want.
                  the context is CBB support of Trump as president statement - right CBB?

Is there something that Trump can do that will change your opinion of him being president?

Comment

99% of the comments I read backed trump and dismissed Shapiro.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

That would be a hell of a step up. I've made mention of this before (Bernie got mad at me for saying it; still not sure why)--we can disagree on substantive issues all we want, but why don't we all agree to elect our best and brightest instead of idiot/clowns? The GOP went with a total clown in Trump, when they have minds and voices, like Shapiro, who would have been more qualified and dignified in the office.
                      Almost all of the rest of the GOP field would have been more dignified, maybe all of them. Unfortunately no primary voters listened to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                        the context is CBB support of Trump as president statement - right CBB?

Is there something that Trump can do that will change your opinion of him being president?
                        I'm confused by your first ? Are you asking if I think Trump is a moron? He certainly can and does act like one at times. Other times I agree with him.

If he started a war that he shouldnt or if his tariff war kills the economy, he'd lose my support. If he turned left on various issues I'd be disappointed but probably have to still support. However, I dont know if there's any democrat I could support, maybe Bloomberg if he counts.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          Which goes back to Trump's own insightful comment during the campaign that he could shoot someone on the street in front of thousands of witnesses and still not lose the support of his partisans. This to me is the test, because his tweet and his presser with Putin seem to me like things that, under clear-eyed examination, would strike most conservatives/Republicans/patriots as pretty atrocious - potentially even treasonous.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            You can't shake a TRUE TRUMPER - off trump. They would stand by and watch him destroy ever thing they own and still not denouncing him. They will go down saying - keep the faith he will make it right!!!!

Comment

• John McCain:

"Today’s press conference in Helsinki was one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president in memory. The damage inflicted by President Trump’s naiveté, egotism, false equivalence, and sympathy for autocrats is difficult to calculate. But it is clear that the summit in Helsinki was a tragic mistake. President Trump proved not only unable, but unwilling to stand up to Putin. He and Putin seemed to be speaking from the same script as the president made a conscious choice to defend a tyrant against the fair questions of a free press, and to grant Putin an uncontested platform to spew propaganda and lies to the world. It is tempting to describe the press conference as a pathetic rout – as an illustration of the perils of under-preparation and inexperience. But these were not the errant tweets of a novice politician. These were the deliberate choices of a president who seems determined to realize his delusions of a warm relationship with Putin’s regime without any regard for the true nature of his rule, his violent disregard for the sovereignty of his neighbors, his complicity in the slaughter of the Syrian people, his violation of international treaties, and his assault on democratic institutions throughout the world. Coming close on the heels of President Trump’s bombastic and erratic conduct towards our closest friends and allies in Brussels and Britain, today’s press conference marks a recent low point in the history of the American Presidency. That the president was attended in Helsinki by a team of competent and patriotic advisors makes his blunders and capitulations all the more painful and inexplicable. No prior president has ever abased himself more abjectly before a tyrant. Not only did President Trump fail to speak the truth about an adversary; but speaking for America to the world, our president failed to defend all that makes us who we are—a republic of free people dedicated to the cause of liberty at home and abroad. American presidents must be the champions of that cause if it is to succeed. Americans are waiting and hoping for President Trump to embrace that sacred responsibility. One can only hope they are not waiting totally in vain.”

Comment

• former RNC chair Michael Steele simple comment regarding that joint press conference, "That's how a press conference sounds when an Asset stands next to his Handler."

This is beyond shameful, beyond a simpleton being played by Putin, it is simply treason. We started off with whirlwind stop beforehand where Trump aggressively lambasted all members of EU for failing to meet Nato spend guideline, as if they are behind on country club dues, and he actually referred to our long standing allies, the members of EU, as foes. Trump then meets with Putin behind closed doors for hours with nobody by his side but interpreter, against advice of anyone sane, emerges and declares in a joint Putin news conference that they have come to an agreement, its US fault, and US intel does not have weight of Putin denials.

Comment

Working...
                                X