Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm not a really a fan of HRC because she was somewhat craven. and i would say so was Bill. .. and Bill did have a huge dot.com bubble that did eventually have to burst. ..if you want to blame presidents for bubbles which i think is reckless. but that's my opinion. but yeah the best thing i heard was wall street guys saying the republic would survive another Clinton presidency.

i've seen HRC look great when she was at one of those dinners where they make jokes about politicians. she was sitting by herself and they made fun of her, and she took it great. she looked presidential. but i'm actually sick of Bill Clinton. he obviously loves himself, and that sort of things wears on you, lol.

still the deficit is out of control. and projected to be like a trillion in 2020. although during Bill's presidency he did good also in part because of the dot.com bubble. but i think Obama at the end was getting it a little lower and HRC would probably have it on the radar too.

i am not an economics guy but i hear the debt is basically financed by running a trade deficit. that foreigners finance it. so that sucks that interest rates will probably be high fairly soon?
    Last edited by ; 07-14-2018, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
      I lose credibility but overkill doesnt? How does that makes sense?

The type of judges she would have appointed makes her shittier by far.
      You’re not a liberal or apparently Canadian. The libs and Canadians can post any old outrageous shit here and never get called out by the peers. But if those evangelical, gun toting, conspirousy spewing, low info conservatives get a little uppidty and they’re all racist, islamophobic, homophobia asshats. But surely you knew that!
      I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
        You’re not a liberal or apparently Canadian. The libs and Canadians can post any old outrageous shit here and never get called out by the peers. But if those evangelical, gun toting, conspirousy spewing, low info conservatives get a little uppidty and they’re all racist, islamophobic, homophobia asshats. But surely you knew that!
        You really cant see or admit that Trump is a racist shitbag?? It has nothing to do with being a liberal or conservative, it has to do with being a really poor human being.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
          I lose credibility but overkill doesnt? How does that makes sense?

The type of judges she would have appointed makes her shittier by far.
          OK, so by shittier you mean you just don't approve of her policies. That's fine. I misunderstood you then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            You really cant see or admit that Trump is a racist shitbag?? It has nothing to do with being a liberal or conservative, it has to do with being a really poor human being.
            Bingo. Call him whatever you want, the guy is a total shitbag. Is it not obvious to everyone? If not, why? You can love his policies or his judges, fine, but how is he not still a complete moronic shitbag?

Do his fans think it's cool to mock a handicapped person? Or women in general? Is it cool to say a woman is bleeding from her whatever? Is it cool to insult war heroes now? Or just mock anyone opposed to you? Or that neo-nazis have "some good people?" Is it cool for the leader of the free world, who is still an amateur with a ton to learn, to go into an epic meeting saying he didn't prepare? Is it cool that for years he mocked President Obama, and then does some of the exact things he mocked him about, even moreso? Is it cool to rip other countries’ leaders — especially those who are extremely friendly with us — and then deny it shortly thereafter?

All these things are not liberal or conservative, GOP or Democrat. Heck, I might not like a Mike Pence or his policies, or a John McCain or Mitt Romney, but I'm damn sure they'd uphold the office with respect for all.

Not sure why BB always plays the other side.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Because it's just not fair around here.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Because it's just not fair around here.
                Because we are all deranged!

Seriously, I think folks who like some of the things Trump is doing have to try to minimize/trivialize some of the other things things he says and does that most good folks know is wrong, or they would have to admit the hard truth that Trump should not be an acceptable president for any of us, no matter who he nominates for the SC, or what taxes he cuts.

He is a bad guy, a dangerous guy, who does not believe in some fundamental values and laws that should be litmus tests for the office. Maybe he does some things Republicans like, but he is still not the man they should have raised up to be president. And fully accepting the extent to which that is true would taint all the joy Republicans feel in his Republican triumphs. So, instead, we see folks trying hard to compare his wrong doings with any historical precedents they can find, to try to highlight that his worst isn't all that much worse than his predecessors. He is just crass and rough around the edges.

But that isn't true. It is more than his 3rd grade, narcissist speech patterns. It is more than him punching down, beneath the dignity of his office, on social media, constantly. It is more than his sex scandals. I've already written more than I should on all the more that makes Trump unacceptable as president, but it is clear at this point, the campaign to normalize him, to trivialize his wrong doings, to deflect, to excuse, to interpret his words and deeds most generously, is working. His popularity is rising with each day that he doesn't start a nuclear war. If he can manage to make it to the next election without starting one, he may very well win again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  I've already written more than I should on all the more that makes Trump unacceptable as president, but it is clear at this point, the campaign to normalize him, to trivialize his wrong doings, to deflect, to excuse, to interpret his words and deeds most generously, is working. His popularity is rising with each day that he doesn't start a nuclear war. If he can manage to make it to the next election without starting one, he may very well win again.
                  But it's really not...his numbers remain consistent. Yes, they may rise and fall a few points base on what might have happened in any particular week, but overall, they're just not very good. Linking to the latest Gallup Poll numbers show that he's currently got a 41% approval rating, and a 56% disapproval rating. He peaked at a 45% approval rating in early June, with a 50% disapproval rating. His foreign trip that he's currently on isn't going to do him any favors either.

