This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Unsurprising. Pocan is an absolute lightweight; he embarrasses even locals from Madison. I realize I'll probably piss off B-Fly again, but I love it when we make the left live by their own Alinsky-based rules.
    When individual legislators put forward a bill for political posturing and then aren't even willing to vote on it, they've earned some mockery. That's different than delighting in the distress and fear and sorrow of large segments of the population, which is what pisses me off.

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
      why does a Canadian care if the FBI is destroyed?
      I took his post as listing/demonstrating a series of destabilizing moves.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

why does a Canadian care if the FBI is destroyed?
        Because Peter Strzok might then emigrate to Canada. C'mon, that one's easy.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Trump appeared to be trying his very best today to walk back/disavow the shivving of Theresa May within his interview with The Sun, calling it "fake news", praising and even publicly showing deference to May. The Sun - a Murdoch-owned conservative tabloid - did publish their recording of the interview to negate Trump's "fake news" allegation.

Comment

• i think we can learn how to talk to each other when a different political party is in charge of the government. for example when democrats were in charge, republican voters felt the sky was falling; and when republicans are in charge, democrats think it is.

so right now, i'll try to learn how to be told it's not the apocalypse, so then when the roles are reversed again someday i will know how to tell them too. ..unless the apocalypse does actually happen during one of these reversals with brimstone coming down from the skies! the dead rising from the grave! human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together. basically all life as you know it stopping instantaneously

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              I'm actually surprised that this hasn't been asked until now; I'll let tw answer but just throw this in - the leader of the US is by & large the leader of the western world; the direction the US takes has a massive influence on other countries; the US sets the rules by which other countries have to live (e.g. - you don't like NAFTA, you'll just end it; had Canada taken that approach there would have been huge repercussions that simply couldn't have been tolerated up here). So yeah, we care what happens down there.
              From my travels all over the world I've been surprised to find out that EVERYONE cares about US politics. And from the places I've visited since the election, they are scared shitless and disappointed in Americans for electing such a reckless shitbag.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                i think we can learn how to talk to each other when a different political party is in charge of the government. for example when democrats were in charge, republican voters felt the sky was falling; and when republicans are in charge, democrats think it is.

so right now, i'll try to learn how to be told it's not the apocalypse, so then when the roles are reversed again someday i will know how to tell them too.
                ..unless the apocalypse does actually happen during one of these reversals with brimstone coming down from the skies! the dead rising from the grave! human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together. basically all life as you know it stopping instantaneously
                This is a good post.
                I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                  From my travels all over the world I've been surprised to find out that EVERYONE cares about US politics. And from the places I've visited since the election, they are scared shitless and disappointed in Americans for electing such a reckless shitbag.
                  Notwithstanding the reckless shit editorializing, But this trend doesn’t seem to be isolated to the US. Look at Europe and Britex and LaPen in France and elsewhere. The world should be a little more afraid. This trend isn’t good.
                  I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                    Notwithstanding the reckless shit editorializing, But this trend doesn’t seem to be isolated to the US. Look at Europe and Britex and LaPen in France and elsewhere. The world should be a little more afraid. This trend isn’t good.
                    Just seconding overkill's point - everywhere I've been people are in indeed scared shitless. Yes, Le Pen and Brexit are factors, but as I said above, the US is for all intents and purposes the leader of the western world. Everyone's fear is based primarily on Trump.
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                      Just seconding overkill's point - everywhere I've been people are in indeed scared shitless. Yes, Le Pen and Brexit are factors, but as I said above, the US is for all intents and purposes the leader of the western world. Everyone's fear is based primarily on Trump.
                      And, I’m not disagreeing but it is not only in the US. I get that we are the big dog in the western world, but German liberals are getting push back, Iran is seeing citizens arise in defiance. We’ve seen Arab Spring. There lots of unrest and, of course, unrest in the US only adds to the concern and likely magnifies it.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Indeed he is.
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                          i think we can learn how to talk to each other when a different political party is in charge of the government. for example when democrats were in charge, republican voters felt the sky was falling; and when republicans are in charge, democrats think it is.

so right now, i'll try to learn how to be told it's not the apocalypse, so then when the roles are reversed again someday i will know how to tell them too. ..unless the apocalypse does actually happen during one of these reversals with brimstone coming down from the skies! the dead rising from the grave! human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together. basically all life as you know it stopping instantaneously
                          I largely agree with this, except when you break it down to the micro level. The sky IS falling to the families that get seperated and have yet to get reunited, and perhaps never will. It's falling for the person who's suddenly without a job, medical care, and a family to feed. It's falling for a myriad of other reasons as well.

Conversely, It may be that all of this chaos is a good thing, a reset button if you will, that gets us all out of our comfort zone and reengages humanity is a way that we desperately need. What Trump has done is all reversible, and it will be fixed, IMO. Just a matter of time.

Whew...I can't go down into the nullyverse too often, it's tiring.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Trump is far from being a great president, but I'm so happy the shittier shitbag didnt get elected.
                            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Trump is far from being a great president, but I'm so happy the shittier shitbag didnt get elected.
                              This is where you lose credibility, IMO. I totally can understand if you didn't like her or even hated her. I can totally understand if you voted for someone else. But had she been elected, even against your wishes, didn't we kinda already know what we were in store for based on 8 years of her husband? And love him or hate him, weren't those years determined by most to have been very successful? Historians rate his administration very highly.

So why is she the "Shittier shitbag?" My buddy, an avid Trump fan who absolutely can't stand Hillary, still can only come up with the stupid emails and that "he hates her face." You?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                This is where you lose credibility, IMO. I totally can understand if you didn't like her or even hated her. I can totally understand if you voted for someone else. But had she been elected, even against your wishes, didn't we kinda already know what we were in store for based on 8 years of her husband? And love him or hate him, weren't those years determined by most to have been very successful? Historians rate his administration very highly.

So why is she the "Shittier shitbag?" My buddy, an avid Trump fan who absolutely can't stand Hillary, still can only come up with the stupid emails and that "he hates her face." You?
                                I lose credibility but overkill doesnt? How does that makes sense?

The type of judges she would have appointed makes her shittier by far.
                                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X