This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    The tariff war is starting to come home to roost. Harley is going to start manufacturing off-shore for overseas markets. A nail manufacturing company in Missouri is laying off 60 people, and is facing the prospect of closing completely. Farmers around the midwest are scared that they'll end up with nothing if the foreign markets got belly up because of the tariffs. It's real, and it has consequenses...
    Pssst, 4 posts up, above Ted Nugent's ugly mug.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Pssst, 4 posts up, above Ted Nugent's ugly mug.
      God...I was so mesmerised by the sheer majesty of the Nuge that I missed it. Can you downsize the Nuge please, for humanity's sake?
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• today:
        -2000+ kids still missing
        -an iconic American company is taking jobs overseas
        -SCOTUS with huge decision on gerrymandered districts (that can remain standing)
        -EPA admin ofered a quid pro quo
        -Defense secretary now on the outs with the admin
        -POTUS threatends to end due process

our lead story is about someone politely being asked to leave a restaurant

Our media & culture, folks....

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          today:
          -SCOTUS with huge decision on gerrymandered districts (that can remain standing)

Or our lead story could the civil unrest and corresponding government crack down in Iran, but that’s old fashion news.
          I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
            Or our lead story could the civil unrest and corresponding government crack down in Iran, but that’s old fashion news.
            Or it could be about Ertogan being "re-elected" in Turkey, or about Trump quietly walking back talk about North Korea denuclearization, or the fact that Europe is now turning to China for goods and services, or Wells Fargo being accused of misconduct...again. Lots of choices out there...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              God...I was so mesmerised by the sheer majesty of the Nuge that I missed it. Can you downsize the Nuge please, for humanity's sake?
              LOL. That would be a shame!

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                today:

I'm curious which case threatens to end due process. Carpenter just expanded it.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                  I'm curious which case threatens to end due process. Carpenter just expanded it.

J
                  He's referencing Trump's comments about wanting to be able to deport "illegal" border crossers without judges or hearings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                    The progressives I follow have universally disagreed with the decision to not serve Sanders, FYI. Probably around a dozen takes that I've seen. But those are progressives, not Democrats.
                    I guess I have a hard time finding progressives because I mostly see high fives on liberal websites.

But its good to know that some people on the left think this was a bad move.
                    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                      I guess I have a hard time finding progressives because I mostly see high fives on liberal websites.

But its good to know that some people on the left think this was a bad move.
                      I don't think it is the same as not serving people because of race or sexual orientation, but while that is a false equivalencies, I do agree it was a bad move. I personally would not have done it, and I do think it is a disturbing path to go down.

I also cringed when Seth Rogan told a story recently about being more brutally honest than I think was appropriate in front of Paul Ryan's kids. His kid's came up to Rogan as fans asking for a selfie. He said okay, but then they said their dad wanted one too. It turned out to be Ryan, and Rogan told him flat out that he hates what he is doing to the country, and didn't like him, etc. I think he should have just politely declined, given that Ryan's two boys' were there. No need to go there with his kids there.
                      Last edited by Sour Masher; 06-26-2018, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• There's the kind of bullshit that we've come to expect from Trump and Co.

The Trump administration will not reunite any migrant children with parents still held in immigrant detention facilities unless federal law changes, a top administration official told Congress today.

The statement by Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar confirmed fears that the administration will reunite children with their parents quickly only if the parents drop their claims for asylum in the U.S. and agree to be deported.
                        LA Times...

So if you don't ask for asylum, you can be re-united with your children and sent back to the same horror show that you were trying to save your kids from. Remember, these AREN'T illegals, they are requesting asylum...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          I don't think it is the same as not serving people because of race or sexual orientation, but while that is a false equivalencies, I do agree it was a bad move. I personally would not have done it, and I do think it is a disturbing path to go down.

I also cringed when Seth Rogan told a story recently about being more brutally honest than I think was appropriate in front of Paul Ryan's kids. His kid's came up to Rogan as fans asking for a selfie. He said okay, but then they said their dad wanted one too. It turned out to be Ryan, and Rogan told him flat out that he hates what he is doing to the country, and didn't like him, etc. I think he should have just politely declined, given that Ryan's two boys' were there. No need to go there with his kids there.
                          Disagree. If you feel that strongly about a person who is basically running/ruining the country, tell them.
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            Disagree. If you feel that strongly about a person who is basically running/ruining the country, tell them.
                            Yeah, but why not pull him aside? Doing it in front of his kids hurts them, not him. I have no problem if he said that to him mano a mano.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                              If I were Rogan I would have said sure I'll take the pictures... if you listen to what I have to say for 5 minutes.
                              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby
                                LMAO...keep losing your base Don.
                                Well, he sure lost the CEO of Harley, but am I missing something with the poll numbers? He seems inexplicably popular with Republicans at the moment. I heard that polling had 90% of Repubs approving of him at the moment.

BTW, Trump, of course, had to respond. He threatened that Harley would be taxed "like never before" if they moved production overseas.

Comment

Working...
                                X