The economy should bring his numbers up, but the problem is that the average person just isn't seeing the benefits, and they're starting to realize that it's not coming their way. The tariff war isn't likely to end well either...North Korea is laughing at him and by association the US. They recently just decided not to show up at a planned meeting to discuss returning the remains of US soldiers from the Korean War.

I'm just trying to look at the whole picture, and what I see isn't too rosey for Trump.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    But it's really not...his numbers remain consistent. Yes, they may rise and fall a few points base on what might have happened in any particular week, but overall, they're just not very good. Linking to the latest Gallup Poll numbers show that he's currently got a 41% approval rating, and a 56% disapproval rating. He peaked at a 45% approval rating in early June, with a 50% disapproval rating. His foreign trip that he's currently on isn't going to do him any favors either.

The economy should bring his numbers up, but the problem is that the average person just isn't seeing the benefits, and they're starting to realize that it's not coming their way. The tariff war isn't likely to end well either...North Korea is laughing at him and by association the US. They recently just decided not to show up at a planned meeting to discuss returning the remains of US soldiers from the Korean War.

I'm just trying to look at the whole picture, and what I see isn't too rosey for Trump.
                    You know what all those polls are worth? Or do you not remember what those polls said about the 2016 election? What has changed since then? Right now trump is looking like he'll be re elected, by that could change if the Dems put someone in that will energize their base. hint, Joe Biden isn't it

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                      You know what all those polls are worth? Or do you not remember what those polls said about the 2016 election? What has changed since then? Right now trump is looking like he'll be re elected, by that could change if the Dems put someone in that will energize their base. hint, Joe Biden isn't it
                      The polls are a snapshot in time as to what the mood of the country is. And right now, the mood isn't in Trump's favor. Not much has changed since 2016, and neither has the validity of polling. If anything, it's probably more carefully managed today than it was then. Remember that Trump lost by over 3 million votes, so a lot of the polling was accurate enough. State by state polling fell down on the job, and that showed up in the narrow wins in key states.

And nobody needs to worry about 2020 yet, that will sort itself out in the next year and a half. What's important now is 2018, which is going to be a pretty viable reference point on the future of Trump.

And just what leads you to believe that Trump is going to be re-elected?
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Bingo. Call him whatever you want, the guy is a total shitbag. Is it not obvious to everyone? If not, why? You can love his policies or his judges, fine, but how is he not still a complete moronic shitbag?
                        I'll gladly take a moron doing 75% of what I want over a genius doing 10% of what I want.
                        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

North Korea is laughing at him and by association the US. They recently just decided not to show up at a planned meeting to discuss returning the remains of US soldiers from the Korean War.
                          And in return Trump is reapplying the economic pressure. Trying to stop their oil shipments for the rest of the year.
                          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Do his fans think it's cool to mock a handicapped person? Or women in general? Is it cool to say a woman is bleeding from her whatever? Is it cool to insult war heroes now? Or just mock anyone opposed to you? Or that neo-nazis have "some good people?" Is it cool for the leader of the free world, who is still an amateur with a ton to learn, to go into an epic meeting saying he didn't prepare? Is it cool that for years he mocked President Obama, and then does some of the exact things he mocked him about, even moreso? Is it cool to rip other countries’ leaders — especially those who are extremely friendly with us — and then deny it shortly thereafter?

All these things are not liberal or conservative, GOP or Democrat. Heck, I might not like a Mike Pence or his policies, or a John McCain or Mitt Romney, but I'm damn sure they'd uphold the office with respect for all.

Excellent post
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I largely agree with this, except when you break it down to the micro level. The sky IS falling to the families that get seperated and have yet to get reunited, and perhaps never will. It's falling for the person who's suddenly without a job, medical care, and a family to feed. It's falling for a myriad of other reasons as well.

Conversely, It may be that all of this chaos is a good thing, a reset button if you will, that gets us all out of our comfort zone and reengages humanity is a way that we desperately need. What Trump has done is all reversible, and it will be fixed, IMO. Just a matter of time.

Whew...I can't go down into the nullyverse too often, it's tiring.
                              Although the federal government used to mandate that states had to offer extended unemployment benefits, Congress did not renew this law in 2013. It now varies from state to state whether extended benefits are available..

Comment

• to put it in perspective, conservative voters are going to see our attacks on Trump in the same way we saw their attacks on Obama. to us it didn't make sense, just like it's not going to make sense now. perhaps a lot of voters see Trump as anti-politically correct. which is an issue or belief... so in some cases it might actually be called a feature instead of a fault.

the human mind will do wonders when it comes to dealing with things that are hard to deal with. maybe it's better for everyone to go high when everyone goes low.

and stock up on dehydrated food!

Comment

Working...
                                X