This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
    The main thing that has changed is that Trump has issued a new policy to separate children from their parents at the border. I think this is a bad policy. And many times, Trump has said he wants to deport all 13 million illegal immigrants (not just those that are criminals or a public safety threat), which I also think is a bad policy. People are trying to make an equivalence between the policies of Trump and Obama, but I think articles like those Jacobin and HuffPo ones are incorrectly interpreting the data, which I tried to correct with the Migration Policy one.
    Why is it bad policy? It has the advantage of being legal.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
      The main thing that has changed is that Trump has issued a new policy to separate children from their parents at the border. I think this is a bad policy. And many times, Trump has said he wants to deport all 13 million illegal immigrants (not just those that are criminals or a public safety threat), which I also think is a bad policy. People are trying to make an equivalence between the policies of Trump and Obama, but I think articles like those Jacobin and HuffPo ones are incorrectly interpreting the data, which I tried to correct with the Migration Policy one.
      I agree that Trump is worse, just don't think the data supports your earlier statement, and don't think Obama should be immune from criticism. and yes recent and future policy changes may be even worse.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        so the trade wars are on; with American tariffs now applied to Canadian steel & aluminum (as well as Mexico & the EU, announced this morning), Canada announced this afternoon that we're putting export taxes on ... wait for it ... maple syrup and canadian whisky (amongst other stuff). Enjoy your waffles - up here we won't be able to afford your cars but we should be able to be permanently pickled with the glut of Canadian Club we'll have.

edit: oops, my mistake - it's not an export tax, we're imposing tariffs on importing specific US goods - so no US maple syrup up here (I guess there's a farmer in Vermont who's pissed about that) ... and now we'll have to pay more for decent bourbon (glad I loaded up a while back ... tho I also brought back a bunch of scotch from scotland last month so won't really feel that at all).
        you need to ban things from the states that support Trump! Vermont is a blue state. like what the Chinese did with soybeans.

you could tell the Trump supporters they aren't allowed to search and take photographs of Bigfoot. that will teach them!

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
          you need to ban things from the states that support Trump! Vermont is a blue state. like what the Chinese did with soybeans.

you could tell the Trump supporters they aren't allowed to search and take photographs of Bigfoot. that will teach them!
          actually most of the stuff that Canada has taxed does come from red states - there's a theory that maple syrup was included to engage a certain vocal senator from Vermont
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post

Bigfoot? Get real. Their mythical creature is an apolitical reporter.

J

PS Please don't endorse starvation as policy. Really.
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• World Championship Level Trolling:

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• This self-pardon talk is just astounding.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                  This self-pardon talk is just astounding.
                  Were he to follow through, it would undoubtedly lead to his impreachment. I'd think he’d be out shortly after that.
                  Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 06-04-2018, 02:43 PM.
                  I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                    We’re he to follow through, it would undoubtedly lead to his impreachment. I think he’d been out after that.
                    Just the mention of it should at least lead someone in his party to mention it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                      Just the mention of it should at least lead someone in his party to mention it.
                      I think Giuliani did.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        I think Giuliani did.
                        any senate response? any house response? why nothing!

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                          any senate response? any house response? why nothing!
                          It sounds like Corker is drafting legislation to "push back" but we'll see what actually materializes.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• For a guy who says there's nothing there and that he did no wrong, he sure can't stop talking about pardoning himself, not being able to be indicted, and trying to undermine the special prosecutor, the DoJ and FBI, respectively. Just like any innocent person would do.

Oh, and tonight he admits he crafted the statement for that key Don Jr./Russia/Hilary Dirt meeting after LYING for over a year that he didn’t. At this point, what is there to say? How do his supporters keep a straight face?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              For a guy who says there's nothing there and that he did no wrong, he sure can't stop talking about pardoning himself, not being able to be indicted, and trying to undermine the special prosecutor, the DoJ and FBI, respectively. Just like any innocent person would do.
                              That's pretty much Trump in one post.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Don't you have to be convicted of a crime in order to be pardoned of one? Just asking for a friend...
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X